How To Lose Money Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
Jacinto, do you not see what is happening.

I am trying to hold a decent discussion, with some rules for all to abide by, and I have already stated the purpose of the thread, and why I am doing what I am doing.

We must be fair to all - all have the right to participate - always.

Thank You.

I do see what is happening. Your initial question is fair and valid. The answers have been all good, and all valid (you know which ones I mean).

So far, this is not a discussion. A discussion is the exchange of ideas, and not trying to guess what is in your mind. The real question is if this thread is about your ego, rather than adults discussing a topic and reaching a conclusion together for the benefit of all.

So, go on, ban me on this post if your ego is so large so as to process this objective criticism.

My position is valid and fair, and unless you manage this thread adequately, it risks becoming a waste of time.

Regards,

Jacinto

PS....9 pages and counting ;)

Glenn said:
One of these quotes of yours from within the past 2 months?
Ban yourself if you don't like them.

"The purpose is to try and enforce (into my thick head) how important it is to know what the trend direction is"

"For some unknown reason - I seem to take trades in the opposite direction to the current trend -why, I never can really explain - but I always get caught when I do!"

"Lost about 60 points on the YM today - will post details tomorrow as I may wipe all posts and start from scratch."

"We tend to forget at times - me especially - that you must first have the basics right before you can move on."

"So, back to basics, and the first lesson, which I had to re-learn toady, is:
ALWAYS TRADE WITH THE TREND - NOT AGAINST IT"

"I will leave the posts, even though some are pure crap."

"This thread will be for discussing trading the Mini Dow YM Futures only." -
"So, how do you go about deciding to enter / exit a trade in the YM?"

"PS: Apologies to Grey1 for using him as an example - but he is the only trader that I have seen to date who can do what he does.

"I hate this type of trading -really -no wonder so many here are so frustrated"

Glenn

Yes, and thank you for that, it is nice to look back on the silly things that we do.

My YM trading was clearly explained to all -it was something I took on, and if my memory serves me correct, I called it a challenge, with all the odds against me, which I stated many times, with 1 screen, a web based order entry with IB (which is crap, btw), and limited access to charts, and that means that I was using the Dow chart to trade the YM Futures, which is ok together, but not good at all, on its own.

However, my challenge was cut short after $500, for I may be a Paddy, but I am not a stupid Paddy, and I know when not to back a losing horse, especially when the odds are stacked against you.

Also, I learned a lot from that exercise, and discovered some little gems that have allowed me to trade the DOW stocks very well.

Go over and look at the Buy & Sell thread that I started - I thing the stock was AXP, but I am not sure, for I only care about the charts, not the symbols or their names.

In relation to Grey1, my opinion on that has slightly changed, and this change was the result of a personal experience.

Now, I will not comment any further on Grey1, for I have not looked at his trades in yonks, but I will shortly, for I am not that keen on allowing maths to control the risk at all times, I much prefer to use the eyes and the brain in unison, for there are many things in a chart that a computer will never see.

As for banning myself, I have done that already.

Thank You - that was a good post.

andycan said:
How about giving your money to people who claim they can trade but in reality they haven't got a clue

Whilst this is very valid, and is why I adopted the title CYOF, this is not the answer that is in line with my view.

Thank you Andy.

CYOF said:
I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please address the question at hand, or suffer the consequences.

Question:

What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game :?:

Ok.

Good luck with the thread. Could turn out to be a real interesting one.

Sincerely.

jacinto said:
I do see what is happening. Your initial question is fair and valid. The answers have been all good, and all valid (you know which ones I mean).

So far, this is not a discussion. A discussion is the exchange of ideas, and not trying to guess what is in your mind. The real question is if this thread is about your ego, rather than adults discussing a topic and reaching a conclusion together for the benefit of all.

So, go on, ban me on this post if your ego is so large so as to process this objective criticism.

My position is valid and fair, and unless you manage this thread adequately, it risks becoming a waste of time.

