i believe most of them are crap. if they actually believed in their system they wo

This link is about patterns. I thought you were a mechanical/systematic trader. Or do you use patterns for those years when you can't get data, like 2008 and 2009?

Can I ask why you feel the need to spread your "knowledge" when you know absolutely nothing at all?

If the rest of you can do it with crap and charge for crap trading skills and methods ,I might as well join in with some decent stuff .

I honestly don't know about this.

Imagine you are doing as you put it and you can make £10,000 per month consistently from your trading. That's success right there.

Now imagine you can get just 250 subscribers paying you £199 per month to learn how to do what you do. That's £49,750 per month. And that's also success right there.

Trading is about using your skill and knowledge of the markets to make more money. With that in mind, why on earth would you not teach instead?

That is without even mentioning a few important considerations:

1. You can compound your trading: as your account increases you can make more than say 10k per month. But this is much the same with teaching. As word of mouth spreads, so you can get more clients.

2. Trading has much more risk than teaching.

3. If you swing or position trade you can trade whilst you teach.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Mind you I don't have a business teaching.

So who's the mug here?

My point about 2 years ago on this very website.

What am I charging people for?

I should have stated , if some of you are charging for crap.The thread is to improve my knowledge of manual trading , the sort of set ups I should be trading for manual trading.My manual trading is different from the mechanical trading.

If you have a separate thread with quality stuff , a trader like myself can refer to it .

O D T

Like my technique? Less work. Much easier eh.

Oh and because I'd like to share it with you folks, check out this video for yourself.
http://www.screencast.com/users/Fut...os/media/e74e7fee-97fa-4cfc-817d-dfd7ea69021f

I saw the video .I wish I hadn't.

Ask the mentor to teach us random percentages instead of fib numbers or even 30,50,70 , we might be better off a traders.:LOL:

Instead of looking at spoofing and illusions on order book, try heads or tails and traders could be better off.

Stop loss of 10 or less on crude, name us a charity to give our money to instead of the market.Suicide pills are cheaper than 10 pips stops on oil.

I got bored half way through the video.Is he a prop trader?:LOL:

Oilday... Did the crude screw you this morning or something? Must be why you are so snarky.

I had a great time trading the crude today. I took advantage of the big drop at around 10am est and netted some good dollars. And of course I can attribute my success to what I've learned about reading the charts. I'm sure that if I came on here as a total newbie and tried reading through these worded threads that I'd have given up trading all together.

As to the Aristotle, Shakespear references (sorry, short term memory) I understand what you are getting at. I haven't been on the earth long enough to spend time reading up on famous philosiphers and writers. I do respect them, but I don't see a place for them in a trading forum. Or any forum for that matter.

Trading is a numbers game, not a library.

I don't mean any foul on anyone, I'd just like to spread the word. You guys can continue to be skeptical, but you are robbing yourselves of your own ability to expand your mind. This isn't the be all end all. It's another tool to add to your trading techniques.

One of the past students trades CL only. Has taken what he's learned from Simon over the years and applied it to his own needs. He's formed his own technique that is highly aided by what he's learned.

If anyone is interested in coming to see the webinar, please let me know as I need numbers. It's being put on mostly for customers of a broker, but I can manage to get some people in to check it out.

I'll repeat that I have no beef with anyone here. Not trying to knock anyone, or provide a crappy service. So I'd kind of appreciate some respect and maybe a little more open mindedness instead of acting like high school students.

Thank you, and sorry if I've offended.

Oilday... Did the crude screw you this morning or something? Must be why you are so snarky.

I had a great time trading the crude today. I took advantage of the big drop at around 10am est and netted some good dollars. And of course I can attribute my success to what I've learned about reading the charts. I'm sure that if I came on here as a total newbie and tried reading through these worded threads that I'd have given up trading all together.

As to the Aristotle, Shakespear references (sorry, short term memory) I understand what you are getting at. I haven't been on the earth long enough to spend time reading up on famous philosiphers and writers. I do respect them, but I don't see a place for them in a trading forum. Or any forum for that matter.

