How to manage so much information of Forum

I got 1 tb of information on several 500 gig drives.This Information about trading ,testing,methods,systems,results ,performance ,data etc ,this is information I rarely use.Most of it is rubbish.

Justrade, c'mon, are you really serious!? You are really going to keep notes on 2,000 threads with 100 posts each!? Then, after you do that, you expect to be a good trader. We already told you most of everything you see on here is rubbish. Let''s say 95% is. You have notes on 20,000 posts, which means 19,500 of it is rubbish. Now, all of a sudden, with 19,500 notes on rubbish, you expect to begin your journey to trading stardom. You know the old saying, "Rubbish in, rubbish out." That is what you will get in studying rubbish.
You are going to make this so complicated, and you are going to end up with so much garbage in your head, that you never will develop any sound kind of methodology. Trading is about this simple--sell high, and buy low. All you need is the proper combination of indicators and the formulation of the proepr method to work it all to find the highs and the lows. As your name implies, "Just trade."
Okay, so you think this post is part of the 95% rubbish. Then encumber your slef with all that note taking while sitting on the sidelines wishing and hoping to be a traders one of these days.

Hi 4xpipcounter,
I totally agree with what you say. But there is some confusion here. I mentioned about 2000 threads just to give an idea about the Amount of information that I have to feed into the new software and manage that systematically. I never meant to say that I will be saving 2000 threads of T2W. I used those words just to give an idea. :p
To be honest, I do not think there would be more then 100 pages of information that I would be saving from T2W, these days the % rubbish being posted here has crossed all limits.

And the amount of data which I want to save is Really HUGE ! It is not limited to the current forum material. Over the last 4-5 years I have saved a lot of important links and articles in various formats like MS Word files, text files, bookmarks, mind maps, firefox scrapbook addon etc. Now I am thinking about bringing most of this data into one software itself so that it becomes easy to manage and relate to.

Most of the data is already there in my system but in various different formats, as it was collected over a period of more then 5 years. Most of the material is in the form of articles which were interesting for me, from various websites related to trading and other news sites etc. Most of this material has been saved into Firefox Scrapbook "which does not have a good search feature" !
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/427/

it has got many thousand webpages saved inside it !

Now I am thinking about how to save these so many thousand webpages either in One Note or in some other software which gives me the ability to properly categorize this data and if possible then share this complete collection online. A good search feature is a must.

Most of my other data is either saved in Mind maps or in Word files, which will be easy to copy to any new software I think. The real problem is with the database that I have in the scrapbook.

I got 1 tb of information on several 500 gig drives.This Information about trading ,testing,methods,systems,results ,performance ,data etc ,this is information I rarely use.Most of it is rubbish.

There you go.

More important, though, is the time spent on doing all this, instead of trading.

There are many respectable people who, genuinely, prefer researching, posting to trading. I believe that they do not acknowledge that fact and believe that the opposite is true.

Perhaps, it is because they lose less money that way and I am not trying to be ironic.

Enjoyment is an essential part of spending one's time.

There you go.

More important, though, is the time spent on doing all this, instead of trading.

There are many respectable people who, genuinely, prefer researching, posting to trading. I believe that they do not acknowledge that fact and believe that the opposite is true.

Perhaps, it is because they lose less money that way and I am not trying to be ironic.

Enjoyment is an essential part of spending one's time.

The knowledge obtained from the information ,testing and developing systems is useful in the second stage i.e trading.The ones who trade without the knowledge eventually have to gain the knowledge ,they are often forced upon to get the knowledge after severe losses.

Still, let's say you got 100 pages of information. Most of it will be rubbish.
Find some indicators you are happy with. Learn how they operate. Get a good combination together, then practice trading on a demo account. Then. practice some more, and then keep practicing. Stay open to new ideas and worthwhile methodological plans to implement as part of your strategy.
BTW, some good threads to learn to trade on this site, where you can learn a methdology are 3 Ducks with Captain Currency, GBP/USD 123 with Pipmaster, EUR/USD Elliot Wave with Jahdave, and Some of my trades and forecasts, which is mine.
Another free site which has some great learning material is Action Forex.
In other words, justrade, and eventually, you will be a 4xpipcounter. Please laugh at that one. All pun was intended.

