I use Ninja trader to trade fut and eq - what broker

lacloudchaser

Hello,

The goal is to keep one account to maximize leverage for both futures and equity trading. How many brokers provide good data feeds, fast executions for equities and futures? Seems like very few (IB?).

I use Ninja trader currently, I dont use the brokers, so that issue is off the table as a deciding factor generally. I currently have ameritrade for the past year of paper trading and have recently gone live, but commissions seem high for day trading (negot. them to $7.00 due to trade activity). I trade 100 to 1000 share blocks in eq.

Looking at IB, but old and some new responses / posts say they have three major weaknesses, feel free to comment:

1. Tick data feed is poor (does this apply to equity data feeds or just futures data?)
2. System goes down (apparently more often than others?)??
3. Poor phone support may leave you hanging in reference to an open position #2 (I leave no naked positions, but certainly you may lose any unrealized profit if you cant exit.

Ameritrade is buying think or swim, thus solving my issue for a single account "multibrokerr", but Im not sold without hearing from users of that fut broker.

Any recommendation from the pros and full time traders on where I should go for a platform for the data, speed, low fees/commissions would be helpul, open fire!

Drew