Trading is a numbers game, not a library.

I don't mean any foul on anyone, I'd just like to spread the word. You guys can continue to be skeptical, but you are robbing yourselves of your own ability to expand your mind. This isn't the be all end all. It's another tool to add to your trading techniques.

One of the past students trades CL only. Has taken what he's learned from Simon over the years and applied it to his own needs. He's formed his own technique that is highly aided by what he's learned.

If anyone is interested in coming to see the webinar, please let me know as I need numbers. It's being put on mostly for customers of a broker, but I can manage to get some people in to check it out.

I'll repeat that I have no beef with anyone here. Not trying to knock anyone, or provide a crappy service. So I'd kind of appreciate some respect and maybe a little more open mindedness instead of acting like high school students.

Thank you, and sorry if I've offended.

Fair enough - I'm one of the ones that likes a bit of a ding-dong anyway, so I'm never offended by other people's views. I quite welcome an internet argument :).

Actually though, for some of the psycological aspects outside sources can be very useful. Try googling Theodore Dalrymple - nothing to do with trading, but I've found it helpful nonetheless. He's very good on personal responsibility and self-discipline, which is a big part of trading, at least for me.

Like my technique? Less work. Much easier eh.

Not especially. So just let's give you the benefit of the doubt over "spencer", i.e. that he was not just some foil, or rather another userid you created to kick off this thread and give you a chance to advertise; let's move on to you. You joined in Feb this year, and made a nice intro post in the appropriate thread. Fine. However, in your first substantive post, in April, you were plugging
(with a link) Simon's site, in which you have a commercial interest. You called yourself his partner didn't you? Mods will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is contrary to the rules of T2W isn't it, and people have been banned or at least warned for this sort of thing.

So (as you say also on another thread), you are just demo-ing, so you have not made any money actually trading (as opposed to promoting) Simon's trading education.
But you told us that it works! Wrong! Just because it worked in demo does not mean it works in live trading. And if it did work in live trading, you don't have first-hand experience of this. "But Simon was trading live" you say. Was he? How do you know? (By live, I mean with real money, preferably his own).

Just a piece of information, unlike other teachers, Simon makes calls and trades in the room with his students, and also the students interact with him. So no smoke and mirrors.

It's unfortunate that there has been a bad taste left in peoples mouths about teachers. Makes it harder for the honest ones to offer real help.
I don't particularly have a problem with teachers actually, not even ones who charge for their services, at least if they are any good.

What I have a problem with is people who pose as "just another trader" in order to shamelessly hawk something.

Marketing is a thankless job. Wow.

Especially when (done this way) it's against T2W rules.
If you wish to "market" Simon's site, I suggest you talk to the site management about the way to do this which does not break this site's rules.

I'm sorry to hear that I have been the cause of the demise of your sarcasm meter. Whilst it's on the fritz, here are some suggestions for other people whose wisdom you can loftily dismiss:

Aristotle
William Shakespeare
Blaise Pascal

They're just like, so whatever.

Moving on :), I must regretfully decline your kind invitation to contribute to your new sarcasm meter fund. Surely you can afford to replace with the very latest model, using the profits you will shortly be generating from following Simon :D?

Well one does not have to be on T2W very long before one develops an extremely robust and resilient BS-meter.

Profits? Do they take demo profits in the sarcasm meter shop?

Aristotle, shmaristotle....he ain't no match for "Simon".

Not especially. So just let's give you the benefit of the doubt over "spencer", i.e. that he was not just some foil, or rather another userid you created to kick off this thread and give you a chance to advertise; let's move on to you. You joined in Feb this year, and made a nice intro post in the appropriate thread. Fine. However, in your first substantive post, in April, you were plugging
(with a link) Simon's site, in which you have a commercial interest. You called yourself his partner didn't you? Mods will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is contrary to the rules of T2W isn't it, and people have been banned or at least warned for this sort of thing.

What I have a problem with is people who pose as "just another trader" in order to shamelessly hawk something.

