Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I found CNX on a scanner; it would have been better if I'd run it a bit earlier and got the big move !
I don't hope or wish whilst trading; if the method says exit, then I exit regardless of just having a tiny gain.

Attachments

• 221211CNX.GIF
    221211CNX.GIF
    10.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Again, this is what happened later. Obviously out at the right time. That doesn't mean to say you are going to be right every time, but in my experience this approach works far more often than it doesn't ! And it always limits any losses.

Attachments

• 221211CNXwhat happened after exit.GIF
    221211CNXwhat happened after exit.GIF
    11.4 KB · Views: 254
Here's one using the modified method to catch reversals.
One of my current favourites (FAS and FAZ)
+96c per share
Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone reading this. Yes, everyone ! :)
Richard

Attachments

• 221211FAS.GIF
    221211FAS.GIF
    10.7 KB · Views: 344
These methods just keep on working because they make market sense when you think about them.......strong move, pause, continues, not rocket science.....tight stop for the inevitable occasions they don't work for unknowable reasons......you cannot know with certainty in the markets....it's a probability business.
Here's one from today NRG +42c per share.
How did I find it? Simple scanner.
Richard

Attachments

• 230112NRG.GIF
    230112NRG.GIF
    9.5 KB · Views: 277
These methods just keep on working because they make market sense when you think about them.......strong move, pause, continues, not rocket science.....tight stop for the inevitable occasions they don't work for unknowable reasons......you cannot know with certainty in the markets....it's a probability business.
Here's one from today NRG +42c per share.
How did I find it? Simple scanner.
Richard

Hi Richard.

Nice trade. I am glad you posted this one because it made me think about why it might not appear on my scan setting. I use 'biggest % gain' as my base filter but, of course, I guess this is based on the previous day's close so this includes stocks that open gap up. I will try changing the base scan to 'biggest % gain from OPEN' because perhaps this is based on the true opening trade price.

Thanks Again
Steve

Thanks for your positive comments and messages, guys.

evostik.
I alerted this stock to my members at 2:37:36 pm UK time, four minutes before the break out.
I'll email you tomorrow with the scanner details, I haven't got time now as I'm going off for the day shortly.
Best wishes,
Richard

Thanks for your positive comments and messages, guys.

evostik.
I alerted this stock to my members at 2:37:36 pm UK time, four minutes before the break out.
I'll email you tomorrow with the scanner details, I haven't got time now as I'm going off for the day shortly.
Best wishes,
Richard

Richard
That would be great of you - thanks again.
Steve

My pleasure, Steve.
You now have email :)
Best wishes,
Richard

Hi Richard

Just to let you know I used your scan ideas you emailed me early today. I made 4 trades; two losers on HGSI (bad choice with hindsight) and winners on STJ and ELN. Net profitable. All four were LONGs (my comfort zone) which maybe not a great idea with the market bearish! Anyway, all trades followed your methodology outlined in this thread.

Thanks
Steve

Great stuff, evostik :)
My best one today using this falling/rising candle method was AAPL which gave me 282 cents per share. I'll email the screen grab and the explanation to you shortly.
Richard

Hello Mr Charts
I would like to know how to make money trading the markets (I like the thread title).
How much do you charge for the subscription? Also if you offer a trial period and for how long?
What about success rate and how long have you been using your way of trading profitably?
Do you have a track record with the equity curve for at least 2 years?
I hope you don't mind all the questions.
Regards
ZA

PS Can I use 'how to make money' on a spread betting account?

HI Mr Charts, in earlier post you said you had stopped using the Esignal Scanner,what scanner are you now using?

Last edited:
Zen,
Info on my web site.
And yes, I have several members who make money spread betting.

dojistar,
I'm using the IB scanner; sorry I thought I mentioned that in a post. It's a simple scanner but I stopped eSignal six months ago and find the IB one more than enough. I might try trade-ideas at some point, but I'm one for thinking if it ain't broke and it works very well, don't mess with it. I'm doing just as well as when I used eSignal turbo scanner :)
Richard

[youtubeREWARDS for FAILURE -- Bailouts - YouTube[/url]

i always look forward to hitting the link in my email on "Reply to thread 'How To Make Money Trading The Markets.'‏"

except this wanna-be psuedo David Letterman........ same ole diatribe.......

mods.....

Zen,
Info on my web site.
And yes, I have several members who make money spread betting.

dojistar,
I'm using the IB scanner; sorry I thought I mentioned that in a post. It's a simple scanner but I stopped eSignal six months ago and find the IB one more than enough. I might try trade-ideas at some point, but I'm one for thinking if it ain't broke and it works very well, don't mess with it. I'm doing just as well as when I used eSignal turbo scanner :)
Richard

HI Richard,Thanks for your reply. The trade-idea's scanner looks good. I have tested it out on the demo and am going to subscribe and test it out in real time. Great thread by the way.

Hi

Just for the benefit of those studying the method outlined by Mr Charts here, take a look at PLCM as it broke the high of the day just above the previous day's high. Without L2 it still delivered a decent risk multiple; over 3:1 anyways.

Cheers
Steve

Hi

Just for the benefit of those studying the method outlined by Mr Charts here, take a look at PLCM as it broke the high of the day just above the previous day's high. Without L2 it still delivered a decent risk multiple; over 3:1 anyways.

Cheers
Steve

PLCM made a nice move. VPRT was one I found earlier that also made a nice move.