IG Index Thread

...there is nothing in your reply that changes my opinion.

Your view is / was not disputed as a partial explanation but you chose to label me somehow lacking in knowledge compared to you without foundation, that is what prompted my reply ok..

Your reply has done nothing to address my issue, only to clarify your own.. but I dont assume myself superior in knowledge to you based on that reply... my point? You should be careful how you express yourself, telling others they know less than you is not going to win you points or draw me favorably into your offerings is it? have some manners..

In essence what I say is that there is more to it than that.. simple...

err sorry if this is a bit serious but has anyone got a review of the IGs new PureDeal platform including (excuse my whilst I stop laughing) their price improvement feature - ok im skeptical and think this is just a marketing gimmick but keen to be proved wrong...?

err sorry if this is a bit serious but has anyone got a review of the IGs new PureDeal platform including (excuse my whilst I stop laughing) their price improvement feature - ok im skeptical and think this is just a marketing gimmick but keen to be proved wrong...?

Me too...IG try to violate my @rse at every opportunity. I can only imagine their so called price improvement is when they skew their prices...(ie most of the time & to suit themselves), there'll be some on one side of the trade that get a slightly improved price...it has always been the case,....but now it seems they'll tell those in that situation "hey, we improved your price by x points", whereas there'll likely be *more* on the other side of the trading fence who lose out , but I doubt very much that IG will say onscreen "we burgled your turd on that trade, punk".

Do they think people who use their platforms are stupid?!

it's akin to when you get foreign currency to go abroad & they shout "we buy your unused currency back off you for ZERO commision"...yeah right, you don't charge me any commision but your buy back exchange rate is enough to make me projectile vomit over your cubicle. Fcuk..ers

Last edited:
Yup agree with above sentiment. On a purely technical level, I can't believe they've releaed a new dealing platform as buggy as this. I sat with their IT person for 1 hour this morning, trying to get live prices displaying properly, only to leave the poor bu**er on hold for 30 mins while I went to have a shower and shave (he still hadn't worked out what the problem was by then).

I am using the PureDeal platform and I quite like it. When I first started to use it I had a problem with the watchlist prices not updating. This was temporarily solved by moving between the prices and watchlist window and then sorting the markets. That problem has been solved and it doesn't do that now so I assume that a proper fix has been introduced by IG Index. However...the support advice I received suggested that I needed to upgrade my Adobe Flash player [I didn't]

This week, I noted that there were no preferences to set - all I had was the set preferences button itself. The support staff suggested changing the Internet Explorer settings - when I did that my watchlist prices stopped updating. So I undid those changes and normal service was resumed. In short, I removed IG Index from the Security/Trusted Sites and I reset the Privacy/Advanced/Automatic cookie handling. I subsequently received an email from IG Index support stating that the reason there were no preferences to set was because of my account type.

Hope this helps, if not, good luck

Me too...IG try to violate my @rse at every opportunity. I can only imagine their so called price improvement is when they skew their prices...(ie most of the time & to suit themselves), there'll be some on one side of the trade that get a slightly improved price...it has always been the case,....but now it seems they'll tell those in that situation "hey, we improved your price by x points", whereas there'll likely be *more* on the other side of the trading fence who lose out , but I doubt very much that IG will say onscreen "we burgled your turd on that trade, punk".

Do they think people who use their platforms are stupid?!

it's akin to when you get foreign currency to go abroad & they shout "we buy your unused currency back off you for ZERO commision"...yeah right, you don't charge me any commision but your buy back exchange rate is enough to make me projectile vomit over your cubicle. Fcuk..ers

CMC do the same thing with their requotes - I have had requotes in my favour also. At least IG and CMC seem to execute; with Capital Spreads, when my account was put on dealer intervention I only got filled on trades which went against my position, but never got filled when the price had moved outside the spread in my favour. Of course, this wouldn't have been the case had they left me on autofill and not switched me to dealers at their busiest time.

As for IGs price improvement - I suppose it is better than being filled at the original price. I would advise SB punters to always have another price feed up just in case the SB firm in question is biasing the quote. I am not too sure if firms actually do this or not, but sometimes I've noticed that the spread can move up or down around the true market mid price (or average bid/offer). This observation is subjective, and I've never bothered to measure it, but suffice to say if you watch the exchange book at the same time, or even another SB quote, you will be further ahead if they try and pull funny business with the quote - if you see that then don't trade until they quote a fair market.

Regarding currency transactions - it is amusing how trading makes you see the world differently. I walked into a major high street bank a few weeks ago and was momentarily struck dumb when I noticed their quote for GBPJPY - 234/255! This was for amounts up to £10k, and didn't include commissions. I can't believe the audacity of a bank both charging commissions and making a market wide enough to sail the Fleet through.

