Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so here is something i need clarity with.
::: ON chatting to neighbor last night, his brother joins us, topic turns to forex, he decides to take the lead role in the conversation. main points made with belief and certtainty were as lsited below
1) leave positions open till they come into profit
2) do not trade when London and USA overlap
3) range trading between 8 and midnight is a guaranteed winner
4) it is arrogant for me to(!?!!) think any lines i draw might could help me trade as the data set will never be big enough for me to take into account all the facts that may influence the next turn in price
5) only trade between 7 and 9 am
6) there is more but the above was enough

if all this is right, and he was emphatic, i have seriously got the wrong end of the stick on how to trade
Any opinions on this, i am happy to stand corrected if i am wrong

ok so here is something i need clarity with.
::: ON chatting to neighbor last night, his brother joins us, topic turns to forex, he decides to take the lead role in the conversation. main points made with belief and certtainty were as lsited below
1) leave positions open till they come into profit
2) do not trade when London and USA overlap
3) range trading between 8 and midnight is a guaranteed winner
4) it is arrogant for me to(!?!!) think any lines i draw might could help me trade as the data set will never be big enough for me to take into account all the facts that may influence the next turn in price
5) only trade between 7 and 9 am
6) there is more but the above was enough

if all this is right, and he was emphatic, i have seriously got the wrong end of the stick on how to trade
Any opinions on this, i am happy to stand corrected if i am wrong

Major -- What is important more than anything is what works for YOU.

If he is successful at trading following those points then good for him , it doesn't mean that the next guy will be successful doing the exact same thing. Trading is finding out through personal experience what works for you and what doesn't.

Why don't you do your own analysis on each point raised , a set number of trades and compare results against your norm , if , you believe he is successful ?

I can't ever see no.1 being correct for your current style of trading.

Lines -- Depends on how good you are at drawing them and how you interpret the price action's reaction to it , if any . They are just a part of the jigsaw.

There seem to be thousands who are experts at trading these days !!! A famous golfer some years back now, said " I listen to all the advice that people seem so keen to give me and just pick out the bits that I think I can use in my game and disregard the rest "

So true for most things in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.