Internships

smiley486

Hi all,

What is the best way to approach companies for an internship?

I have recently finished my degree in financial mathematics and am looking to get some experience under my belt (paid or unpaid) before i continue on doing a masters in quantitative finance. I want to get into trading.

I am located in Sydney, Australia .

Thanks all,
Paul

You could get hold of the exchange memebers list and write to all the people listed offering your services or try to talk/meet with some financial recruitment agency people and try to get some contacts. Persistence generally pays off.

Hi all,

What is the best way to approach companies for an internship?

I have recently finished my degree in financial mathematics and am looking to get some experience under my belt (paid or unpaid) before i continue on doing a masters in quantitative finance. I want to get into trading.

I am located in Sydney, Australia .

Thanks all,
Paul

Thank you for the advice TW for I too am in the same boat as Smiley. I was meant to be starting with an investment research house in January, met up with all the partners and all and got the nod. I am sitting here and its bloody May and I am still not working,I have been hustling but have focussed persistence with the company concerned. However I am at my wits end because I just think they going to play about...its going to be too much effort for them to accomodate me as they normally do not take interns,however that being said I was happily willing to work for free and still am. I am glad I found this form because I think I will hopefully land a shot as an indirect result of being here and learning and following sound advice.