I almost got it...

It started going bad when ODT left, then we had no "outlet" for our frustration. Now we've turned in on ourselves.

The law of unintended consequences.

Where have you been MM?

Nowhere special. Just took a holiday, then a little break, which somehow got extended. I had some pleasant distractions like a family wedding to help organise, but apart from that, realised I was happier not trading than trading; even the good times had been stressful.
I'm keen to get back into it now though. I know what my mistakes were (or some of them). Now to see if I can overcome them.

Nowhere special. Just took a holiday, then a little break, which somehow got extended. I had some pleasant distractions like a family wedding to help organise, but apart from that, realised I was happier not trading than trading; even the good times had been stressful.
I'm keen to get back into it now though. I know what my mistakes were (or some of them). Now to see if I can overcome them.

Ah Ok, I was interested because I started trading around the same time as you and I have just had my first break too.

My break was due to the birth of my new son coinciding with laptop failure. Like an alcoholic not wanting booze in the house I put off the repair of the laptop, just until the new baby was not so new.

Having a break definitely makes you think about the markets in a different way.

Ah Ok, I was interested because I started trading around the same time as you and I have just had my first break too.

My break was due to the birth of my new son coinciding with laptop failure. Like an alcoholic not wanting booze in the house I put off the repair of the laptop, just until the new baby was not so new.

Having a break definitely makes you think about the markets in a different way.

Congratulations, I can't wait to have kids. Will have to wait until I'm financially and mentally stable enough first though!!!

Congratulations, I can't wait to have kids. Will have to wait until I'm financially and mentally stable enough first though!!!

Just wait till they prove they are better traders than daddy and start singing such tunes as Daddy is a dodo around the house

:)

My break was due to the birth of my new son coinciding with laptop failure.

Great news. :)

Yeah.... On second thoughts I'll stick with the contraception!

Just wait till they prove they are better traders than daddy and start singing such tunes as Daddy is a dodo around the house

Nothing would give me more pleasure. My five year old is already looking over my shoulder asking questions about the charts.

Correct! In fact I'm even more nuts because I'm always up at this time!

Great news. :)

Thanks Black Swan.

It’s a bit embarrassing really but I think I accidently named him after traderdante.

I was on a thread with td, when I got a call from my wife upstairs telling me the planets had aligned and the time is right.

When I came back down (2 mins later) I had missed some deleted posts which td kindly filled me in on via pm. I thought what a nice chap as I went back upstairs and made a throw away comment to my wife about the name Tom for a boy. Months later the name had stuck with my wife. Oops

Thanks Black Swan.

It’s a bit embarrassing really but I think I accidently named him after traderdante.

I was on a thread with td, when I got a call from my wife upstairs telling me the planets had aligned and the time is right.

When I came back down (2 mins later) I had missed some deleted posts which td kindly filled me in on via pm. I thought what a nice chap as I went back upstairs and made a throw away comment to my wife about the name Tom for a boy. Months later the name had stuck with my wife. Oops

I read that quickly hoping you hadn't called him Dante...:-0 The names folks give their kids these days staggers me, so I wouldn't have been surprised if you had..We seem to be particularly unique in Europe for ruining our first-name culture.

I read that quickly hoping you hadn't called him Dante...:-0 The names folks give their kids these days staggers me, so I wouldn't have been surprised if you had..We seem to be particularly unique in Europe for ruining our first-name culture.

There was a kid on "Waterloo Road" called "Dante" (or something that sounded a lot like it!