Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Mr charts, first 30 min there are enough oppotunities to trade. There are news stock and stocks we can find by scanner. For a example i find some stocks that can setup. I opened them in level 2 with chart. Sometimes i can have 3-5 stocks on my screen. But it is difficult to watch all of them.
There are moment i need to watch tape of 2-3 stocks, beacause they can go up/down straight now, but it is very difficult to wath them at a time.
How many stocks do you watch at a time and open in level2 and chart?
Do you humour to watch tape and chart of 2-3 stocks at a time?

Last edited:
Mr charts, first 30 min there are enough oppotunities to trade. There are news stock and stocks we can find by scanner. For a example i find some stocks that can setup. I opened them in level 2 with chart. Sometimes i can have 3-5 stocks on my screen. But it is difficult to watch all of them.
There are moment i need to watch tape of 2-3 stocks, beacause they can go up/down straight now, but it is very difficult to wath them at a time.
How many stocks do you watch at a time and open in level2 and chart?
Do you humour to watch tape and chart of 2-3 stocks at a time?

The details of my screen set ups and monitoring methods are beyond the scope of this thread, but I have a quote screen with everything on my alert list plus some other indices I watch.
I also have a monitor with 16 stock charts on it.
I only watch one L1/2 at a time, unless they are slow moving stocks when I might watch more. I know when a stock is approaching one of my key levels and then focus in on L1/2 T&S for that stock.

I have no idea what your last sentence means, I'm afraid.

I have a quote screen with everything on my alert list plus some other indices I watch.
I also have a monitor with 16 stock charts on it.
I have some stock charts on my notebook too. but on my main desktop i have 6 level2 with chart and choose stocks that looks like can continue go up/down at the moment. Because very often when there are 2-3 stocks that looks good and can continue trend and it is difficult to choose one stock to trade. But if first i would place them on my charts on notebook and than choose one from these stocks, than place that on level2 to trade i wouldnot have enought time to make trade and it would go up without me.
before i thought you had some level2 with charts too on your screen! dont you have?

I have some stock charts on my notebook too. but on my main desktop i have 6 level2 with chart and choose stocks that looks like can continue go up/down at the moment. Because very often when there are 2-3 stocks that looks good and can continue trend and it is difficult to choose one stock to trade. But if first i would place them on my charts on notebook and than choose one from these stocks, than place that on level2 to trade i wouldnot have enought time to make trade and it would go up without me.
before i thought you had some level2 with charts too on your screen! dont you have?

My particular methodology of "reading the tape" involving my key levels, depth of market, reading pressures and momentum is, as I said very early on, beyond the scope of this thread.

I don't expect to catch every move on my alert list.

i didnt ask about "reading the tape", momentum ...."
But thanks, i understand
My particular methodology of "reading the tape" involving my key levels, depth of market, reading pressures and momentum is, as I said very early on, beyond the scope of this thread.

i didnt ask about "reading the tape", momentum ...."
But thanks, i understand

I normally have anything up to about 20 stocks on my alert list, but usually end up concentrating on about six which are moving well. Inevitably I do miss some moves but personally would find it too much having L1/2 open on six stocks simultaneously as it would be information overload. I prefer to be looking at more stocks then zero in on one or two of the most promising.
Organising stocks into which are the most promising to trigger one of my set ups at my key levels is a major factor in my trading. A minor part of that is to winnow out stocks from the alerts I give to reduce the size of the watch list and facilitate more to be added from scans during market hours. In other words, it's a dynamic process.

Six trades today, two using this method both on GPRO - a pre-market alert.

The second falling candle trade failed and I lost 13c per share, but the first was enough to sort out the cost of Christmas with a juicy gain of 116c per share :)
For 2000 shares that's $2320, for 1000 shares that's $1160, for 500 shares it's $580 and pro rata for smaller or bigger position sizes of course.

Not the best of entries time wise, but I'm not complaining :)

The point is that if you miss the best entry but the price is still running, take it. There is always a tendency to feel it must surely reverse, and of course it might, but use tight stops in a trending stock and you have the probability of profit on your side.

Attachments

• 111214GPRO.png
    111214GPRO.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 250
One of the ETFs I always alert and watch is TQQQ, which is a geared share version of the Nasdaq. Sometimes it rushes out from the open in one direction and today it produced this rising candles method and I grabbed a chunk of it, a very juicy 126c per share.
It's always worth keeping an eye on.

Attachments

• 121214TQQQ.png
    121214TQQQ.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 252
I have usually avoided trading UK stocks in the US, especially during UK market hours because of arbitrage trades, but more recently I've noticed more opportunities arising. If things change you must adapt to the new situation but the underlying principles remain unchanged.
AZN was a stock I alerted pre-market and it rose sharply immediately on open. Nothing frenetic, just clear steady rising candles for a bread and butter gain of 25c per share.
Seven trades today, two small losers, four bread and butter winners and one very large gain shorting the unfortunately named ISIS, but that was with a different method.

Attachments

• 151214AZN.png
    151214AZN.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 199
Really nice and simple thread Mr.Charts..Thank you :)

From my experience, once you can avoid fear and greed while finding the right balance between passive and aggressive trading, you can profit from the market.

Today did you alert stocks OPK and CALA pre-market?

Yes.

I alert some stocks with news stories and some gappers pre-market, plus some others which I choose on the basis of my experiences having traded full time for 14 years. I do also obviously filter out quite a few again based on experience, liquidity, spreads etc.

I obviously also scan during market hours to produce more alerts.

A funny old day today, gapping then wandering around, almost a gap and cr*p day on the face of it, but there were plenty of opportunities. I traded 11 times, three small losers, one small winner, one big winner and six bread and butter winning trades. Most used some of my other methods, but LINE used the one on this thread.
+38c per share.

Attachments

• 181214LINE.png
    181214LINE.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 234
...having traded full time for 14 years...
Mr C
Has it really been this long? I recall reading that you were formerly a dentist (or was it pharmacist?).

Do you mind sharing the pros & cons of your current occupation in relation to your past practice? Rgds