How To Lose Money Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
dc2000 said:
My answer would be the same as Trendies for the first part trading large size on a small account

2nd would be trading with Stops

Is your 2nd a typo? Surely you mean trading without stops, don't you?

chump said:
LOL...trade on the basis of theoretical understanding of what is said to be 'correct' trading as opposed to trading through the knowledge acquired by data gathering an analysis of what actually happens in trading the markets. I'm only really rephrasing my former answer ,but perhaps with a little more clarity.

Again, your answer is close to my view, but the answer is still No.

To re-state, I have a view, not an opinion, and this is very important, as not so long ago, it came up during a discussion, that, the following may be taken as such:

An Opinion - based on what you have seen and heard from others - Inspiration

A View - based on a conscious awareness from your own experiences - Art

Now, forget about the textbook meaning of these words, for I have not the time nor the interest in looking them up, and, the real question is:

Do they make sense in relation to what we are discussing, and more importantly, in relation to the question at hand:

What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game :?:

CYOF said:
Your first chance is gone also.

That really made my day, very funny :LOL:

CYOF, I will tell you why I am sure it is going to be an anticlimax and I really mean this, no offence.

I will expect the following not to be an anticlimax:

1- Someone of Paul Tudor Jonse's calibre, say, asks this question and then waits to see what other people say and he tells us he will reveal what he thinks at some point. That will almost certainly not be an anticlimax

2- Someone who doesn't have a proven track record of posting very long articles on a BB but has some proven track record of winning in the market does like Paul above. That may not turn out to be anti climax.

Having said that, I am pretty sure no one is gonna come up with something we have never heard on this thread. I am prepared to be quoted, named and shamed on this. I guarantee what you will say, if ever, is going to be an anticlimax.

Now, why would you think I should be banned for that?

Excuse me as I have some business to attend to, but please do post your answers to the question, and abide by the rules.

Thank You.

CYOF said:
We said no detracting, analogies, riddles or insults.

Two down and 1 chance to go.

Who is we? I gave my answer in the form of a question?

If you want to censor replies, what words and how should they be written in response to your own question ?

Why have I lost 2 chances? is one for my answer that contained a question & because you couldnt see the answer as an answer to your question to which you then answered me " I dont know" which is the correct answer to my question (but you dont know it) which was my answer to your question. Because of this truth im targeted ?

What insult have I dished out ? If anything I should be the one suggesting insults :?:

counter_violent said:
Barjon ...I'm not sure why my first 3 posts were deleted..all valid posts IMHO...."gurus"..."wannabe gurus" and "unqualified" to comment on the writings of others ....where is the problem ?

no real problem, cv - i was just doing my best to keep the thread clear of possible blue touchpapers. looks like i was wasting my time from the latest series of posts :cry:

jon

Q) What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game ?

A) To not be in full control of yourself!

Because without that, all else will fail.

DT imho

CYOF

your question does it apply to experienced traders or newbies?
both parties can lose everything but im pretty sure the reasons would be very different for each one

OK back to basics....

"The trend is your friend"

trading against the market will kill you quicker than this thread! I hope I haven't used up one of my lives! ;)

One of these quotes of yours from within the past 2 months?
Ban yourself if you don't like them.

"The purpose is to try and enforce (into my thick head) how important it is to know what the trend direction is"

"For some unknown reason - I seem to take trades in the opposite direction to the current trend -why, I never can really explain - but I always get caught when I do!"

"Lost about 60 points on the YM today - will post details tomorrow as I may wipe all posts and start from scratch."

"We tend to forget at times - me especially - that you must first have the basics right before you can move on."

"So, back to basics, and the first lesson, which I had to re-learn toady, is:
ALWAYS TRADE WITH THE TREND - NOT AGAINST IT"

"I will leave the posts, even though some are pure crap."

"This thread will be for discussing trading the Mini Dow YM Futures only." -
"So, how do you go about deciding to enter / exit a trade in the YM?"

"PS: Apologies to Grey1 for using him as an example - but he is the only trader that I have seen to date who can do what he does.

"I hate this type of trading -really -no wonder so many here are so frustrated"

Glenn

How about giving your money to people who claim they can trade but in reality they haven't got a clue

No riddles, analogies, rudeness, off topic posts, etc, just some normal discussion please.

I think you may struggle to keep the thread on topic as its a very general question and as such may have a multitude of correct answers some of which the readers may wish expanded upon

by the way my earlier post was not meant to be rude just a little light hearted relief there seemed to be a lot of large posts informing posters how many chances they had left I could feel Barjon in the wings with the big hatchet

darktone said:
Q) What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game ?

A) To not be in full control of yourself!

Because without that, all else will fail.

DT imho

Thank you DT.

Your answer is very appropriate to trading, and is very very important, but, it is not in line with my view in relation to the question at hand.

I know the answer.

It's when you accidentally wire your start-up funds to the wrong place, and are unable to get them back.

That's a 100% loss, with not a single trade placed!!!

I declare myself the Official Winner of this thread. I would like to thank CYOF, for making all this possible, Socrates, for making CYOF possible, and, of course the big guy himself, God, for making Socrates such a space cadet.

Thank you and goodnight.

andycan said:
CYOF

your question does it apply to experienced traders or newbies?
both parties can lose everything but im pretty sure the reasons would be very different for each one

Andy,

Any trade that is placed by any person in any market.

Does this answer your question?

Thank You.

Priceman said:
OK back to basics....

"The trend is your friend"

trading against the market will kill you quicker than this thread! I hope I haven't used up one of my lives! ;)

No - but you are close, and your hoping saved you, this time.

Whilst the trend is indeed your friend, and this is very very important, there is one thing that is certain to lose your money, every time, if you are not aware of it.

This statement is too general - so the answer is still No.

Question:

Status
Not open for further replies.