I want to quit my job so I can stare at blinking numbers every day

Hi,

Would appreciate some thoughts on my life:

Just turned 24 years old, work in London, square mile, earn $80k/year - but the work means nothing to me. That said, I can't think of an alternative career or business idea to pursue. I strongly feel that I am sleep walking through life towards death. I work quite a lot of hours each week and I find it difficult to form any social life as result. By London standards my hours are probably a couple of notches above average - the world has lost work/life balance in my opinion (I digress).

I am single, no kids, no wife, no responsibilities except to myself and so financially I feel quite rich - but what is the point in this existence I ask myself? I can hardly take it any more.

I am compelled to quit my job so that I can sit at home from 7am - 11:30am every day staring at, specifically, the orderbook and T&S for eurostoxx 50. No charts. No fundamental knowledge. Never trading economic numbers.

I would like to do this for 12 months, using the ninja trader simulator, possibly making no trades whatsoever during that time. If at the end of 12 months I have convinced myself that I can successfully scalp the market, I will start putting money at stake (velocity futures, 1.48EUR round turn commissions all in w/ X-trader, if I understand correctly, which is the best I've seen).

Otherwise, I will give up on the dream.

So what do I do after 11:30am? My intention was to work behind a local bar, helping to pay for living costs and simultaneously placing myself in a more social setting.

This isn't the first time I've sought a second opinion - it's such a big decision though that I'll take all the thoughts I can get.

Much appreciated for anyone who has the time to read and respond

This post is feckin ttis. Earn 80k a year and can't pay the bills? If you want to earn more than that trading you will need at least a million to keep yer risk management under control. The best bet if you want to "live the dream" is to do a course with Winters or Secker , perhaps that stupid Irish twonk McGovern will be able to help you. Following this route, you will only have to work say 1 hr per day then you will find your dreams altering as your account gets wiped out.

So what do I do after 11:30am? My intention was to work behind a local bar, helping to pay for living costs and simultaneously placing myself in a more social setting.

I can assure you if you think you are going to supplement yer income in terms of living expenses then you are not going to do it behind a bar. I think you are just a bit of a sad loner who needs some company of the female sort. I wish I could help you by posting some links but I did that before and got banned from the site.
:cool:

If you hate your job and are going to quite anyway, then why not trade while working. You might get fired...but at least until you get caught you can make some money for backup.

Trust me when i say this...if you trade for a living, and you have no other source of income, you will find out just how hard it really is. Your mind will play tricks on you, no matter if you think it will or not....it most certainly will. Put yourself in a position where if you lose $50k in a year, you will not be hurt. And make sure you can live comfortable enough to where if you lose that $50k, then your lifestyle doesn't change. If you can do that, and stay calm while trading I think you can learn a lot. But our education as traders end up costing us as much as a doctors education....just that we learn from experience and our money going to other professional traders :) The best learning experience is on your own with real money. In simulated....everyone is a millionaire...just remember that.

It does not have to be like that. :cool:

Pointlessly subjective old boy. Perhaps you had better visit someone.
Nothing is pointless purely for being subjective.

And as you've already responded to my comment (yesterday) you've done a rather better job at defining pointless quite by accident.

Perhaps I'll visit you and point out the error of your ways?

Nothing is pointless purely for being subjective.

And as you've already responded to my comment (yesterday) you've done a rather better job at defining pointless quite by accident.

Perhaps I'll visit you and point out the error of your ways?
Even more pointless old boy, I live in Belfast area:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll collet yer from the airport and take yer to rathcoole. My mate the kneecap_crusher also posts on this forum before he was exiled.

i already quit job...now focusing forex especially fibonacci....is there any experienced fibonacci trader from UK? i wanted to migrate there....please PM me