Especially when (done this way) it's against T2W rules.
If you wish to "market" Simon's site, I suggest you talk to the site management about the way to do this which does not break this site's rules.

ah right, no doesn't look good this lot, as its late i'll clean up in the morning. wouldn't worry overly about frank, just had a quick look and doesn't appear implicated, only spotted this really after cleaning up the fracas in here, good work :D

Respect has to be earned.Make some live advance calls with your 10 tick stops on oil , and prove it works.We know nothing , so we are willing to learn with an open mind.We all want to trade to win.

Respect has to be earned.Make some live advance calls with your 10 tick stops on oil , and prove it works.We know nothing , so we are willing to learn with an open mind.We all want to trade to win.

Wow, you have really cornered the market in BS haven't you.

Fair enough - I'm one of the ones that likes a bit of a ding-dong anyway, so I'm never offended by other people's views. I quite welcome an internet argument :).

Actually though, for some of the psycological aspects outside sources can be very useful. Try googling Theodore Dalrymple - nothing to do with trading, but I've found it helpful nonetheless. He's very good on personal responsibility and self-discipline, which is a big part of trading, at least for me.

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm learning the psychological aspect of trading has a major effect. I just haven't had the time or desire to get into studies on famous philosophers. I would have if I had gone to college or university and had taken philosophy courses(which actually highly interested me).

As for montmorenracy, you can ask the mods to check the ip of both spencer and I. If I were to create two accounts, they would both show that I'm in one area. Unfortunately for your side of the argument that won't be true. But thanks for trying. And before you conjure up the conspiracy that I lived in Iowa then moved to Ontario, I'll have to tell you that I can't exactly afford to move around between countries. So that blows that theory out of the water.

On top of that, I have the vendor status ticked off in my user cp. So I would automatically assume that I am able to "push my product" so to speak. On the other forums I'm a part of, the vendors are quite free to put in plugs for their company in any thread they want without recourse.

Wow, who knew, I'm actually smart!

Simon trades not only his own live account, but also managed accounts. You are more than welcome to come to the webinar on Wednesday and you can ask him yourself. Instead of being a "bench racer" as we say on the Mustang forum, how about you come on out and see for yourself?

Anyway, thanks for doing your best to try and knock me down. It's really helping my confidence levels actually. I'll just keep suggesting that you come see for yourself until you actually break down and do it.

Simon is also open to holding a webinar for skeptics. So if a bunch of you would like to take this into reality, and meet and talk with Simon, then let me know and I'll have him set up a time that will be reasonable. I don't mind at all.

Seriously, no charge. You can just come and talk with him and figure it out for yourself. You know, since apparently I'm a liar.

;)

well one does not have to be on t2w very long before one develops an extremely robust and resilient bs-meter.

Profits? Do they take demo profits in the sarcasm meter shop?

Aristotle, shmaristotle....he ain't no match for "simon".

lol

Webinar is now over.

(Provided link for those who would have liked to see)

If anyone wants to come in and talk with Simon, please let me know and we can arrange a webinar for you.

Either pm, or post here. If pm is more convenient for you, then feel free.

Last edited:
Webinar is now over.

If anyone wants to come in and talk with Simon, please let me know and we can arrange a webinar for you.

tumbleweed.jpg

Webinar is now over.

I dont if I got in late or something, but I am not really any the wiser.
The guy uses Donchian Channel(20) breakout confirmed by DOM.
The DOM was certainly interesting to observe.

However, most of the webinar was about the special sign-up-now-and-get-xx%-off and some general stuff.
Then some testimonials. clearly no bad ones were going to be shown, so that was a waste of time.
Too generic to be any use, or to make up ones mind.

I was confused about the 2-day trial. I got the impression the 2-day trial was only available IF you bought the subscription. (was 2,500, dropped to 1,230, I think)
Risking 3-5 ticks to make 3,5 and 12 (I may have this wrong) is fine, but for me thats scalping.
There is also the fact that you have to sign up to a specific broker??

Would love to know more about the DOM. that was fascinating.

overall impression: a sales pitch. but his website does have some 20-ish videos.

