Internship Advise

TobyWallis

Hi

I was wondering if any one could help me out with some advice. I'm 19 years old and have 2 years of trading experience; I wanted to get an internship or something similar but have not been to uni and got a degree. I have been on some analysis courses and currently propriety trading at Training Traders, where I’m also on at mentoring program.

Just wondering if there’s any other way of going about this?

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if any one could help me out with some advice. I'm 19 years old and have 2 years of trading experience; I wanted to get an internship or something similar but have not been to uni and got a degree. I have been on some analysis courses and currently propriety trading at Training Traders, where I’m also on at mentoring program.

Just wondering if there’s any other way of going about this?

Thanks

Why do you want an internship if you're already a prop trader at Training Traders? Surely you must be highly profitable having been taught by the fake world champion himself?

Why do you want an internship if you're already a prop trader at Training Traders? Surely you must be highly profitable having been taught by the fake world champion himself?

To further my career. Would of thought that was obvious.

Internships are receiving attention these days from HMRC where nothing or less than national minimum wage is being paid. I can see unpaid internships disappearing very soon.

Well my ambition is to eventually work for an investmant bank, so I want to try and get in at the bottom and work my way up.

Remove any mention of Training Traders from your cv for a start. They have been generally ridiculed for their misleading advertising and various dodgy practices. It wouldn't benefit you to admit you'd fallen for that sort of nonsense.

Toby

Surely as you're "so close to a master of Price Behaviour Trading" you don't need an internship. Surely you're getting it now and if Bagdaddy's training is to believed you're the finished product, a trading machine, a conveyer belt of profits etc.

Call some headhunters up, they'll place you with one of the big banks by tomorrow morning :)

PS. don't take this personally, but we like to prick and rub the vendors and their crazy claims on this board.

Hi,
I tried out for the Training Traders "new turtles program" because I trade price action and thought this would be a good opportunity to get my foot in the door (in the city).

But from the comments, it sounds like Training Traders are a bit of a con. Would this be a fair statement?

Thanks

Hi,
I tried out for the Training Traders "new turtles program" because I trade price action and thought this would be a good opportunity to get my foot in the door (in the city).

But from the comments, it sounds like Training Traders are a bit of a con. Would this be a fair statement?

Thanks

The facts have been deleted from here several times but here's a short summary which may or may not last.

1. Mike Baghdady claimed to be World Trading Champion, he wasn't, in fact no championship exists.

2. He ran a tv advert where Ben Tuckey (his employee) pretended to be a hedge fund manager. Of course he's not and the fund mentioned does not even exist.

3. He filed for bankruptcy in the US and the documentation shows he makes no money from trading. They also show that he still owes money on student loans from 10 or 15 years ago.

There's more but I can't remember it all now.

Thank you pboyles for your reply I did not realize this. So do they make most of their income from teaching?

If so I wonder what will happen to their "new Turtles"?

Thanks

Well my ambition is to eventually work for an investmant bank, so I want to try and get in at the bottom and work my way up.

You'll want to remove any mention of Mike "They call me the MacDaddy" Baghdady from your CV.

Unless you actually want prospective employers to crap their bags laughing before tossing your application into the bin.

Thank you pboyles for your reply I did not realize this. So do they make most of their income from teaching?

Thanks

The document he submitted to the court showed the only income was from selling training courses. Regarding the turtles they will probably be kept on demo accounts, I think that was all a marketing exercise. I'm sure plenty of the people that didn't get on it bought courses from him.

Thanks

They will waste their time and be part of a marketing exercise to snag new mugs who have less brains and common sense in their heads than an ass has in its ass.

Pretty simple and obvious really.

If this was a marketing stunt to attract new customers, then in a business sense, they done a very clever tactic.

I feel happy that I didn't make the last 15! : )

So do they make most of their income from teaching?

I could post you the court documentation that shows exactly how much he claims to make from training, but previously when people have posted the same here, its been deleted within seconds.

The documents are still widely available on most of the other trading forums ( a google search will return exactly what you need)

Thank you the hare,
I have googled it and there seems to be quite a lot of information on this and most of it seems to be negative! lol

Thanks

For all of those reading this who want a job in the city trading.

You need one thing and one thing only.

TO GET ON A BANKING INTERNSHIP.

That requires:

Interview skills.
A degree (masters, phd preferably).

You will not get a job trading or anything close (in an investment bank) if you do not have the above.

Please note that there is no longer such a thing as "climbing the ladder". Whatever level you start at, you'll finish at.

Sorry for the bad news.

So in summary for your particular circumstances.

- Either go to Uni (top 5 institution only) and get internship or,
- Get a job doing something you enjoy and trade in your spare time.