I like 'em tight

As time goes on, tight stops get triggered less and less. Especially if you trade the same instruments and get to know them. I'm a person of habit and do not change my few favourites, much.

Split

Do I take it then that if I have taken up a bullish position too early and find myself in a heavy period where volatility may be high and its all gone bearish and quite messy that its better to withdraw and wait until I can see the situation more clearly.Basically look before you leap:eek:

Yes, get in it goes wrong get out, wait for it to do what you expect then ge back in.

Yes, get in it goes wrong get out, wait for it to do what you expect then ge back in.

Thanks for the advice Foredog,I would imagine with a firmer grasp of the basics and with dogged determination and persistance I should end up on top in the long run.:clap:

I have a friend who likes to get in long quickly and use timing to pull out just before the high. However he doesn't use any protection which probably means he'll end up paying for his mistake for years to come when it happens.

I think protection is a key issue,do you keep all your eggs in one basket and stick to a safe haven as opposed to spreading it over several types of instrument.Or do you up the risk/reward ratio and dabble in a bit of forex before entering a more exotic play???

I think protection is a key issue,do you keep all your eggs in one basket and stick to a safe haven as opposed to spreading it over several types of instrument.Or do you up the risk/reward ratio and dabble in a bit of forex before entering a more exotic play???

Depends on how young and hungry you are! :D

I'm quite happy dabbling with two instruments, one Footsie an the other Euro/GBP. If I get interested by someone's post, on this site, I might stray there, but all I really need is on these two instuments.

Split

Last edited: