How to trade any market on any time frame

Phil newton has a special offer on the bottom page of his website with a video showing his latest results, it is thousands of points/pips since october 2013 til end of year. This is like over $50000 profit in the last quarter with the new strategy hes trading (if trading with with 1 standard Lot) now thats what i call serious cash...

So the old strategy that generated '27000' pips in his live room stopped working? Hmmmm. I am on his email distributor list, guess you have had tbe same 5 fir 1 offer or whatever flavour it is now. A statement would be good.

So the old strategy that generated '27000' pips in his live room stopped working? Hmmmm. I am on his email distributor list, guess you have had tbe same 5 fir 1 offer or whatever flavour it is now. A statement would be good.

that 27000 pips was for 2012 i think? maybe it did stop working im not sure what did phil say about that...
this is his new strategy seems pretty simple MA cross and enter on pullback - some simple systems are the best... just seems like some serious points hes making, phil isnt going to put his personal broker statements up i cant blame him for that but i would like him to defend his statements when being challenged as it just makes him look as if its not true when it might be, although he has not proved his profit claims are true nobody has proved they are untrue either!!

that 27000 pips was for 2012 i think? maybe it did stop working im not sure what did phil say about that...
this is his new strategy seems pretty simple MA cross and enter on pullback - some simple systems are the best... just seems like some serious points hes making, phil isnt going to put his personal broker statements up i cant blame him for that but i would like him to defend his statements when being challenged as it just makes him look as if its not true when it might be, although he has not proved his profit claims are true nobody has proved they are untrue either!!

Ask yourself if you earnt $50,000 trading in the last 3 months would you spend much effort getting people to join your trading room for some pittance per month. I canrt prove the sun will rise tomorrow but it is highly likely.

Ask yourself if you earnt $50,000 trading in the last 3 months would you spend much effort getting people to join your trading room for some pittance per month. I canrt prove the sun will rise tomorrow but it is highly likely.

i know what you mean i had already asked myself that question it does not make sense to me either, but some people do these things...i was watching a seminar on tradestation from linda bradford raschke she was in the market wizards book made a fortune bit of a legend and even she had a live chat room $350 a month i think its still going, dont forget trading can be isolating and boring so why not have an extra grand or so a month for a bit of teaching and a live room??

what do you think phil just does not make the pips he claims or do you just think he should give proof?

So the stratagy is "Confirm the trend and enter on a pull-back" . . . . perfectly valid technique imo that should be good in any timeframe when combined with suitable money-management techniques.

Don't really see where all the flamers are coming from.

Reactions: BSD
So the stratagy is "Confirm the trend and enter on a pull-back" . . . . perfectly valid technique imo that should be good in any timeframe when combined with suitable money-management techniques.

Are you really in the western sahara? :eek:

Thats what im thinking its a straightforward system, some of these simple systems are the best though. But you get flamed on here without proof i suppose...

Why is it that context is always ignored here?

Lets be clear.

Phil has had no interest in posting here for years. He's wasn't interested in this place, and he's still not interested, evidenced by the fact he stopped posting here...again. Forget his words, concentrate on facts. So he's not interested in the people here, educating them, helping them, learning from them, having some banter with them...nothing. He doesn't want any of that. He doesn't care about anyone here, he only wants to use this place.

It's important that you get this point, before you move on to what he is interested in. This is not some nice guy wanting to contribute to a forum.

He briefly came back with a sales pitch 'how to make money on any timeframe' and advertised links to his site. This sales pitch is stupid on so many levels, but probably it works on the newb. He only came back to make this sales pitch, he didn't return and participate in general discussion and act like a member and then start a thread, he returned with his sales pitch, immediately, and that's all he really did.

He is not interested in proving his method, he is not interested in explaining his pip count, he is not interested in anyone who is a 'hater', that is, someone who doesn't believe every word he says and is unwilling to hand over money for his services. He is interested in making a sales pitch, and offering discounts for his products according to members posting above, but not interested in proving that the product works, and anyone that has doubts is stupid.

I am puzzled that cablemonster and I seem to be the only ones that either see or care about the context. Yes without context, all he has done is post an entry technique and then sloped off. With context he's more like a parasite dodgy salesman, attempting to feed off the naive on trading forums.

He hasnt posted on here for years because he got fed up with the people on here years back.

He returned to t2w and was contributing to this thread and willing to help members until cablemonster accused him of 'scamming' and he never posted again and probably wont ever again now, otherwise we might have found out some more.