Regards,

Jacinto

PS....9 pages and counting ;)

Jacinto,

No, this is not correct.

In line with Zu's post, I will refrain from words of philosophical wisdom, even though I am tempted at every post, but a discussion is about learning, and the means by which one learns is of no real matter, it is the outcome that matters, as in trading, all that matters is the results.

Let us not judge without completing the thread, and this question is only the first, for the topic of Losing Money is very important, very important indeed, and mush more important that discussing the winning of money.

You do not have to worry about been banned, for your behaviour is clear for all to see.

Thank You.

CYOF said:
What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game

Are you thinking of some specific trading style, for example scalping ?

regards
zu

CYOF said:
Jacinto,

No, this is not correct.

but a discussion is about learning, and the means by which one learns is of no real matter, it is the outcome that matters

Let us not judge without completing the thread,

You do not have to worry about been banned, for your behaviour is clear for all to see.

Thank You.

sorry, but completely disagree with you.

1) this is not a discussion
2) you are not a teacher
3) please send me a PM when you reach your conclusion. dont want to read 120 pages of it.

our only agreement is
4) I dont worry about being banned, because I am not being agressive or spoiling your thread, I am simply being practical, and inquisitive.

and I still think this is about your ego.

zupcon said:
Are you thinking of some specific trading style, for example scalping ?

regards
zu

Zu, I must run, but please do keep up the good work.

Whilst scalping requires detailed attention, due to the nature of the micro market movements under observation, my question is in relation to any trade in any market.

I hope this clears up your question.

Question:

What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game :?:

Thank You.

follow the masses...

I'm getting bored now, I think I'll come back when the thread is finished to see the answer

jacinto said:

2) you are not a teacher
3) please send me a PM when you reach your conclusion. dont want to read 120 pages of it.

our only agreement is
4) I dont worry about being banned, because I am not being agressive or spoiling your thread, I am simply being practical, and inquisitive.

and I still think this is about your ego.

Jacinto, again you are wrong in your opinion of me, but that is your choice.

Thank you for your participation, it was good when it lasted.

Regards,

Good post

jacinto said:

2) you are not a teacher

our only agreement is

Priceman said:
follow the masses...

I'm getting bored now, I think I'll come back when the thread is finished to see the answer

That is also your choice, and as I have now answered all posts, i think, I will leave you all to post some answers.

Time permitting, I will check in later.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,

are we waiting for all 60,000 members to answer before we can move on ?

chump said:
"identifying the players" is about recognising the footprints of the smart money who hold the B.O.P. and not trading against them as they determine the trend.

Is this thread about being 'played'?

CYOF said:
That is also your choice, and as I have now answered all posts, i think, I will leave you all to post some answers.

Time permitting, I will check in later.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,
the fastest i,ve ever lost money was when i was sure where the mrkt was going and wrong ,and held on to my position for a bigger and bigger loss,so the fastest way to lose money is to believe you know the mrkt and ride your losses

OK maybe ? this is better.

Pole is me , straight up :!: ,the pole has no brother beside heaven :idea: ,nor sister beside hell :idea: , do not rush up to heaven's brother :!: else ye be visiting sister's in hell :!: . :idea:

That is the quickest way to lose :p

Discuss. no, think :idea: for to be told 2+2= T,no W , no A, noT aint no good for the soul :idea: :idea: :?:

The wonderfuls of Dutch Mind Control.

Okays we now entering the realms of the dutch mind controls the wonderfuls tecniques me and my goods friend henks buiilds to help us all find the answers to all lthe lifes questions by investigatin or the knowings that the often times in the questions we say what is its with in itselfs?

As an examples of which is now heres belows, thus

we take this questions, quickest ways to losing ?

we now apply using the wonderfuls of dutch mind controls techniques instantly becomes the knowings thus below this is the beings slowest unplanned route from the win.

This is very powerfuls techniques and always gives the answers which is in itself. :idea:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.