How to trade any market on any time frame

Just because something co-related doesn't mean you have increased your risk and neither does it assure me that all 3 "related" instruments will move in a similar way.

absolute tosh sir. Generally speaking if you are long the ES and go long any of the other US indices you are increasing your risk.

:smart:

absolute tosh sir. Generally speaking if you are long the ES and go long any of the other US indices you are increasing your risk.

+1 agree , unless ofcourse he splits the size between them ...

Last edited:
Its been about 4yrs since I last posted anything half interesting on this site.

Recently I came to the view that I want to trade anything that presents an opportunity and I wanted to strip my trading right back to basics to allow multi market trading which for those that know me is something I've been saying I will do since 2007.

What Im doing and all I've ever done is try to trade simply nothing more, nothing less and I've been doing this for nearly 20 years, 13 years full time. So for whatever my opinion is worth... this **** works.

imo you have been scamming for a long time and your numbers have dried up hence this latest marketing push.

for all beginners out there focus on WHY the market moves, here's a clue - it's not moving averages or pullbacks. It's size, orderflow and news flow.

I am speechless :-0

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . unless ofcourse he splits the size between them ...
. . . which is what I assumed Phil meant. Having been stuck in a single DAX trade going nowhere since this morning, I think his point was rather well made!
;)
Tim.

Would that be the risk of losing or winning? :cheesy:
Seriously though, I can totally understand Phils view of things not moving in step with each other. As long as each trade is managed individually i dont see the problem. More so if you are diversified in other markets.

Would that be the risk of losing or winning? :cheesy:
Seriously though, I can totally understand Phils view of things not moving in step with each other. As long as each trade is managed individually i dont see the problem. More so if you are diversified in other markets.

breathtaking.......

imo you have been scamming for a long time and your numbers have dried up hence this latest marketing push.

for all beginners out there focus on WHY the market moves, here's a clue - it's not moving averages or pullbacks. It's size, orderflow and news flow.

I cant agree here either tbh. I dont feel i need to pay any attention to size / order flow or news to have a handle on the market. An MA is the 'average price', nothing more nothing less, all i need to know is if prices are trading stronger or weaker relative to the average price. Aiming to trade a pullback is simply trying to operate at a better than current price, again nothing special in that imo.

Last edited:

Are you going to makeout with him in a couple of months ?

Copy from Mr.Charts thread
re the comments above... funny how Im just looking through the site seeing whats cooking and there are plenty of Ads that arent banned... funny how the treatment is still skewed.

Thought I would pop past and see your old thread... nice to see if still going strong... this one has been going uber strong for years.. :)

Well, since you brought up the topic, you shouldn't really have that link to youtube in your signature, as it links to an account which links directly to your vendor site. So that's a breach. I don't see how you can complain about skewed treatment when it is probably skewed in your favour. Rather than report it and give the mods more work, I thought it better to just post here.

Just because something co-related doesn't mean you have increased your risk and neither does it assure me that all 3 "related" instruments will move in a similar way.
If I'm short a JPY pair and I take on another short JPY pair, my two trades are correlated to a large extent by virtue of their exposure to the same asset (JPY). Those two pairs will tend to move in a similar way, but it hasn't increased my risk purely because of that correlation.

Risk is a function of the number of open positions not their correlation.

I cant agree here either tbh. I dont feel i need to pay any attention to size / order flow or news to have a handle on the market. An MA is the 'average price', nothing more nothing less, all i need to know is if prices are trading stronger or weaker relative to the average price. Aiming to trade a pullback is simply trying to operate at a better than current price, again nothing special in that imo.

lets look at the evidence

during 2012 said vendor claims to have made 25070 pips in a year.

see here http://www.trading-strategies.info/node/2405

vendor charges £145 pm on his website for mentoring

simple maths says on a tiny 1 lot his strategy would have netted him $250700 in 2012 @ $10 per pip. of course a trader with such long experience could surely stretch to a 5 lot.

now of course there could be an innocent explanation for all of this but you wont see a single statement.

each to his own. :whistling

Are you going to makeout with him in a couple of months ?

you are referring to Toast who is an alright guy but a persistent vendor he is smarter than most. :D I will not change my viewpoint on scamming vendors.

Agree order flow and size isn't useful for every trader , it could be useful if you are scalping the market , but its irrelevant for swing traders , such data can be gamed easily by algos and bots , most of the data is just random numbers for algorithm trading volume good luck in trying to read something into that ! .

I cant agree here either tbh. I dont feel i need to pay any attention to size

really so when large size trades you pay no attention, interesting concept. :) and sod news flow what does that matter lol.

Copy from Mr.Charts thread

Well, since you brought up the topic, you shouldn't really have that link to youtube in your signature, as it links to an account which links directly to your vendor site. So that's a breach. I don't see how you can complain about skewed treatment when it is probably skewed in your favour. Rather than report it and give the mods more work, I thought it better to just post here.

Was going to comment on this but i just reported his link instead ...

elaborate, please, am always willing to learn.

ok well lets look at what was said:

YM is drifting upwards and as per rules previously outlined has me long. Although the conidion to stand aside has also been met. So Im in a long and price is pausing.

ES is essentially the same and at the very early stages of its most recent trade.

NQ entry is also the same but is a runaway winner so which Ive added in and scaled out 3 times so far... this is the image above you can see.

My reasons are diversification.

OP stated the reason he has long positions in ES, NQ & YM is diversification. OP asserts he hasn't increased his risk and that said instruments will not necessarily move in the same way.

This has got to be the worst example of diversifying I have ever seen. :whistling

lets look at the evidence

during 2012 said vendor claims to have made 25070 pips in a year.

see here http://www.trading-strategies.info/node/2405

vendor charges £145 pm on his website for mentoring

simple maths says on a tiny 1 lot his strategy would have netted him $250700 in 2012 @ $10 per pip. of course a trader with such long experience could surely stretch to a 5 lot.

now of course there could be an innocent explanation for all of this but you wont see a single statement.

each to his own. :whistling
With respect. What does any of the above have to do with your quote of me?

As far as Phils integrity goes, back in the day, this new fish was glad of his free of charge help! If he chooses to charge nowadays, so what.

Newtron Bomb has thrown his toys out of the pram and edited out his posts, referring to people as haters and plebs. Nice. True colours didn't take long to come out did they?

Last edited:
As far as Phils integrity goes, back in the day, this new fish was glad of his free of charge help! If he chooses to charge nowadays, so what.

I have no problem with people charging for goods and services that are genuine it's when they are not plausible that I have a problem. How many dodgy vendors do we need to uncover before people actually do any due diligence. The claims on his website are 25070 pips called in the live room during 2012. If those claims turned out to be false I would say that person lacked integrity.

On a tiny 1 lot that would equate to over $250,000 in profit, not many traders who have been trading for 10+ years will be trading a 1 lot. All I am saying is what is being claimed is not plausible just the same way as if you saw a Porsche 911 advert 2012 model with 10k on the clock for £2995, it is not plausible.

People will have to make up their own mind who trades for a living and is genuine and who the scammers are. Of course a simple statement would clear this up, but you will never see one will you.

:rolleyes: