Support/Resistance & Supply/Demand. Have I got it?

I am. In futures, it is 1 for 1 - to buy 1, you have to buy from someone who wants to sell 1. When would this be different?

I think what new_trader meant and I may be totally off the mark (and if so I'm sure he'll tell us) that buyers and sellers aren't necessarily matched 1 for 1.

If I have 50 contracts to SELL then they may be bought up by 5 buyers who take 10 each.

That way, there are more buyers than sellers but the same amount of contracts are transacted.

I think what new_trader meant and I may be totally off the mark (and if so I'm sure he'll tell us) that buyers and sellers aren't necessarily matched 1 for 1.

If I have 50 contracts to SELL then they may be bought up by 5 buyers who take 10 each.

That way, there are more buyers than sellers but the same amount of contracts are transacted.

Yes, this is what I meant. You don't need to think too hard to work out the implications of this.

but just because 1 buyer for ten matches with ten sellers for one, does it really make any difference? there are still ten contracts bought and ten sold, and for every £ won, there is a £ lost, for each contract?

but just because 1 buyer for ten matches with ten sellers for one, does it really make any difference? there are still ten contracts bought and ten sold, and for every £ won, there is a £ lost, for each contract?

No, it doesn't really make any difference. There are ten transactions, regardless. What moves price is how much the buyer is willing to pay and how much the seller is willing to accept. Which was sort of my point, but what the hell.

Db