Im not saying for one minute phils does not want more members in his room he clearly does, but i did know someone who went in his live room years back when he was trading breakouts and he said it was decent, good money management and good breakout method etc, so i dont personally think he is a scammer but i also think he should discuss the pip count and method more if he starts a thread like this rather than just dissapear...

He hasnt posted on here for years because he got fed up with the people on here years back.

He returned to t2w and was contributing to this thread and willing to help members until cablemonster accused him of 'scamming' and he never posted again and probably wont ever again now, otherwise we might have found out some more.

Im not saying for one minute phils does not want more members in his room he clearly does, but i did know someone who went in his live room years back when he was trading breakouts and he said it was decent, good money management and good breakout method etc, so i dont personally think he is a scammer but i also think he should discuss the pip count and method more if he starts a thread like this rather than just dissapear...

We are all responsible for what we do. It is not others that force our actions, it was not others that kept him away from T2Win, it was a choice. It was not his true intention to contribute here, nor to freely help nor to explain his pip counts. This is clear from his actions and the result. Everything else is irrelevant waffle.

As I've said before, Phil does not need to prove his results. He should be allowed to post whatever he likes within reason. But the other side of that is that members should be allowed to challenge what he posts and they aren't required to prove their claims either. So if someone wants to call him a scammer, or suggest that alfiemal is advertising for him, then that's fair game, and nobody should complain. That's all that happened. So why is this thread continuing and people suggesting things were too harsh on Phil? The alternative is special treatment, i.e. protection of vendors from criticism, which is ludicrous.

It seems likely that you are or were a paid member from his site. Given that you knew his strategy, did you make 25,000 pips in 2012 and for what risk? And how does he count his pips? Care to explain?

Otherwise lets just let this thread die until Phil comes back in another 2 years to do the same thing.

Last edited:
We are all responsible for what we do. It is not others that force our actions, it was not others that kept him away from T2Win, it was a choice. It was not his true intention to contribute here, nor to freely help nor to explain his pip counts. This is clear from his actions and the result. Everything else is irrelevant waffle.

As I've said before, Phil does not need to prove his results. He should be allowed to post whatever he likes within reason. But the other side of that is that members should be allowed to challenge what he posts and they aren't required to prove their claims either. So if someone wants to call him a scammer, or suggest that alfiemal is advertising for him, then that's fair game, and nobody should complain. That's all that happened. So why is this thread continuing and people suggesting things were too harsh on Phil? The alternative is special treatment, i.e. protection of vendors from criticism, which is ludicrous.

It seems likely that you are or were a paid member from his site. Given that you knew his strategy, did you make 25,000 pips in 2012 and for what risk? And how does he count his pips? Care to explain?

Otherwise lets just let this thread die until Phil comes back in another 2 years to do the same thing.

He has made 1600 posts on here over a long time so he must have helped some people. He did get fed up with the people on here thats why he stopped posting.

Advertising for him ha! you have got me wrong, i sent him a private message yesterday asking him about this and the results etc and he hasnt answered me! I said some of the same things as you he should back his claims up etc...

I am not a member of his site now and never have been a guy i knew traded his breakout method for a bit said it was decent but a bit complicated... i work full time or i would try his site and see for myself. The strategy were he claims 25000 pips was not the breakout strategy i referred to it was furquad or something...

It was on his site how he counts his pips a while back, nothing complicated he just adds the pips up 'per lot traded' as he scales out of his trades. So he enters his trades on say eurusd with 3 lots which is $30 per pip and either gets stopped out or scales out. If say the stop loss was 50 pips and it got hit then he would count that as a 150 pip loss on his pip count. Then if he scaled out at 50 pip targets and they were all hit it would be a 300 pip gain, does it make sense?
So 25000 pips is $250000 profit as he trades 3 standard lots (not 25000*$30 as i initially thought it meant). Serious cash i know, thats why i am interested in this thread and wanted phil to say more...

For all i know phil is a scammer as cablemonster suggested, i just think if he has good money management and good psychology to take the trades and a half decent entry method then he could be making a profit. A bad entry method with good trade management can still make a profit but a good entry method with poor trade management and no discipline is doomed!

He has made 1600 posts on here over a long time so he must have helped some people. He did get fed up with the people on here thats why he stopped posting.

Advertising for him ha! you have got me wrong, i sent him a private message yesterday asking him about this and the results etc and he hasnt answered me! I said some of the same things as you he should back his claims up etc...

I am not a member of his site now and never have been a guy i knew traded his breakout method for a bit said it was decent but a bit complicated... i work full time or i would try his site and see for myself. The strategy were he claims 25000 pips was not the breakout strategy i referred to it was furquad or something...

