indicators

tightwork88

Since I'm new to this Im looking for some good advice. What are the best indicators to look for to try and predict when a security is ready to move up or down. Im on Etrade and I think they have a lot of tools on there but outside of my broker account what other things do I need to look for as well as the indicators and charts. Thanks for the advice

Can you be more precise in what you want to know?
Thanks

Can you be more precise in what you want to know?
Thanks

I would like to know if you are looking at a particular stock what are some of the indicators you look for to determine if the stock will rise or fall. Im day trading and want to know some things that I should be on the lookout for

I would like to know if you are looking at a particular stock what are some of the indicators you look for to determine if the stock will rise or fall. Im day trading and want to know some things that I should be on the lookout for

For stocks I dont have any indicators but some people like the RSI indicator.
It is also worth seeing the volume that is going through as it "marks out" where people are interested.
Hope that helps.

Hi tightwork88,

I only use price (via candlesticks), volume, and a couple moving averages. I've found it's best to keep it as simple as possible. Although most platforms offer scores of indicators, they're all derived from price and volume. Why not go directly to the source?

If you clutter up your charts with a bunch of different indicators you will get conflicting signals and you probably won't develop enough confidence to consistently win.

Good luck to you!

Andrew

Indicators are not predictive. You are on entirely the wrong track if you believe they are.

Indicators are not predictive. You are on entirely the wrong track if you believe they are.

Indicators are not the tell-all of where the market will go, but they are definitely good references for predicting it. I guess it really depends on what indicators you use and how you use them though.

Last edited:
Some of those indicators are very laggy you can't depend on them all the time.I use support, resistance and trendlines.
But I still use some accesories like slow stochastics and MA's

Nothing is predictive in this game.

Better to look at degrees of probability in relation to price direction.

ie. how probable is it that price, which is now moving up ( or down ), will continue to move in that direction.

How you assess probability is down to your own personal methods and experience.

Since I'm new to this Im looking for some good advice. What are the best indicators to look for to try and predict when a security is ready to move up or down. Im on Etrade and I think they have a lot of tools on there but outside of my broker account what other things do I need to look for as well as the indicators and charts. Thanks for the advice

If you want to know in hindhisight whether a security will move up or down then forget ur indicators and concentrate on price, and you better be prepared for a lot of hard work and disappiontments..