Whilst IG Index is my main platform I do not trade frequently but I have not noticed any trades yet that have had a "price improvement". However, to be honest, I am quite satisfied with the service as every price I have dealt at has been done and I cannot recall any instance of slippage. [I do not trade news or try to scalp so that undoubtedly helps]

The old platform used to freeze on my PC. I did a lot of FTSE scalping and can't afford freezes! The new non-Java platform has been more reliable, so I can continue to trade. I notice the graphs (still Java) freeze and disconnect occasionally.

The old platform used to freeze on my PC. I did a lot of FTSE scalping and can't afford freezes! The new non-Java platform has been more reliable, so I can continue to trade. I notice the graphs (still Java) freeze and disconnect occasionally.

Yes I used to have terrible problems with my IG platform - esp as I maintain lots of positions. I couldn't run it at all in firefox - it froze as soon as I entered a trade, sometimes before. The new platform is much better, I particularly like how you can keep positions separate or aggregated and as a consequence I've transfered more of my trading to this account.

Placed a v. small "IF Done" order which was filled at the order price. Strangely, the price was oscillating under and over for about 10+seconds prior to the order disappearing from the "Orders to Open" window which was a bit disconcerting.

Closed position at Market. Filled within seconds once I clicked "OK" button.

CAN THEY DO IT?????

I traded Options on the IG PLATFORm, and the prices were available all day, obviously it looked cheap, so I bought it. Later on the markets started to move and the put prices shot up

I was in a big profit, did not close the position, however 4 hours after i had opened th eposition, IG Cancelled it saying that the prices quoted for my ENTRY were wrong due to a feed problem, so I lost out completely!!!

Can they do it?? Can they cancel a trade because they feel that the price quoted was wrong?
Do I have rights?
Can I take it up with FSA???
Has anyone experienced this??

It has happened to me 3 times in past 12 months, but i chose to trade with IG as It has good products and good service. But pissed of with this

What you think?

Marwan

The question is: Were prices at the time you entered your trade so far off the real market that it makes your entry price seem unreasonable? Because you dont give any details of this, it is not easy to judge.

CAN THEY DO IT?????

I traded Options on the IG PLATFORm, and the prices were available all day, obviously it looked cheap, so I bought it. Later on the markets started to move and the put prices shot up

I was in a big profit, did not close the position, however 4 hours after i had opened th eposition, IG Cancelled it saying that the prices quoted for my ENTRY were wrong due to a feed problem, so I lost out completely!!!

Can they do it?? Can they cancel a trade because they feel that the price quoted was wrong?
Do I have rights?
Can I take it up with FSA???
Has anyone experienced this??

It has happened to me 3 times in past 12 months, but i chose to trade with IG as It has good products and good service. But pissed of with this

What you think?

Pull up an hourly on most of the major options, and you will see spiking all over the place. There is obviously something wrong with the way they calculate an option price in real time, and it appears that since the option deals don't go through a dealer they may let you trade on bad prices. Obviously they will be aware of the problem and will be trying to both fix the issue and correct client accounts who traded on the incorrect price.

You do have rights, you can take it up with Compliance, the FSO, and if their contract terms which allow them to do this seem unfair to you, you can complain to the FSA. Try to resolve the issue with the firm in question first though.

Marwan

The question is: Were prices at the time you entered your trade so far off the real market that it makes your entry price seem unreasonable? Because you dont give any details of this, it is not easy to judge.

Hi Pipstart, Yes the price did appear "cheap" and often I am on a lookout of a high delta and the lowest possible time value, and often I am able to pick this great opportunity during low volatility or off course an "error" by the broker. In this case, yes it does appear an error, but it happens all the time with the brokers!

it is a case of one going to the shop and they got a wrong price, you BUY, but then after few hours can the seller come back to you and say "sorry" I sold you at a wrong price.

Yep have taken it up with IG, and they sorry it was wrong price! so the trade is void.

I hate it, but have to admit to once receiving an improved price :eek: I was so shocked I missed my re-entry :LOL: :LOL:

The platform is complete pants, it server errors ! are up daily , charts are good but go lumpy at the 1st hint of price picking up. If the platform server error turns up thats it, whole internet connection gone together with router that requires a re-set :devilish: :devilish:

set it on 1 click dealing if your very brave, touched it once and lot froze.

many complaints, done all the fixs etc . high end pc still no good.

If this was a EA game they would have to recall it, ye you can run the old platform but thats as bad to since they brought the new one out.

ACCOUNT CLOSED :!:

would"nt play for a £1 a point on it, oh sorry they won"t let you anyway on the FTSE. they are saving up so they can have another go at a new improved platform in 6 months time.