Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

And by the way, I do not accept payment from any organisation or web site I write for, nor do I endorse anyone's product or get kick backs etc.

And by the way, I do not accept payment from any organisation or web site I write for, nor do I endorse anyone's product or get kick backs etc.

Good article Richard. Summarises well what this thread is about.

Strange how E-Signal asked you to do an article just after you left them. Or did you go back? TWS alone is not very friendly i must admit.

Coop

Thanks Amit, Steve and Coopster.
No, I haven't gone back to them :)
IB charts are a bit clunky, but nothing you can't get around.
Richard

Last edited:
stasbz - In case it helps you, I pay 0.5 cent per share so this is 50c per 100 shares. I guess that Richard pays no more than me!

Cheers
Steve
Maybe Richard pays less? But he doesnot answer my question. I think it is because of i ask key questions about his traiding! He is british. For me pleasure to talk with americans. they are more open.
P.S. i am from Russia.

Maybe Richard pays less? But he doesnot answer my question. I think it is because of i ask key questions about his traiding! He is british. For me pleasure to talk with americans. they are more open.
P.S. i am from Russia.

stasbz, IB has two pricing plans, "flat rate" and "cost plus". You can choose the one that works best for you. For "flat rate" commission is always 50c per 100 shares. For "cost plus" commission varies based on your monthly trade volume (discount for >= 300,000 shares traded per month) and the order type (limit order is cheaper than market order).

I've been asked by eSignal to write some articles for them.
This is the first. Perhaps someone here might find some useful ideas in it.
Richard

eSignal Learning: A Technique of Richard Joyson's for Using the eSignal Market Scanners to Trade in All Market Conditions

A nice article MC. Basically summarizes the main points in this whole thread. Just an observation, no mention/explanation of how you fine-tune your entries/exits using L2 and T&S. Just one question if you do not mind, which futures do you monitor for market direction? Cheers

Dan

Dan,
Thanks.
No, I'm not discussing how exactly I use L2 T&S to fine tune entry or exit, trigger or exclude a potential trade, either here or in any future eSignal article or on any public site.

You can use the QQQ, SPY or DIA for general market direction, depending on the stock.
Hope that helps,
Richard

stasbz, IB has two pricing plans, "flat rate" and "cost plus". You can choose the one that works best for you. For "flat rate" commission is always 50c per 100 shares. For "cost plus" commission varies based on your monthly trade volume (discount for >= 300,000 shares traded per month) and the order type (limit order is cheaper than market order).
Thanks.

Here's one of a few from today.
The trend down was not as clear as I normally like, but that slipping down appearance just before entry often heralds a waterfall.
Look at those dojis 3rd and 4th candles (3 min candles) from the end; if the second doji had taken out the high of the previous candle I'd have exited for a smaller profit- but it didn't.
+63c profit per candle.
Richard

Attachments

• 171111BRCM.GIF
    171111BRCM.GIF
    11.1 KB · Views: 355
Here's one of a few from today.
The trend down was not as clear as I normally like, but that slipping down appearance just before entry often heralds a waterfall.
Look at those dojis 3rd and 4th candles (3 min candles) from the end; if the second doji had taken out the high of the previous candle I'd have exited for a smaller profit- but it didn't.
+63c profit per candle.
Richard
why do you choose to trade BRCM?