How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
I just have to get away from the new puzzle thread for a while - it is so addictive :LOL:

As we seem to be having a quiet start to the year - which will hopefully stay that way - I am going to put forward some of my thoughts on how to improve on ones way of thinking.

The first step - which seems to be fairly well recognised by many - ranging from top executives to Buddhist monks - is SILENCE.

If one can't take some time out for complete silence - then it will be a pure waste of time and no benefits of any kind may ever be realised.

Many think that it is just a matter of thinking about different things - not so - it is a process that must be learned and developed through practice, and more practice.

This is probably why so many never even try it - for it requires commitment and dedication.

Have you ever wondered why top executives have their own secluded office - away from everyone else and no appointments unless booked in advance? These people realise the value of peace and quiet in oder to be able to concentrate on whatever it is they are trying to do.

Silence is THE MOST IMPORTANT KEY for learning How To Think Correctly - without it, it will just result in a total waste of time - so be warned - do not expect to learn anything from this thread unless you are willing to take some time out and relax completely undisturbed for a short period of time.

Actually, I will go as far and say that it may be not in your own interest to even read this thread if you do not make a conscious decision to allow for some SILENCE in your life -because all that is said by me here will just sound like more of the mumbo jumbo psyco rubbish - but I can assure you it is not - for when I make my statement about The Truth, anyone who has practised the art of SILENCE will realise that what I am saying is actually TRUE - for it is the way things are - there is no other way that it can be - we can't change the immutable Laws no matter how hard we try - in other words - we can fool ourselves for as long as we like - or we can wake up to the real TRUTH of why things are exactly the way they are - and how everyone of us gets exactly what we deserve in life - and what we get is entirely dependant on how we think - and how we can change any situation in our life just by learning How To Think Correctly.

Silence is hard to find these days. Can you go somewhere nearby where you can truly say there is absolute silence? A place where you don't hear a plane flying over, or the echoes of a train passing by in the vicinity, not even a sound of nature (no birds, no field crickets,...). Than I think you are very lucky.

The only place I can remember ever going to for finding absolute silence were the mountains in Switzerland. Nature can really be amazingly beautiful.

As for your comment however, I disagree that executives have their own separated office solely for that reason. I think ego is more of an issue, and with that comes status affirmation. Some people need to work in jobs that require extreme concentration (computer programmer come to mind) but nevertheless need to work in cubicles with lot's of people around them. That's not the most stimulating environment I can think of.

A remember a wise teacher saying that most people find it very difficult to be in absolute silence. They need the radio playing the background or the TV on just to hear something, even if they aren't actually listening. His point of view was that silence confronts one with himself/herself, and most people find that confrontation difficult....

Anyway, good post, but I've yet to see how all of this (in particular the pharaoh test) brings us to thinking correctly. To be continued...

Last edited:
CYOF,

We have confirmation that an event in the OT has a scientific explanation. With references to ancient Egypt, I hope we are not venturing into a "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (and similarly, Da Vinci Code) territory?

Grant.

Damn, I just lost a post and I hate that, but I will repeat as this is important - but I will shorten it:

I use ADVFN to get the morning / evening summaries by e-mail...but they also send other stuff...which I will now share...but I should not do so...because they told me not to...as I was amongst a select few...must be my way of thinking :LOL:

Your Private Invitation
Wednesday January 3rd, 2007

It’ll probably come as a shock to you, but the information contained in this email is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly even millions.

Never has an opportunity this profitable crossed our desks – and as an active ADVFN member, you’re entitled to this incredible opportunity before anyone else.

This is a private invitation, so please don't share it with anyone else.

Here’s the situation…

Bryan Bottarelli came straight off the floor of the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) – and within five years launched the fastest-growing options franchise in the country.

Bryan learned the art of option trading in a very unique way - by serving as the “CBOE Clerk” for two of the best CBOE floor traders in the country.

Recruited by a top options firm straight out of college, Bryan’s talent was quickly identified - and he was assigned to cover the firm’s two top traders. Sharing a passion for trading, these top traders took Bryan under their wing and did something unheard of on the CBOE: They taught Bryan, this young rookie, their most heavily guarded secrets to success – methods that made them literally millions of dollars in the Chicago trading pits.

To give you some perspective on the kind of money we’re talking about, an average trading month made each trader $150,000.00 – and a really good month brought in $400,000.00. That’s how lucrative these trading secrets are.

