Divergence Indicators

see chart below, gbpusd 1min.

Price rallies at 8635/40 area pre-uk retail sales data release after sell-off from 8700 area, the data better than expected see-ing an initial knee-jerk buy to re-test the 8700-10 resistance area (point Y) see-ing another rapid sell off to 8650 area (point Z) before a further rally just short of the previous immediate post data high at point X, effectively a LH on this t/f...price sells off from point X, before finding support at point B (previous resistance area point A...a previous swing hi on the next t/f.. 5min, although shown here on the 1min trigger) and at that point there is hiden divergence/band deviation and price action confirmation...but beware price effectively made a Lh at point X (on the next t/f although shown here on 1min trigger for ease) so that although it remains a hi-probability set-up caution should be excercised re any follow thru target,...as it turned out price made another lower high at 8695 and sold off again currently to 8646bid!

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
the 5min chart re the above is attached and you can see that the rally from point B (RBS re point A) failed now at the LH circled in red.

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 459
Hello!
This is what I took for a hidden divergence yesterday night and went short the eur/usd. Just to be saved by my stop. I hadn't waited for price confirmation, since it was bed time for me. Can you see another mistake ?

Yiehom

There wasn't a downtrend on the 1 hour chart nor was price action bearish.

HTH

Attachments

• EURUSD 200808 1hr.JPG
    EURUSD 200808 1hr.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 400
5min chart below shows a couple of decent divergence examples today in gbpusd.

Pairing followed overnight direction by selling sharply on realease of GDP data retracing from 8573 area to yesterday's low 8607 (support) that then acted as resistance (SBR) with a 5min hidden divergence shown with the green lines on chart below, selling down to the 8550 area potential support before regular immediate seperate valley bullish divergence indicated a buy from that area , shown with the red lines.

Oscillator divergence at pre-identified areas of supp/res/sbr/rbs= high probability trading opportunities.

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 462
One more divergence example today: price rallies to the 23.6% of the then down move from 8794 finding resistance, selling off to the potential support around 8550 again, at which level regular immediate bullish divergence patterns set-up to the 15min chart.

Shown are the 1min (trigger) and 5min (intermediate) chart set-ups incorporating the regular immediate bullish divergence.

Note how there is double and even treble divergence on the 5min and 1min oscillators respectively, this made it a potentially stronger divergence at support.

enough, lol.

edit: have added the 15min set-up at same area.

Attachments

• 1min rev c.gif
    1min rev c.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 5min rev a [ii].gif
    5min rev a [ii].gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 15min rev b.gif
    15min rev b.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Hi,
Every very new to FX, and i an looking for very good mt4-divergence and trendsignal indicators.
Please i crave your kindness.

Hi Grace,
I've got none of what you are looking for, I think I don't need either. If you are new to trading, may I advise you first learn how to spot and draw divergence and trend lines by yourself, as well as S/R. They work together.
Salute!

Here is the best of all the divergence finders - the divergence predictor.
George

Attachments

• Momentum DP.ex4
    11.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited: