Index Spread Betting

morning all

opened a long in DAX, tenner a point at 6014.

mental stop at -70, bit higher cause today is going to be very volatile.

perfect day for scalping, buying in a dip, no shorting, selling for few points , would end up with good profit.

i had connection problem yesterday, should have closed it with profit of over 500 pounds,
closed out at break even

Hey Top Trader, hows things going on your quest to increase your initial outlay? This financial market is prime for spread-betting at the moment.

been away for few days,,,, lucky to get a good gain,otherwise i would have closed it earlier.

just closed pru for lovely +1500
ipr for +143
and xta for +598.

need to read before any further trading, may not be today.

Is anyone looking at shorting the ftse this morning, seems as the dow didn't do too good and closed negative yesterday, almost guarenteed a drop in the first few minutes??

You've got a hint of the 'spanish's' about you! :) Do you just hold the positions until they come good?

Though, Being like him is not necessarily a bad thing. He seems to have made 800 pips on 'da oil' yesterday!

Well I am glad this just doesn't happen to me!
You can see that the OP was on a roll and didn't want to give back the profits, so decided to go past his stop. Now he's well past his stop, down over £1000 so he can't close it now.
I am sure this will come back into profit, but the danger of this, is that it reinforces bad behaviour. Next time a similar situation occurs, the temptation will be to hang on, rather than cut losses, also while your sat there concentrating on this coming back to break even, you are missing other opportunities.
There is also a danger that sooner or later - hopefully later - you will pick something that will continue going down, and you will be thinking, this will come back like last time, and it won't.

I am not trying to be critical TT, some of your picks are inspired and clearly you have a high win rate, but you need to be disciplined with your stops and take your losses, it's all part of the game.
Good Luck
Graham
Dax up 20 as I speak!

Good to see some posters, wel come

i am still long in DAX, NOT WORRIED.

in my other account i am still trading dax/dow , buying in a dip and selling for +20 points or so.
i have longs running in WTB,BP,AV. FROM YESTERDAY
opened a long in IPR at 345p.

Well I am glad this just doesn't happen to me!
You can see that the OP was on a roll and didn't want to give back the profits, so decided to go past his stop. Now he's well past his stop, down over £1000 so he can't close it now.
I am sure this will come back into profit, but the danger of this, is that it reinforces bad behaviour. Next time a similar situation occurs, the temptation will be to hang on, rather than cut losses, also while your sat there concentrating on this coming back to break even, you are missing other opportunities.
There is also a danger that sooner or later - hopefully later - you will pick something that will continue going down, and you will be thinking, this will come back like last time, and it won't.

I am not trying to be critical TT, some of your picks are inspired and clearly you have a high win rate, but you need to be disciplined with your stops and take your losses, it's all part of the game.
Good Luck
Graham
Dax up 20 as I speak!

thanks for your comments, noted.
i did have mental stop/loss at -60 but unlucky i decided to keep it open which didn't work in my favour. As account is running up at very high %age increase I can afford to take a risk which my not run in my favour.

in my other account i have few longs in DAX at much lower price ( which i trade with different style) they are in profit . result is i am breaking even in DAX at 6080, overall.