Now, I will make it easier for you all to earn those millions:

http://www.bottarelliresearch.com/promo/?AA7Y7532E8

And just in case!

http://www.bottarelliresearch.com/

But, hold on, maybe the real truth is out there: sorry T2W but I did check here first :LOL:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=82838

Now, why do people still even consider parting with $2.5K for access to so called privileged information - I am willing to let you all know what actually makes everything turn out the way it is, and I am not charging anything, in fact, I am actually giving away money with the free courses I am offering, I really must be stupid :idea:

Lets see where these boys get their millions:

1000 subscribers x $2.5K = $2.5 Mil
2500 subscribers x $2.5K = $6.25 Mil
5000 subscribers x $2.5K = $12.5 Mil

I will not go any higher or I will just get sick - but I must hand it to them, they do it because they CAN do it, no other reason.

So, you can listen to me waffling on about The Truth, and the Exodus, and the Pharaoh's, or you can go off and give the singer your $2.5 K and start making millions - really no choice to be made here I would think :cheesy:

These guys are republishing well know Option Strategies that can be got for free - combine that with good risk management - talk to a few people who are trading options live - and you will get the same results - probably even better than these "professional" traders :rolleyes:

It is very funny that they do not seem to speak of the big secret that the market makers do not want anyone to know about - and that is that 80% -85% of all Commodity Options expire worthless - now that is worth money to you, and you have just got it for free - not even 1 cent charge. And if you want proof, I can give it to you, from the figures released by the exchanges, but please don't ask me as I will have to go and dig out my software and download the data to get it for you, but if you really wan't it I will do it :cry:

I am going to send the singer a private e-mail to tell him what I really think of him and his setup - and how he will ultimately get what he truly deserves in life - for the immutable Laws can not be changed - no matter how hard anyone tries...read my slogan below.

Slainte,

Last edited:
FW and GR,

In any organisation I have worked for, the top guys always have their own private offices -they do this for one reason, so that they are not disturbed and can get on with their thinking, which is what makes or breaks the company.

As for the mumbo jumbo, NO, it is none of that Da Vinci code crap, or anything of the like.

It is all about how things really are -the immutable Laws which are there since time began - but for some little reason, that just happens to be called POWER and DOMINATION, many have spun yarns and tales to fool people for centuries, and it appears that they are still doing a very good job of it, judging by the way the world is still going about its business.

When are we going to really wake up from the dream that we are all in, and see that everything we do is entirely dependent on how we think as individuals - what we end up with is totally up to ourselves - and yes, like minded people do help each other, because they are on the same wavelength, or to put in simple language, they have adopted the same process of thinking, and that facts are that this process is also immutable - it can only work one way, we need to fully understand that we can not change it no matter how hard we think we can - it is the ultimate cause and effect.So, you see, you are either with it or you are not with it, ther is no other way. This is the reason why it works, for if there were numerous ways then it would be flawed, and it can not be flawed, it is not possible for it to be flawed, it is just The Truth.

It can all be summed up in one simple word - which I will state when the time is right, but for now, you will have to put up with my mumbo jumbo, as there appears to be no one on the same wavelength as of yet, but I know there is one, who is not speaking yet, but he will shortly, for he will not be able to resist this type of discussion - but then again, maybe he is off enjoying himself and wishing I would shut my mouth, but I do not think so, I think he is just waiting for the chance to jump in and correct me, for I am only learning, and I have seen by his posts that he knows exactly what I am talking about.

So, have I fully lost it yet, or am I starting to make sense to anyone, even one :cry:

firewalker99 said:
A remember a wise teacher saying that most people find it very difficult to be in absolute silence. They need the radio playing the background or the TV on just to hear something, even if they aren't actually listening. His point of view was that silence confronts one with himself/herself, and most people find that confrontation difficult....

Well, it appears that he got one thing right, and I mean this sincerely, not slagging him off.

Most people do find it difficult, very, very difficult, but as mentioned previously in another post, would you expect it any other way after centuries of brainwashing.

There are many civilisations in the past (I need to check my History to get the correct names, but I think the Incas and Aztecs fall into this category, but I will check) who never developed writing systems, YET, they went on to build some of the most magnificent temples ever built!

How was this possible with just basic marks like a circle for the sun, or straight lines for a river. How did they carry out the feats of engineering without any math calculations, how did they do it?

And they did do it, for the evidence is there for all to see!

As today is going to be busy - I will leave you with the following:

Recently, my 8 yr old daughter just walked into the room and out of the blue said:

"two sixteens are 32"

I immediately said well done and then right away asked her what is:

"two nineteens"

She replied 36.

I then just said straight out without saying anything else - "two nines", and she immediately replied with answer of 38.

Now, she new that I was looking for the answer to the first question, and that the 2 nines were a hint.

I then asked her several more like 2 x 14, 2x17, 2x24, 2x34 - -and lo and behold she got them all right.

I then said "How did you get to work out the 2 x 16.

Her reply was:

"Well, I saw the numbers in my head, one over the other, like you showed me on paper, and it was then easy to add them"

This is a true story and leads me on to the next very important point in relation to thinking correctly.

As children, we all have what is called a vivid imagination, and you might sometimes wonder why children enjoy playing so much. The reason is, when a child imagines something, like my daughter and the sums, they actually see a picture in their mind - as if they are dreaming.

So, why do we all loose this ability to be able to visualise correctly - I will tell you why - the same reason why we all end up with what we get.

Think about this, children starting off school do very well and progress at an exceptional rate -they are encouraged on by their teachers all the time and get stars every time they do something. Then, they enter into the final 2 years of primary school, and we start to see the introduction of the secondary school way of teaching -and suddenly, lo and behold, thet start to face problems which then tends to form different groups of learners -the bright and the not so bright.

In reality, no one is brighter or dummer that anyone else, but what is wrong is the educational system - again, which is a result of the hand me down from generations, which at this stage, we all know is biased towards keeping the majority in the dark.

Of course, many will say this is pure rubbish, but I say no, the teaching of our children is pure rubbish. Even at the high end of the scale, in the Universities, you still have the majority of so called professional teachers, whom, for no other reason, other than pure ignorance, fail to teach correctly, purposely holding back information form the students for their own personal gratification. There are a few who are trying, and to these I take my hat off, but they are very, very , few, and so few, that I have actually only met one ever, and this person has given me the following essay which is the basis for all his methods of teaching - a very wise man indeed.

Read this essay - in full - several times - as it will take some serious concentration in order to get the gist of what Montaigne is saying, and you will see that things have not changed much since the time it was written in 1580 - most so called teachers are still in the dark ages, and this again, is due to the way they think, nothing more, nothing less. Power and Domination wins again!

This essay has had an enormous impact on my way of thinking - and has led me to look differently at everything I read, for if you truly believe what Montaigne is saying, which I do, then what do you think that a good deal of the writings out there are going to contain, rubbish, pure rubbish. Here is the final paragraph from the essay, how true:

"To return to my subject, there is nothing like alluring the appetite and affections; otherwise you make nothing but so many asses laden with books; by dint of the lash, you give them their pocketful learning to keep; whereas, to do well, you should not only lodge it with them, but make them espouse it."

However, just agreeing is not enough, for if most of the norm is rubbish, then where is the real information that can actually make a difference to our lives.

Yes, it is there, but again, most fail to see it, for the reasons as stated above.

In a nutshell, we have all been brainwashed for centuries, and any person that has ever tried to change the status quo, has, up to not too long ago, been either be-headed or made to shut up and say nothing. Remember what happened to Socrates, and wait for it, yes Jesus, and many more whom I am sure you can all bring to mind.

Why, it should be clear by now that we may at least now keep our heads, but as most fail to even contemplate the obvious, the majority will always be the majority, not just in trading, but in all walks of life, and the small few will always hold the balance of power.

But, the good part is that we can change it for ourselves if we so desire, and thankfully this is due to the immutable Laws which I have been mentioning. For as stated, these Laws are immutable - unchangeable -no matter how hard anyone tries.

So, acceptance of these facts is the first step to discovering the real Truth of how things are the way they are - but if you all want to stay in the dark, then that is fine, but please do not winge and cry for what you have been given in life, for I have clearly explained that what you have been given is entirely dependant on how you think, and if you want to continue to think as you have been forced to think, then that is entirely your own decision, and to finish:

"Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap."

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Before I go, as some may be interested in this type of reading, I am attaching a translation of a dialogue between Socrates and ION.

Thoughts on what this discussion is about are welcome - as I find this type of reading very interesting indeed, as it can help in obtaining a real understanding of why we do some of the things we do.

Please do let me know if anyone finds this stuff interesting, as I have many more good pdf's relating to Socrates and Philosophy in general - and would also appreciate anything that others may want to put forward for additional reading.

As I keep saying, the act of trading is the easy part, understanding yourself and what you should be doing correctly, as opposed to what you think you are doing correctly, is the hard part.

Slainte,

So far, I have mentioned two exercises that must be practiced in order to even attempt to make any success with changing the way one thinks - in importance as follows:

1. Silence - for absolute concentration
2. Visualisation - mental imaging through sustained concentration

As I am no expert in the field of teaching mental exercises, but then again who is?; I will put forward my thoughts as they arrive, and these may change as I go along, as like you, I am also learning, but I always like to tell the truth, and like Socrates, the only real think I know is that I actually know nothing at all!

I think that it is now time to ask a question, which will require responses - for an obvious reason!

The idea of the question is to see what answers come out - as the correct answer will have a direct bearing on the start of understanding why there is a better way of thinking - a way that many even fail to understand exists.

No responses mean that no one is interested, and vice versa.

Question:

What is the most essential thing to sustain life?

Hint:

Marconi

This hint will require some thinking, but it should be good enough to lead to the correct answer for some - which only means that some are thinking on the same wavelength - not that the rest are stupid - stupidity has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No person is stupid, even though I may have used this word in the past due to my own stupidity :confused:

Slainte,

CYOF said:
No responses mean that no one is interested, and vice versa.
Or, that nobody has an answer. (unless you want the thread cluttered with "dunnos")

CYOF said:
Question:

Hint:

Marconi

This hint will require some thinking, but it should be good enough to lead to the correct answer for some - which only means that some are thinking on the same wavelength - not that the rest are stupid - stupidity has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No person is stupid, even though I may have used this word in the past due to my own stupidity :confused:

Slainte,

Water? followed by food, followed by (dependent on climate) shelter.

EDIT: I am deliberately excluding breatharians, who believe all sustenance can be gotten from breathing alone.

Marconi [...] thinking on the same wavelength. Point for witty wordplay. :) What we had here was a failure to communicate (over long distances). One of my rellies was one of the first test voices apparently, between Ballycastle and Rathlin Island. :cool:

Anyway, that aside, if you mean human life: the right sort of air, uncontaminated water and food; in some parts of the world a decent fire; for the long haul, reproduction; information assimilation and exchange.

Most essential I suppose is air as of all those a lack of it would kill one first.

This is a trick question ain't it?

Hehe breatharians ... or airarians?.. livin' on solid air ... and if they were German too you could call them Ary.... arrgh :)

Last edited:
frugi said:
Marconi [...] thinking on the same wavelength. What we had here was a failure to communicate (over long distances). :)

Anyway, that aside, if you mean human life: the right sort of air, uncontaminated water and food; in some parts of the world a decent fire; for the long haul, reproduction; information assimilation and exchange.

Most essential I suppose is air as of all those a lack of it would kill one first.

This is a trick question ain't it?

damn! not thinking correctly. yes, I concede, air comes first.

Innovation / technology too perhaps, especially if environment/habitat changes and one must adapt or die.

If we all had to move to Venus in a hurry we would need the technology to purify the inhospitable air. In this case would the technology or the air be more essential? I think cable has addled my brain!

Last edited:
CYOF said:
Question:

Hint:

Marconi

I don't get the hint, but I'm thinking that there must be the will to survive.

^ Clever answers

But I think the will to survive comes bundled by default. (That's not to say that later on we can't override it). A baby that's just dived out the exit door sucks down tiny lungfuls of fetid hospital air without thinking. Then it turns its attention to the nearest source of supping-colostrum, with equal amounts of instinct and noise. Does it really 'know' anything at this point?

Ah yes excellent point Richard ... back to the source ... without a sun or similar source of such, life would be in beeg trouble.

But then we can go back even further and say life needs a modestly sized room, such as a universe, through which the EMR can, well, radiate and in which it can then grow? But that would be silly. :)

Last edited:
PS Though the continual use of the word, "slainte", may suggest cyof thinks of Guiness as being the most essential thing to support life.
Richard

CYOF said:

Hint: Marconi
If more than one thing is essential, there can't be a 'most essential' thing. Anyway, it depends on your frame of reference and what you mean by 'life'. You could say the existence of spacetime is essential, for life as we know it, not to mention a set of physical laws that will sustain life. Matter and energy. Organic molecules that self-replicate (again, for life as we know it). A law that guarantees adaptive heredity, whatever the physical medium of heredity. If you mean life as we know it, huge multi-cellular organisms with metabolisms and nervous systems, then on top of those things, other things become important.

In another frame of reference, you could be thinking of an answer like 'awareness' or 'consciousness', or 'water' or 'sunlight', or 'God' or 'purpose'. It all depends. Your Marconi hint could mean you're thinking of electromagnetic radiation, or motivation/hard work, or invention, or entertainment, or mass communication, or catching criminals, or staying solvent. So many answers, all them good.

I'll go for spacetime if I can only pick one :)

frugi said:
^ Clever answers

But I think the will to survive comes bundled by default. A baby that's just dived out the exit door sucks down tiny lungfuls of fetid hospital air without thinking. Then it turns its attention to the nearest source of supping-colostrum, somewhat noisly. Does it really 'know' anything at this point?

Ah yes excellent point Richard, without sun or similar we would be in beeg trouble. But then can we go back even further and say a modestly sized room, such as a universe, in which the EMR can live?

If there wasn't any air the baby would still try and breathe. The will to survive may be encoded in it's genes but it still must exist above all.

Status
Not open for further replies.