Consolidation of Information

TheBramble

Legendary member
The last couple of weeks has seen an immense amount of information exchanged in this forum and even more so during the live trading room sessions.

In an attempt for me to deal with what has been at times an overwhelming number of new ideas, issues and technicalities I have been busy taking notes and cut & pasting from the various forum threads.

In order to synthesise all this information into something which I can effectively use to trade as intuitively as some of you clearly do already, I've cobbled together the attached file.

If you could perhaps take a look at them and let me know where I'm 'off track' and just plain wrong - I'd really appreciate it. I'm particularly interested in comments on those areas I've marked in bold "N.B ." - as there are things which I know I don't know what I'm talking about.

Virtually all of this material has been pioneered by Grey1, with Paul (trader333) actively supporting us along the way. Thanks to all the other 'core team' who participate on a regular basis and to whom I am equally indebted.

Attachments

• advanced systems and methodologies.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 79
...and the spreadsheet that goes with it...

Attachments

• grey1 position ans stoploss calcs.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 46
Tony,

I have read through your attachment and it is probably best for Grey1 to respond first and then I will add where appropriate.

Paul

Bramble - I assume u r talking about 50 pts on INDU when u classify the mrkt as trending or not. If I am wrong - disregard this msg :)

To me - at 10:30 after the 1st hour of trading - a trending mrkt is one of 2 things:

- EIGTHER Comp and NDX r >0.5% move, whilst Dow and SPX r < 0.5% move (AT 10:30)

- OR Dow and SPX moved more than 0.5% BUT Comp/Dow and NDX/SPX internals r more than 2:1.

I personally think that FOR TREND DEFINITION say Dow moving 60 pts by 10:30 is useless unless u know where Comp is.

Yes CW - I was referring to the DJ (INDU) being +/-50 as an indicator of market 'state'.

Paul - thanks for reading the notes - and my apologies to you and any others who have done so. I've just had another look at them myself and they're a real shambles.