ig index -cfd's

jim andrew

Hi Folks,

I'm new here and just wanted to ask anyone got any opinions/experience of the following -

I'm trying to decide whether to open an account with igindex to trade cfd's. they seems v. professional, seminars etc I wrote to their customer service but didn't get an answer - bad sign or not important?

thanks in advance

Jim(y)

Hi Folks,

I'm new here and just wanted to ask anyone got any opinions/experience of the following -

I'm trying to decide whether to open an account with igindex to trade cfd's. they seems v. professional, seminars etc I wrote to their customer service but didn't get an answer - bad sign or not important?

thanks in advance

Jim(y)

I don't think you can trade CFD's with igindex because it is a S/B company. You can only trade CFD's via their other company igmarkets CFDs | CFD Share Trading | CFD Trading | IG Markets

I use them, no problems.

What products are you looking to trade? IG is good for some, not so good for others. Looking to start small size?

thanks

Hi,

thanks for the replies. If I explain my situation maybe someone can advise. I'm a UK citizen who lives in Italy. I applied to igindex in the Uk for an account to spread bet but they said as I'm not resident in the UK they couldn't open my account there. they recommended two things - 1) cfd's 2) register with their milan igmarkets office.

Just trying to do some homework before deciding.

Thanks

JIm(y)

I'm pretty sure that there'd be no advantage to you opening a spread betting account it rather than a CFD one if you're tax resident in Italy. I belive that financial spread betting is treated the same way as CFDs in most of Europe.

If you want to open a CFD account with IG, you can open one in Italy and still use their platform in whichever language you like. It's the same company as the UK. Alternatively, if a fairly local office isn't important CMC would love to open an account for you, and wouldn't worry that you're in Italy.

Thanks,

Interesting, CMC are based in Edinburgh too (I'm from Glasgow but I won't hold that against them!). I'll get in touch with them.

Do you have any experience of dealing with them?

Thanks

Jim(y)

I'm pretty sure that there'd be no advantage to you opening a spread betting account it rather than a CFD one if you're tax resident in Italy. I belive that financial spread betting is treated the same way as CFDs in most of Europe.

If you want to open a CFD account with IG, you can open one in Italy and still use their platform in whichever language you like. It's the same company as the UK. Alternatively, if a fairly local office isn't important CMC would love to open an account for you, and wouldn't worry that you're in Italy.