Hi 4xpipcounter,
I totally agree with what you say. But there is some confusion here. I mentioned about 2000 threads just to give an idea about the Amount of information that I have to feed into the new software and manage that systematically. I never meant to say that I will be saving 2000 threads of T2W. I used those words just to give an idea. :p
To be honest, I do not think there would be more then 100 pages of information that I would be saving from T2W, these days the % rubbish being posted here has crossed all limits.

There are so many threads on the forum and many times some very important point gets mentioned in a given thread. I instantly feel like making a note of this important point because I think it could be very helpful in my trading and I might need this idea in future.

Which knowledge managing software is best suited for noting down the important points from the forum, as there is so much data, and it becomes impossible to remember, which good point was given in which thread... so how to manage all this in a better way ? If I start to save every webpage of such threads manually then the data becomes huge and it is hard to categorize such data in different segments!

What software or online service "cloud computing etc." could help us in this regard ? I am looking for some solution where I can save this information systematically and easily in just a few seconds. This software should be specifically good for capturing/saving the information from web pages articles and current forum.

How to keep a record of important threads and important posts and to label them, why exactly they are important to me, so that I can easily find and correlate it when I need this information back.

Please post your ideas in this regard.

PS: the default method of thread subscription and favorites is not much helpful in this regard because of the enormous data size.
Its good to be analytical, but this is over the top. IF you try to put all of this into your trading "how can you possibly make a decision"? IF you do it will be WRONG because it will then become trading by "consensus". If you doubt my analysis, do it for a while, and lets see the result.

Its good to be analytical, but this is over the top. IF you try to put all of this into your trading "how can you possibly make a decision"? IF you do it will be WRONG because it will then become trading by "consensus". If you doubt my analysis, do it for a while, and lets see the result.

Some of you guys are getting it wrong. You guys are making an assumption that I am looking to manage all this information for the purpose of making trading decisions ! That is not the case. In this thread, I am not looking for ideas on how to trade well and all other stuff like that, instead I am just asking how to properly manage vast amount of data from various sources on internet. If I was not able to ask my question properly, then I apologize for that.

The data is mostly in the form of articles on various websites. And a lot of it has got nothing to do with trading. I am just looking for various options which can help to manage this kind of internet data.

For most of the articles I am thinking that it is not necessary to save the complete material in my system. If I am able to find a good bookmark manager which provides various options for properly categorizing the bookmarks systematically and keeping them in various folders or segments or tree branch etc. then that will also work well for me, provided I am able to search within the material of those bookmarks through google or an any other search tool. But any typical bookmark manager wont work here, as I am talking about managing a few 1000 bookmarks and not just 100 or 200 bookmarks.

Now please do not start to tell me that keeping 1000 bookmarks will not allow me to take a trading decision. :LOL:

Thanks to all the members who replied to this thread.

Bottom line is you want to trade profitably someday. You are making the whole process to get there too complicated. It will be overkill before you ever develop a system to trade by.
BTW, if there are certain threads on this site you are interested in, you don't even after to worry about "managing" all of it. Just post a comment in a thread that has your interest, and then you will automatically be subscribed, and you will get an e-mail to let you know when someone posted. That is part of the reason I gave you a list of threads to check out. Do you understand? T2W does all the managing for you. If you no longer like the thread, then you can unsubscribe to it and never get another e-mail concerning it.

Some of you guys are getting it wrong. You guys are making an assumption that I am looking to manage all this information for the purpose of making trading decisions ! That is not the case. In this thread, I am not looking for ideas on how to trade well and all other stuff like that, instead I am just asking how to properly manage vast amount of data from various sources on internet. If I was not able to ask my question properly, then I apologize for that.

The data is mostly in the form of articles on various websites. And a lot of it has got nothing to do with trading. I am just looking for various options which can help to manage this kind of internet data.

For most of the articles I am thinking that it is not necessary to save the complete material in my system. If I am able to find a good bookmark manager which provides various options for properly categorizing the bookmarks systematically and keeping them in various folders or segments or tree branch etc. then that will also work well for me, provided I am able to search within the material of those bookmarks through google or an any other search tool. But any typical bookmark manager wont work here, as I am talking about managing a few 1000 bookmarks and not just 100 or 200 bookmarks.

Now please do not start to tell me that keeping 1000 bookmarks will not allow me to take a trading decision. :LOL:

Thanks to all the members who replied to this thread.