If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from myslef, I know of no others.

And the names of the people you know are?

err tons, have a look on amazon and ask yourself does said person need the money from book sales?

apart from yourself? wow high opinion...

are you claiming that people dont like to educate others and pass on knowledge?

most influential books i have read are all of George Sorros, think he needs the revenue from books sales? er no.

Do us all a favour and stop pretending your a Socrates type guru...frankly its getting irritating at this stage...so give us a break and stop clogging up the forum with this horseshyte...

I am sure you know where the ignore button is. As for Socrates, I am familiar with some of his teachings, and if you had taken some time to open a few pages now and again, then you will know that even though he knew nothing, and actually believed it, he helped many understand the real meaning of learning.

Let me continue with some words of wisdom for the few aspiring traders out there.

Trading is all about making money, not giving your money away to idiots who will gladly take it from you.

If, you really want to succeed at trading, then you must make a conscious decision that this is EXACTLY what you want. Now, I am not suggesting that you start reading up on the subconscious crap, or any of that mumbo jumbo stuff, but I am suggesting that you make a decision, you are either going to be a trader, or you are not going to be a trader.

Being a trader, does not mean you have to trade each and every day, and as a matter of fact, when you become a successful trader, you can just trade when and as you like.

But, you must first have what it takes to make that very important decision, and I am now telling you, you will not make that decision by reading the likes of Soros’ books, or any other rubbish like that.

If, by some chance, you have what it takes and actually make the decision, you will not need to be told what you need to do, for it will come naturally to you and before long you will find yourself associating with the right people who can assist you in becoming the trader that you know you are.

Odds are the majority think that this is all rubbish, some things will never change.

Now, to get back on track, as this thread is about RTA and how it is of no real value to you as a successful trader.

If I remember correctly, I asked a few questions not too long ago, and only one member replied to one of them. I think it was Splitlink, and I will now look it up and reply to his post.

Funny how most here complain I do not post the “beef”, yet very few are willing to reply to questions that I post. This can only mean one thing.

ok we have established people who write books and educate only do it for the money. you are not here to make friends. which begs the question, why are you trying to educate people? well you answered that one earlier, how much for your system? :D

Let's get clear about me. Ihat level of income is hypothetical.

I trade mornings only and try to get the high or low for the morning and ride it for as long as I can. If it is getting near lunchtime when I close I do not reenter. I rarely leave in the afternoons with a trade open with a stop on it but, sometimes, I do. I am an amateur and do take money out of the account for birthdays, holidays, etc. I use TA because I can't visualise, correctly, what is going on without it but, like you, I have very real suspicions about all drawn lines and averages and think that they are BS. I keep my textbooks to a minimum.

IMO the fewer trades, the better so (2) is my preference. However, getting that high/low is not achievable, all the time, by me, in one trade, which results in losses. Some mornings I miss it and do not trade at all.

In all politeness, I say to you that I do not like people asking too much about my method of trading, or criticising, because it might cause me to change course. I have a style that suits me and am happy with it, although other systems do get my interest from time to time.

As a trend follower I used to use averages and trendlines for entry but no longer. You are being lead, or told, what to do and it is far better to use one's own point of entry based on your own assessment. I do use the bars, though so am a TA user.

My question was as follows.

Which of the following is best?

1) Do 4 to 6 trades in 1 day and make $2,000

2) Do 1 trade in 30 to 60 min and make $2,000

Firstly, you must not let anyone else influence your decision making process, unless of course it is for the better, which you are the only one who can decide on same by your actions.

Secondly, one should always strive to be better than one is, but it must be within reason and ability.

Thirdly, number 2) above is only the best option if you can repeat it each and every day, otherwise 1) will probably be the best, as you have a far better chance of making the $2,000 with 4 different options, as opposed to 1 option.

What will ultimately determine 1) or 2), will be what you know about trading, and, as per the title of the thread, RTA will not make 2) daily a reality for anyone.

Let's get clear about me. Ihat level of income is hypothetical.

I trade mornings only and try to get the high or low for the morning and ride it for as long as I can. If it is getting near lunchtime when I close I do not reenter. I rarely leave in the afternoons with a trade open with a stop on it but, sometimes, I do. I am an amateur and do take money out of the account for birthdays, holidays, etc. I use TA because I can't visualise, correctly, what is going on without it but, like you, I have very real suspicions about all drawn lines and averages and think that they are BS. I keep my textbooks to a minimum.

IMO the fewer trades, the better so (2) is my preference. However, getting that high/low is not achievable, all the time, by me, in one trade, which results in losses. Some mornings I miss it and do not trade at all.

In all politeness, I say to you that I do not like people asking too much about my method of trading, or criticising, because it might cause me to change course. I have a style that suits me and am happy with it, although other systems do get my interest from time to time.

As a trend follower I used to use averages and trendlines for entry but no longer. You are being lead, or told, what to do and it is far better to use one's own point of entry based on your own assessment. I do use the bars, though so am a TA user.

ok we have established people who write books and educate only do it for the money. you are not here to make friends. which begs the question, why are you trying to educate people? well you answered that one earlier, how much for your system? :D

In case you have not seen my words before, which I will now repeat again for you, I will only help those who are willing to help themselves, and others.

So far, I see but 1 possibility.

Maybe a few live trades?....

Do not fret, for when I return to the trading section there will be actual trades at a later date, but for now, we are a good bit away from that, as I have had to revert to the very simple basics to try and get some people to understand what trading is really all about.

With respect, you are doing a God aweful job of it thus far.

Sorry, but I can not make it any simpler than what I am doing. It is not my fault if most here are blind to what is actually required, and, to make it worse, they mention things like market wizards, books, this fellow and that fellow, and so on and so forth.

To an astute observer, it is like kinder garden all over again.

Come on guys,
It's all just a big joke for "the expert".

1., He is from Burkina Faso, "the land of upright people"..... ha, good one.

2., All of his posts say absolutely nothing, it's like the drivel you read in horoscopes.

3., He should be ashamed of his "bar charts". I have seen better presentations from 5 year olds.

4., He has clearly never worked in a financial environment nor made any money trading, just read properly a couple of his opening posts.

Anyway. Enough.

I will now have to ask the Mod to warn those who are starting to interrupt this thread with silly links to stupid videos, and what ever else might come.

If you guys want to post rubbish then please do so elsewhere.

Ok, enough tit for tat for now, but it is warranted at times, when required.

As mentioned, for those who so wish, you can still reply to my earlier questions if you have something to ask about trading, otherwise I am content to sit back and wait until we get 1 or 2 that actually know what they want.

The_Expert is...well....he's the expert! Would be silly to ignore an expert.
TE. Are you here to simply spread the word that TA is useless? That appears to be the only thing that people can agree on, when it comes to trying to decipher your posts. If so, then that's cool. We cant all share the same opinion.

Are you here to actually teach people an alternative? If so, would you agree that you are possibly the worst 'teacher' in history? You dont appear to hafve really 'said' anything. As one poster pointed out, there is a certain 'horoscope' vibe to your ramblings.

Here's what ive got from the posts of yours that i've read:
*Some stocks have big ranges. Trade them stocks
*To make money in the markets and be a trader you have to decide that you really want to make money and be a trader!! (this ones my favourite :))
*TA is useless
*Before buying a new laptop computer, make sure you find out about the spec and the hardware

Maybe other users can add what they've learnt and we'll have an always updating learning resouce than new readers can refer too? Then we can recap each night in between browing expensive holidays online.

I love you, TE.

The_Expert is...well....he's the expert! Would be silly to ignore an expert.
TE. Are you here to simply spread the word that TA is useless? That appears to be the only thing that people can agree on, when it comes to trying to decipher your posts. If so, then that's cool. We cant all share the same opinion.

Are you here to actually teach people an alternative? If so, would you agree that you are possibly the worst 'teacher' in history? You dont appear to hafve really 'said' anything. As one poster pointed out, there is a certain 'horoscope' vibe to your ramblings.

Here's what ive got from the posts of yours that i've read:
*Some stocks have big ranges. Trade them stocks
*To make money in the markets and be a trader you have to decide that you really want to make money and be a trader!! (this ones my favourite :))
*TA is useless
*Before buying a new laptop computer, make sure you find out about the spec and the hardware

Maybe other users can add what they've learnt and we'll have an always updating learning resouce than new readers can refer too? Then we can recap each night in between browing expensive holidays online.

I love you, TE.

I am only interested in helping those who are willing to help themselves, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.