Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Hello, I'm an absolute newcomer to investing or trading (whatever that means).

I've done a few Google's and I'm can't seem to come up with a clear answer: WHAT DOES "SELL" MEAN?

I understand the buying part, that's the investment. But I'm wondering WTF is selling? I have a few guestimates, let me know if any are right or correct me altogether: Does selling mean that you essentially cancel your investment for a refund which includes any extra gains or losses? Does it mean something like transferring your investment to another entity of some sort? If so, then how do you claim your profit? Furthermore if you are happy with your profit gains and want to get your profit, does this include the original money you deposited as well?

What is the meaning of a "share" and a "trade"? I'm looking to get started soon, so anybody who can fill in the blanks may save me some money! thanks! from Levi in Cali

What is the meaning of a "share" and a "trade"? I'm looking to get started soon, so anybody who can fill in the blanks may save me some money! thanks! from Levi in Cali
Hi Levi,
Welcome to T2W.

When you joined the forum, you were sent a welcome e-mail with some links in it. Please follow those and all your questions will be answered. This thread isn't the appropriate place to address your questions as it's aimed at traders who are familiar with the basics and wish to discuss the particular methodology employed by Mr. Charts.

If you can't find the email, click on the second link in my signature. Additionally, check out this Sticky: Essentials Of Stocks Once you've read all that, if you're still stuck, feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll do my best to help you.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Here's one from my pre-market alerts where I used this particular method,
ACHN +50c per share.

Trends often change, reverse, consolidate, whatever, and although I prefer stocks which have trended since open, if the change is obvious I'll take advantage of that.

ACHN moved down on open then reversed. I could have got in earlier but you can't be aware of everything all of the time ! :)

Attachments

• 221214ACHN.png
    221214ACHN.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 232
You're obviously reading my open site or twitter.
RIG was alerted on the basis of my years of experience and background understanding of the current market situation.

You're obviously reading my open site or twitter.
RIG was alerted on the basis of my years of experience and background understanding of the current market situation.
It looks like it is really "years of experience", because i cant to watch news stocks and scan for movers simultaneously and find such good stocks like RIG.

It looks like it is really "years of experience", because i cant to watch news stocks and scan for movers simultaneously and find such good stocks like RIG.

As far as years of experience goes that obviously plays a part, but as for watching stocks and scanning are concerned it really isn't all that difficult. I'm not only doing that but trading as well AND posting LIVE on my private alert and comments site.
It's something you do get the hang of with practice and experience, like so much else in life. In many ways it's analogous to driving a car. You multi-task, controlling three pedals (in a manual car) speed, braking, gears, direction, manoeuvring, positioning, signalling, reading the road signs, watching other road users, knowing the Highway Code, stopping distances and anticipating what is likely to happen next and so on. If you had never been in a car in your life and someone told you that you had to do all of that and make decisions then execute those decisions, you might well think it all impossible. After learning exactly what to do and when and gaining some experience and topped with a modicum of judgment, you could drive.
Same with trading.
I wish you the best.

Hi Richard,

I just ran across your thread... really interesting. I wanted to ask you a couple of question if I may?

1) I went back about 5 pages, and saw the charts posted. I see they are mostly 1 minute charts. What happens that causes you to switch to a 3 minute chart?

2) Referring to a long trade, on your entry are you using a Limit or Market order, or are you setting a Buy-Stop just above resistance?

Thanks,
Rockford

Hi Richard,

I just ran across your thread... really interesting. I wanted to ask you a couple of question if I may?

1) I went back about 5 pages, and saw the charts posted. I see they are mostly 1 minute charts. What happens that causes you to switch to a 3 minute chart?

2) Referring to a long trade, on your entry are you using a Limit or Market order, or are you setting a Buy-Stop just above resistance?

Thanks,
Rockford

1) I have both 1 min and 3 min charts up and normally go for the cleaner of the two.

2) Usually market orders.
"are you setting a Buy-Stop just above resistance?"
I don't trade like that as is evident throughout the thread, but then if you haven't read it you wouldn't know that :)

Happy Holidays to everyone who reads this thread.
Richard

1) I have both 1 min and 3 min charts up and normally go for the cleaner of the two.

2) Usually market orders.
"are you setting a Buy-Stop just above resistance?"
I don't trade like that as is evident throughout the thread, but then if you haven't read it you wouldn't know that :)

Happy Holidays to everyone who reads this thread.
Richard

Hi, thanks for getting back with me.

I just ran across your thread yesterday. My post to you was my first post on this forum. I read the first few pages and the last 5, it's got to be the largest thread I've ever seen. :)

I hope you can point me to the pages where you talk about your entry. Looking at your charts, it looks like a breakout strategy and what I've seen I really like.

Merry Chistmas and Happy Holidays to you.

. . . I hope you can point me to the pages where you talk about your entry. Looking at your charts, it looks like a breakout strategy and what I've seen I really like.
Hi Rockford,
Welcome to T2W.

Check out this edited version of Mr. Charts' thread: Best Thread: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. All the off-topic content has been removed, leaving just the nitty gritty. If you want to post questions etc. about the methodology, you'll have to do it here in this thread, as the [Best Thread] is closed.
Tim.

Hoi Tim !!!

What are you doing on t2w on Xmas day?!

and even worse, what am I doing here ?!

Happy Holidays,
Richard

Of course, if you've nothing better to do.....ha ha, you could spend the day updating that edited thread, there's so much additional material which I think/hope someone would find helpful/interesting....it's been years since you did that :LOL: :cheers:

Hi Rockford,
Welcome to T2W.

Check out this edited version of Mr. Charts' thread: Best Thread: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. All the off-topic content has been removed, leaving just the nitty gritty. If you want to post questions etc. about the methodology, you'll have to do it here in this thread, as the [Best Thread] is closed.
Tim.

Hi Timsk, thanks, I appreciate it.

Have a nice holiday.

Daily chart

Mr Chart , are you running any trading thread based on Daily chart ? please post link if you have any.

What I see you use 1 min chart and so I am uncomfortable .

Can anybody please post link of few popular trading threads based on daily chart in this forum ?

Hi Rockford, good to have a polite contributor :)
Richard

Hi Mr. Charts,

I've been called a lot of things, I don't ever remember being called polite. :LOL:

1) I've looked over most all of your charts and post, and I think I'm seeing a distinct candle formation prior to your entry, but out of respect to your thread and business I'd rather have you tell me?

2) I primarily trade in my afternoon, your evening, from about 1pm EST. I'm interested in your alert service.

Thanks,
Rockford

Hi Mr. Charts,

I thought I saw on some of your charts, an inside candle prior to your entries, but maybe that's insignificant on a 1 minute time frame, what do you think?

Also, don't think I was being a smart guy on my previous post, when I said... "I'd rather have you tell me". I just see so many people in forums act like they know it all, and I didn't want to come off that way.

Your thread is fantastic, and the way you use ATR has really helped me. It's taken away a lot of fear when entering a trade.

Like I said in my earlier post, do you think your alerts would be worthwhile considering I just trade in the afternoon EST. for now?

Thanks,
Rockford