How do you recover from a £25,000 loss....

Mate ... what's your obsession about fx .... that goes for trading anything!

You need to manage your risk a lot better. To loose 25K it sounds like you got a bit cocky or even worse greedy. FX is about taking the emotion out of trading. Know when to quit is the biggest attribute you can hold as a FX trader.

I always take 50% off of winning trades.

So if I take $5,000 to $10,000 in a month. I am taking $2500 off and putting $7500 in the account to trade.

So if you followed this rule you would have at least 7500 pounds in the bank and not in the trading account.

I learnt this from Jesse Livermores book and has served me well.

thx hoggums (and the others who reported it) - you shouldn't see him again

I always take 50% off of winning trades.

So if I take $5,000 to $10,000 in a month. I am taking $2500 off and putting $7500 in the account to trade.

So if you followed this rule you would have at least 7500 pounds in the bank and not in the trading account.

I learnt this from Jesse Livermores book and has served me well.

So every winning trade, you put 50% in the bank.

What do you do when you have a loser?

So every winning trade, you put 50% in the bank.

What do you do when you have a loser?

if you have a winning month take X percent out
if you have a month were you loose X percent part way through you turn computer off and take time off
if you drop X percent in the month (loosing month)take a week off and re-evaluate
something like that I seem to remember

So you are suggesting mrfigures' SB firm offered a discount on the DAX's actual level just in case he might be screenwatching and just in case he would then take fright and close his position, and all the while hoping other traders by the score would not go long on this suddent irrational mis-pricing opportunity?

I might be wrong and I am sure Tony will correct me but I think this is how TheBramble says he trades.

I won;t believe this SB price fixing hogwash until the evidence emerges - which should be easy surely? Surely all it would to catch them out take would be 2 charts side by side, one from the SB, the other showing the underlying - spot the difference and ring the SFA to collect your prize.
It's drivel pboyles.

Not if its the spread being manipulated.

Jason101 - re spreads - yes, they won't show on a chart, but at least they are quoted in real time so you can at any point see what the spread is and how it compares to a competitor, and the SB firm will usually state what its spreads will be in advance for various times of day. Of course, during highly volatile market conditions, e.g. triple witching, spreads will go wide, but trading at such times to me looks like white water rafting - what a ride! but pointless blaming the boatman if you get thrown into the rocks. But then wide and unpredicted spreads aren't unique to the SB market anyway.

I won;t believe this SB price fixing hogwash until the evidence emerges - which should be easy surely? Surely all it would to catch them out take would be 2 charts side by side, one from the SB, the other showing the underlying - spot the difference and ring the SFA to collect your prize.
It's drivel pboyles.

I'm surprised you haven't done that, Tomo. You'll soon spot the difference but you won't get a prize from SFA because it's quite normal. If you think of SBs as old style market makers (where those different market makers would quote different prices for the same thing depending on their inventory and their view of the state of the market) then you get the picture.

jon

Don't blame the broker...

No, no don't blame the broker. They would never rip you off, if they scam you with their dodgy slippage practices it's all your fault. Of course this doesn't explain why firms like FXCM and Gain have been fined millions but dont let the evidence get in the way.