If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you know where the ignore button is. As for Socrates, I am familiar with some of his teachings, and if you had taken some time to open a few pages now and again, then you will know that even though he knew nothing, and actually believed it, he helped many understand the real meaning of learning.

So, there is no beef and T2W has attracted another egotistical fool. Sad. Having worked my way through this thread I now recall why I stopped reading or posting here last time. The internet does seem the perfect place for these folk and T2W seems to be a warm place for them to settle a while.

Let me offer one prediction for the day - the expert (lol) will deliver no beef.

So, there is no beef and T2W has attracted another egotistical fool. Sad. Having worked my way through this thread I now recall why I stopped reading or posting here last time. The internet does seem the perfect place for these folk and T2W seems to be a warm place for them to settle a while.

Let me offer one prediction for the day - the expert (lol) will deliver no beef.

A legendary member indeed. I take it that your name was as a result of your trading efforts, i.e, nine out of ten being losers.

You must be the one who keeps mentioning this "beef".

Well, 9 out of 10 wrong, I am only serving up Filet Mignon, but we have not been able to serve the starter yet, which, is due to the many idiots like you who keep interrupting.

I am sure you know where the ignore button is. As for Socrates, I am familiar with some of his teachings, and if you had taken some time to open a few pages now and again, then you will know that even though he knew nothing, and actually believed it, he helped many understand the real meaning of learning.

Its not just that you are familiar with some of his teachings, rather that you have poorly copied his style, language and phrases...almost verbatim..and then to say that he knew nothing and yet helped you understand the real meaning of learning is actually very funny..

At least Socrates had some interesting things to say and was entertaining..

The internet is full of wannabe gurus professing to have some insight or hidden knowledge...must be some form of psychological complex even apart from the commercial aspect....

Actually the more I think about it maybe you're a wind up merchant.....if so then its funny stuff....well are you ?

Posted by BSD: Is this guy Socrates resurrected ?

Not at all in my view as the style is totally different. Also some of Socrates associates such as ccclarette658 and (if I remember correctly), possibly Zupcon have said that he will never post again on T2W.

Posted by barjon: it seems to me that when traders enter a trade they are "taking a view" on the future direction of price across the timescale they favour

Not necessarily in my view.

Posted by temporarilylight: Id definitely call grey a technical trader tho, DT

He was but not in any way that can be classed as classic RTA that is being referred to here. In my view Grey1 was the best "technical trader" I have witnessed but his methods were very advanced and not easy to understand.

I've seen him take a gazzillion trades where all he did was enter on the basis of his MACCI - CCI with a moving average - aligning on multiple time frames.

My experience of his trades were much more complex than this. He did on occasion do as you say but it was not his main approach to trading. He had a highly complex cycle analysis study that he revealed very little about. When he was posting his P&L for all those weeks everyday and was making between $2K and $10K a day it was this he was using on a basket of stocks. Some would lose as much as $2K but the overall basket almost always made impressively large profits.

Paul

This post is for aspiring traders, as I know how frustrated you feel when you see such interruptions and nonsensical posts.

The Expert is an expert at daytrading US stocks, and also trades other markets, details of which will not be mentioned on this site.

What is an expert you say?

An expert is one who excels at what they do, takes great pride in knowing that what they have learned is not widely known, and thus, is in a privileged position to help others as they see fit. which, in my case, is, I am willing to help those who are willing to help themselves, and others.

How did I get to be an expert?

Simple, I listened to what the few experts were saying and worked out what they really meant.

there is a difference between an expert and a self proclaimed expert , even you should know that!

I've re-read some of the posts again and i think i get it now!! I think i can trade profitably now.
I think im gonna attempt to post my trades live. I might start a new thread tomorrow for the experiment.
Thanks for the wisdom.

Not at all in my view as the style is totally different. Also some of Socrates associates such as ccclarette658 and (if I remember correctly), possibly Zupcon have said that he will never post again on T2W.

Not necessarily in my view.

He was but not in any way that can be classed as classic RTA that is being referred to here. In my view Grey1 was the best "technical trader" I have witnessed but his methods were very advanced and not easy to understand.

My experience of his trades were much more complex than this. He did on occasion do as you say but it was not his main approach to trading. He had a highly complex cycle analysis study that he revealed very little about. When he was posting his P&L for all those weeks everyday and was making between $2K and $10K a day it was this he was using on a basket of stocks. Some would lose as much as $2K but the overall basket almost always made impressively large profits.

Paul

Paul, I do not usually comment on other good traders, but I think in this case it is warranted.

i have heard of Grey1 and his IB screen shots showing multiple positions. If my memory serves me correct from what i heard, and you can correct me if I am wrong, his approach was based on basket trading US stocks using the VWAP as a major indicator, along with other indicators, and, during the day the position sizes were automatically adjusted depending on the fine tuning of the indicators.

Please correct me before I move on.

Paul, I do not usually comment on other good traders, but I think in this case it is warranted.

i have heard of Grey1 and his IB screen shots showing multiple positions. If my memory serves me correct from what i heard, and you can correct me if I am wrong, his approach was based on basket trading US stocks using the VWAP as a major indicator, along with other indicators, and, during the day the position sizes were automatically adjusted depending on the fine tuning of the indicators.

Please correct me before I move on.

Sounds about right. You've certainly got the correct guy. Position size was based on average range of the stock I believe.
He was consistently brilliant.

Grey is an actual expert..as in....lots of other people would agree with that statement.
Used a fair bit of TA too :)

Basically correct other than the reference to VWAP. He did use VWAP around 6 to 7 years ago but moved away from it. What he was using when he posted all of those trades was something else although he did call it his "vwap indicator" what we do know is that it was something much more than that and didn't actually include "volume weighted average price". I never really understood why he called it something that is wasn't and maybe it was just the latest iteration of what he had been working on.

Paul

Basically correct other than the reference to VWAP. He did use VWAP around 6 to 7 years ago but moved away from it. What he was using when he posted all of those trades was something else although he did call it his "vwap indicator" what we do know is that it was something much more than that and didn't actually include "volume weighted average price". I never really understood why he called it something that is wasn't and maybe it was just the latest iteration of what he had been working on.

Paul

Thank You for clearing that up.

Now, I have a very simple question for all, in relation to what has been explained.

Based on what we have heard about Grey1's approach, style, system, call it what you like, what do think he was actually doing in relative terms, apart from the obvious which has been stated.

This is very important, as if you understand what he was actually doing, then you will know why it is not suited for most, and why very few, if any, have been able to replecate what Grey1 was actually doing.

so who are you "the expert?" you seem to know of alot about the history and members of this fourm

Here's what ive got from the posts of yours that i've read:
*Some stocks have big ranges. Trade them stocks
*To make money in the markets and be a trader you have to decide that you really want to make money and be a trader!! (this ones my favourite :))
*TA is useless
*Before buying a new laptop computer, make sure you find out about the spec and the hardware

Here's what I got from the posts:

attachment.php

Column K is the price move from open to close, obviously evaluated at end of day. Column L is derived at the open. Note how DOWNs tend to lead to price increades and UPs tend to lead to price decreases.

Of course, there is more to information to hand but the key to this, was in the thread. I am not trading this now but already I am making some sublte changes to what I include in my watch list pre-market. I will post updates as I progress.

Attachments

• Anomaly.jpg
    Anomaly.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 755
Status
Not open for further replies.