It was on his site how he counts his pips a while back, nothing complicated he just adds the pips up 'per lot traded' as he scales out of his trades. So he enters his trades on say eurusd with 3 lots which is $30 per pip and either gets stopped out or scales out. If say the stop loss was 50 pips and it got hit then he would count that as a 150 pip loss on his pip count. Then if he scaled out at 50 pip targets and they were all hit it would be a 300 pip gain, does it make sense?
So 25000 pips is $250000 profit as he trades 3 standard lots (not 25000*$30 as i initially thought it meant). Serious cash i know, thats why i am interested in this thread and wanted phil to say more...

For all i know phil is a scammer as cablemonster suggested, i just think if he has good money management and good psychology to take the trades and a half decent entry method then he could be making a profit. A bad entry method with good trade management can still make a profit but a good entry method with poor trade management and no discipline is doomed!

You seem to have knowledge of that strategy

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-range-break-out-strategy-27.html#post1684474

And knowledge of how he was doing with it, which suggests you were in the trading room and a paid member. Otherwise why are you claiming things about his trading and that he had success with it if you weren't a witness? Oh, I forgot, it was your friend who was the member and you two sat huddled around the computer watching his performance in the trading room day after day.

You have an interest in resurrecting this thread, and mentioning how many pips he obtained, and mentioning his new offer and his new strategy and how well it is doing and how you would sign up if you could. And you have an interest in blaming the people here for him leaving.

I think your intentions are pretty clear.

How he counts pips is clear now, thanks. Pity he couldn't explain it himself here when asked. I suggest that he count each minilot or microlot separately in future so that he could claim he made 250,000 pips, or 2.5 million pips. Or would that be too unbelievable :whistling

Last edited:
You seem to have knowledge of that strategy

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-range-break-out-strategy-27.html#post1684474

And knowledge of how he was doing with it, which suggests you were in the trading room and a paid member. Otherwise why are you claiming things about his trading and that he had success with it if you weren't a witness? Oh, I forgot, it was your friend who was the member and you two sat huddled around the computer watching his performance in the trading room day after day.

You have an interest in resurrecting this thread, and mentioning how many pips he obtained, and mentioning his new offer and his new strategy and how well it is doing and how you would sign up if you could. And you have an interest in blaming the people here for him leaving.

I think your intentions are pretty clear.

How he counts pips is clear now, thanks. Pity he couldn't explain it himself here when asked. I suggest that he count each minilot or microlot separately in future so that he could claim he made 250,000 pips, or 2.5 million pips. Or would that be too unbelievable :whistling

I was not in his live room as a paid member i have a full time office job, but if i thought i could follow his trades and make $250000 a year id quit tommorow. The reason i know about his strategy is because its been on you tube for years...

My friend was a member for around a month not me, im telling you straight i private messaged phil about his performance yesterday and he didnt answer me,if you think everyone is a liar i cant do anything about it.

Yes i do have an interest in this thread because im into trading and if someone has a live room that makes $50000 in 3 months i would like to know if its true or not. If you think im trying to keep the thread going dont reply.

None of the accusations made against phil have many facts to back them up just things like why does he charge £145 a month etc if hes making that money... i see why people say these things but like i said linda raschke does paid webinars and has a live room, larry williams does paid seminars and hes made millions people still like to get involved in teaching, i wouldnt personally but thats just me and probably you and cablemonster would not either ha.

Your right it is a pity he didnt explain his pips here because imo it just makes him look bad. Thats what i messaged him about.

Il see you in the live room then oops sorry ha ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not in his live room as a paid member i have a full time office job, but if i thought i could follow his trades and make $250000 a year id quit tommorow. The reason i know about his strategy is because its been on you tube for years...

My friend was a member for around a month not me, im telling you straight i private messaged phil about his performance yesterday and he didnt answer me,if you think everyone is a liar i cant do anything about it.

Yes i do have an interest in this thread because im into trading and if someone has a live room that makes $50000 in 3 months i would like to know if its true or not. If you think im trying to keep the thread going dont reply.

None of the accusations made against phil have many facts to back them up just things like why does he charge £145 a month etc if hes making that money... i see why people say these things but like i said linda raschke does paid webinars and has a live room, larry williams does paid seminars and hes made millions people still like to get involved in teaching, i wouldnt personally but thats just me and probably you and cablemonster would not either ha.

Your right it is a pity he didnt explain his pips here because imo it just makes him look bad. Thats what i messaged him about.

Il see you in the live room then oops sorry ha ha!

I don't think everyone is a liar, I think you are. And after all the advertising you've done for him, you now post a link to his youtube which links directly to his site. Phil must be really desperate.

Last edited by a moderator: