I want volume (spot vs futures)

fwiw, i used both futures vol and oi for currency futures, the assumption being they are correlated to the spot.....your right re spot leads

Hi all, there is a company in the UK which is claiming that there are two charting services which support activity data in the fx market, where you can display FX volume on your charts (not individual FX broker volume) dont ask me how it works, but it could be useful for some traders. Not sure if I can mention companies but the website is clickevents.co.uk. I have not personally ordered the information or been on there course, as I use a FX software that only works with Ensign data. But it looks interesting, if I wasnt tied to Ensign I would look into it more.

sweepylongbananafiend : If you want to make position trades over time then I wouldn't worry about your volume as much as trading during low liquidity periods, such as Bank Holidays, August, last two weeks of Decemeber, and First two weeks of January.

I wouldn't worry too much about volume. It will be a double edged sword, not a magic cure that removes your remaining % of losers, because, as has been said, volume alone would not allow you to trade 100% winners. Sure, sometimes it will help you make a winning trade/avoid a losing trade, based on your current set-up. But also, it could well end up making you reject some trades that then become winners.

As for CME futures forex, there are only a ltd number of pairs to trade.
CME Foreign Exchange Products

Last edited: