Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and want to say thanks for all the contributions.
I have recently begun trading FTSE 100 shares and made a bit of capital on them. Do I have to pay tax on the earnings?
Also, I currently use Hoodless Brennan to trade. How has everyone else found this? Are there any other stockbrokers that people would recommend?
Thanks in advance.

Motty it all depends if you are in the UK and if you are using spreadbet. If so, no you don't have to pay tax.
Good luck.

Thanks Alexa, I am in the UK and I'm not using spreadbet. Does that mean I have to pay tax? I pay stamp duty on each buy, but do I have to pay tax when I sell?

You shouldn't pay tax as spreadbets are tax exempt. But I don't know which broker you are using, you could get away from stamp duty also.
Why don't you try IG index spreadbet (advertised on the top of this forum, you don't pay stamp duty there I think.
GL
Thanks Alexa, I am in the UK and I'm not using spreadbet. Does that mean I have to pay tax? I pay stamp duty on each buy, but do I have to pay tax when I sell?

Can anyone recommend a low cost place to trade CFD's? (spreads and commissions) Maybe somebody made an overview/comparison somewhere?

Question about using Market Profile

Anyone can help me with some good ebook/s manual/s about HOW TO use Market Profile when trading forex:?:? Thanks guys!

Hi Everyone
I am considering switching brokers to a uS based company to trade the (YM $5)mini dow.Their fee's are 75% cheaper than my current broker.Can anyone based in the UK who uses a US broker tell me anything about the tax implications as i am currently tax excempt with my existing broker![/B]

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and want to say thanks for all the contributions.
I have recently begun trading FTSE 100 shares and made a bit of capital on them. Do I have to pay tax on the earnings?
Also, I currently use Hoodless Brennan to trade. How has everyone else found this? Are there any other stockbrokers that people would recommend?
Thanks in advance.

Motty, I started with Hoodless late last year. Really struggled getting online trades placed at busy times (normally £20K-£40K blocks in liquid stocks such as vodafone & Tesco). Also got fed up paying 0.5% stamp duty so moved to IGMarkets CFD's, so hopefully now only have CGT to worry about. IG have been good for me, their charts and Squawkbox are useful.

Inverse relationship USD - US equities

Hi,

Can someone please explain why there is an inverse relationship between the USD and US equities. I've seen people mentioned it in some of the FX forums. I think I understand the the relationship between USD priced commodities and the USD but the with equities wouldn't the inflows of cash needed to purchase stocks support the dollar?

Thanks,

T

Hi Everyone
I am considering switching brokers to a uS based company to trade the (YM $5)mini dow.Their fee's are 75% cheaper than my current broker.Can anyone based in the UK who uses a US broker tell me anything about the tax implications as i am currently tax excempt with my existing broker![/B]
They should send you a form to sign (on-line signature acceptable) which exempts you from having to pay any US tax. You will of course have to disclose any capital gains to UK Inland Rev.

Hi,

Can someone please explain why there is an inverse relationship between the USD and US equities. I've seen people mentioned it in some of the FX forums. I think I understand the the relationship between USD priced commodities and the USD but the with equities wouldn't the inflows of cash needed to purchase stocks support the dollar?

Thanks,

T

Perhaps a fall in the value of the dollar would mean that asset values will eventually increase (inflation or higher cost of imports), So stock values will increase as well since the companies are (or at least own) assets

How to make a living?

Hello o everyone. I am somewhat new to all this trading situation and im planning to become a swing trader. i currently live in the dominican republic and i already have a non taxed account openned since i am a non-citizen or resident alien. our currency here is 35 dominican pesos for a dollar and i can make a descent living with a litlle over 2,000 a month, that i believe is not much to ask, any advice on how to do so if i work this fulltime???

thanks for your hellp..

Last edited:
Hello o everyone. I am somewhat new to all this tradin situation and im planning to become a wing trader. i currently live in the dominican republic and i already have a non taxed account openned since i am a no citicen or resident alien. our currency here is 35 dominican pesos for a dolla r and i can make e descent living with a litlle over 2,000 a month, that i believe is not much to ask, any advice on how to do so if i work this fulltime???

thanks for your help..

Hi there,
It can be done as many of us here are full time traders. In my oppinion, the main thing is to have a plan, make it in writing and see the realistic possibilities with the money you can start trading with. Trading is a lonely profession in many ways ind forum like this are priceless. One word of caution, do not pay for signals, money management, various courses, etc. Try to learn from people here and elsewhere and once you know a bit more, start trading a demo account with broker of your choosing. Look around, don't rush and treat trading as a business.

Good luck.

Perhaps a fall in the value of the dollar would mean that asset values will eventually increase (inflation or higher cost of imports), So stock values will increase as well since the companies are (or at least own) assets

Cheers for the reply, I understand what you are saying however the way it was spoken about it the FX forum was that the dollar was weak because of the rally in stocks as opposed to the other way round.

T

New to trading

Hello
I am new to trading and doing a lot of work investigating different options. I have come across a Company called Simply Trading Forex ,offering a trading method and training course and was wondering if you or any other experience trader have come across them.
Regards
Patrick

Hi Guys,,, Im looking for a live chat room to participate in... I Live in Australia, but work late and often trade CFD Index's ,,, FTSE and DJI.... overnight

My main method of trading is supps n resist... simple bar reading...

Thank you..

Need some feedback on training for S&P Emini's

Hi Guys:

I am new to this site and having trouble navigating around and doing searches to seek the info I am looking for so I decided to post a message. I hope I can how to get back here if there is any reply's:confused:

I want to learn how to trade the S&P E-mini and I am looking for a good training program's and course/mentorship, books to help me with my goal. Does anyone know of some good training organizations. So far I am considering the following three for different reasons:
1. Todd Mitchell's course
2. David Marsh's Tick Trader E-Mini Day Trader Course
3. John Paul's Day Trade To Win E-Course

Thanks for you time much appreciated. You could also email me if you prefer.
Cheers,
L

I am looking for user experiences with Automated Trading Systems. I read a good thread on the Ninja Trader Forum from which I conclude it is very difficult to develop an Automated Trading System that makes money consistently. Does a comparison of results from commercial systems exist?

Graham Fry

My Thanks For Being Here

I have been looking at this Forex Trading Game for awhile and its true to say that I have found a lot of pitfalls and challenges. Its easy to see how only 10% of traders make any money.
I am not confident of live trading at all, and just when I get some confidence, I fall bang on my butt again.
Is there a difference with broker platform between demo and live account, and to what extent I am wondering. If your managing to get a profit on demo, do you think that this would be a good time to go 'live" There is always this nagging doubt that the broker makes better profit from your trading mistakes and might well want more than just the spread profits.
Are there any really good mentorships out there where you can get good guidence without having to dish out a fortune first, I mean no one would mind paying in return for having a profitable plan would they?
Interesting that all those systems that are touted, hardly without exception, you get no free trial without shelling out first, so it seems obvious that there are very very few good ones around, and if there are, where do you find them? And yes, I'm also aware that ones personal application to a system can vary from person to person but that should be overcome.
Out of all the systems that I have looked at, most that are any good are not from the States and it has the worst performance record, just one in fact the FAP Turbo, two from Europe, and two from the far East. True I may not have had the right exposure, but I do get the impression that there are a lot of quick buck merchants around selling absolute junk in this unregulated minefield.
Just my two cents,
ditpip :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.