I dont if I got in late or something, but I am not really any the wiser.
The guy uses Donchian Channel(20) breakout confirmed by DOM.
The DOM was certainly interesting to observe.

However, most of the webinar was about the special sign-up-now-and-get-xx%-off and some general stuff.
Then some testimonials. clearly no bad ones were going to be shown, so that was a waste of time.
Too generic to be any use, or to make up ones mind.

I was confused about the 2-day trial. I got the impression the 2-day trial was only available IF you bought the subscription. (was 2,500, dropped to 1,230, I think)
Risking 3-5 ticks to make 3,5 and 12 (I may have this wrong) is fine, but for me thats scalping.
There is also the fact that you have to sign up to a specific broker??

Would love to know more about the DOM. that was fascinating.

overall impression: a sales pitch. but his website does have some 20-ish videos.
Yes it was a sales pitch, mostly because it was held by Global Futures for customers.

He is a scalper, and that's what we do in the room. I don't know if you saw Greg in there but he joined a couple weeks ago and so far he's found that using SImon's system has greatly enhanced his profits. He's been a veteren trader for a while now.

You can get Ninja Trader, and if your broker supports Ninja trader you can stick with that broker. The platform GlobalFutures provides is available by some brokers and it comes with everything free.

Not sure if you mean the delta charts, or the actual SuperDOM... The SuperDOM is hardly used, but the delta charts are the "tapes" or "volumes of buyers". Perhaps that interests you? That's available free with Simon. A couple companies have the delta charts available for $60 a month.

Yes the two day trial is for people who put money down. You come in to watch how Simon teaches, and see that we actually do as he pitches. If you don't think its for you after the end of the two days, you get your money back no questions asked. Simon is very honest. He's learned from alot of different teachers and has spent alot of money so he knows what it's like.

Unfortunately he didn't have alot of time to show people his method. Most of the previous webinars he was able to explain how he does his trading, and what techniques he implements. We use Donchian channel to make top of channel trades, bottom and middle, as long as breakouts and momentum trades. Alot of scalping, yes.

There's one student who's long since graduated and he trades the crude only in the morning. Does a single 40 pip trade at the open of the day, and is all done for the rest of the day.

I'm not sure if you were there when Simon was saying alot of professional traders have joined and added his technique to their already successful techniques. He's actually very flattered that long time traders find his method successful.

The sign up price includes a membership for life. Meaning you can come back at any time and view new videos that are posted, and join the room and trade with Simon again or possibly share new findings. The crude trader I mentioned came back a few weeks ago to teach us his technique.

If you want I can get Simon to set up a webinar that will be more geared toward information on how he trades. It's not a problem at all.

The whole A.C.E. thing is actually very effective. Basically what we do is anticipate either a top/bottom/middle trade or breakout/momentum on the donchian chart, confrim it with the delta charts to make sure it will go in the long/short we are waiting for, and then go ahead and take the trade (execute). It's to avoid bad trades so you don't lose money.

Simon is very honest and doesn't hide a loss or anything. He also points out any mistakes he makes so that the students can learn from it. Because he's busy teaching at the same time, he can become distracted and miss trades (that the students take anyway because they've applied what they learn) or put in a trade at a wrong point. But quickly realizes and gets out asap.

Also a big thing is having the mindset for trading. If he's not feeling too hot, or things are seemingly going bad for him he either takes a 15 min break or goes to trading a demo so then he doesn't lose money.

Phew. That was alot of typing. Sorry bout the giant read, but you needed some explainations.

So please, let me know if you would like the information webinar, and I can get it set up.

Might be able to swing getting you in the room for the 2 trial days. If you email Simon you can ask for that. A few others have done the same, joined the room without paying anything just to see if it was for them.

Thanks for coming into the webinar! I was Quinn btw.

thanks for the clarifications, NT.

I suppose the webinar had to be generic, as there were people at different levels.
Being a bit more experienced, I was chomping at the bit to see the details, and style of trading.

I would think a webinar aimed at experienced traders specifically, and getting straight into set-ups would suit the T2W crowd. And keeping out those asking too basic a set of questions.