How do you recover from a £25,000 loss....

Bint I dont take kindly to your abusive posts. Be thankful of your 'safe 'position at your desktop. Like someone similar to you, youv contributed f*ck all to the thread apart from highlight that you have a large mouth. Welcome to the ignore list, you and the other can exchange abusive comments til your hearts content. Good bye

I would much rather somebody gave me zigafloons of insults than lose the amount you have described. If somebody reading the posts in relation to your sad saga and does whatever it takes not to follow your miserable example then that is a positive outcome. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Oh my days! How cool is trading other people's money, huh? I'd love to run up that kind of losses just for the experience. That would be one hell of a story to tell (after the prison sentence was over, of course)...

I think you go to prison for that much.

time will tell.

Mr Figure,

Buy at 20's and sell at 80's Work it out and figure out where all the buy and sell at market orders are with the newbies that look for the breakouts. The pros know this so the volatlity around the numbers in between these 2 figures is where the stops get hit and people get taken out with volatility. Jump on the trend. Keeps me in the game this little rule.

No magic no holy grail

Ged

Mr Figure,

Buy at 20's and sell at 80's [...] Jump on the trend.

Ged

That's mighty fine blow-up-quick-advice there, G... You forgot to mention "buy low, sell high" and "let winners run, cut losers quick."

That's mighty fine blow-up-quick-advice there, G... You forgot to mention "buy low, sell high" and "let winners run, cut losers quick."

He also forgot the "follow the trend". Although I have yet to work out which trend is best as the 1m, 5m, 10m 15m, 20m 30m 1h, 4h trends are all pointing at different directions.

He also forgot the "follow the trend". Although I have yet to work out which trend is best as the 1m, 5m, 10m 15m, 20m 30m 1h, 4h trends are all pointing at different directions.

Exactly. But its amazing how many numpities cant be bothered to put the work in to do that

:LOL:

Everyone to their own. I had enough of trying to buy or sell the breakouts near the round numbers because of the volatility thinking they were the right trades as the market orders going off with traders trying to jump in. You have any advice to offer AFK from your trading experience?

Ged

Has anyone tried Euro Daily Trader from theforexclub.eu ?

They robbed me of 10k. 3 of my personal friends had the same experience, plus the internet is full of reports that these guys are shameless scammers. One guy said they raped his grandma. AVOID LIKE FIRE!

God damn marketers.

Sadly a trader needs to go through this process of blowin up an account a couple times to really learn the power and value of risk management. I doubt there is anyone out there who is now churning a profit that hasn't sung this sad tune before. Pick yourself up and try not to do it again but realize it is part of the process. Once you never do this again then you are a real trader.

Reading this makes sense. Have just been on a Dragon Boat competition with a 19 year old American lad today who said his dad worked as a trader on the CME and owned 2 seats which he leased out 1 of them. It turns out the dad is now a teacher to disabled children. Asked him why his dad gave up the trading and his dad told him that to truly make it all the big guns had blown up at least twice and were left with nothing but had contacts with cash to start again and had a lifestyle thats was usually with no kids and big mortgages. His dad sold his seats and lives a comfortable lfe hence giving something back with teaching. He said if he blew up he wouldnt have the means or finances to start again.

Ged

Yes of course il share more detail, glad i found the site really as i havnt really got it off my chest yet. Im 36 and are lucky i guess in that I have a reasonably well paid job so i will recover over time. I wouldnt have traded if i wasnt secure. I have been trading for around 3 years. At the start tho, I bought shares in oil companies, making a little, losing a little and never really getting anywhere. Now I am a day trader spread betting and rarely hold trades older than a day or two. When my account was £15,000 plus, I was opening positions from £50 per point, up to £500. Mainly if a trade made a few pips showing anything from a £1,000 profit I would take it and close the trade then wait for another short/long opportunity in any market, be it dax, wall street, s+p500, ftse, us light crude, sugar etc. The last trade i made was on the germany 30 on 23 august at 09.50 going long at £200 per point. I entered at 5596 with no stop loss. (criticism accepted, my choice). I knew that the index would drop(despite being an up day), but given that the price had recently found support following a nosedive in the german economy, the index had been showing strength previous days so had no issue with the trade showing an initial loss. my rationale was that there was sufficient funds in my account to cover this initial loss until price began to head in the direction my research suggested. Unfortunately the price fell to the point it wiped out my account. The frustrating thing is, once my account was taken out, price began to rise in the predicted price range and my account would now be showing a £55,000 + profit. It was as though, the sb company i used knew they were going to be paying out substantially on the bet and the price was pushed down. I was watching the chart live as it happened and couldnt believe how it was forcing down so much, especially without any sort of negative news. The only positive to come out of this, is i know where i went wrong and this will give me the confidence to come back.

I am not the best trader in the world, but I have done experiments with small real money, and simulated money and I once blew a simulated $20,000 acc (while applying for a managed accs job), down to $2500 , then managed to recover back using a risky scalping technique.

which means it's actually possible to recover from $2500 to $20,000 using scalping, BUT it's not possible to recover using the very strategy that blew that acc.

It's a very serious recovery plan I have in mind, as and when I ever trade again,
when you have lost 90% of the acc, taking little extra risk won't matter, and scalping does offer the odds in your favor.

Just back to the original reason the OP found happening after he went long.
Now, I haven't looked at the chart so I could be very wrong.
After a stock or index or whatever has drifted sideways and downward for sometime, there is nearly always a sudden plunge downwards before an explosive upside move.
Again I wouldn't have a clue but I think the big boys in a very calculated way systematicly withdraw their bids and those that are already long, panic, thinking a new bear phase is starting and the bears also get on board in earnest.
And then bang, an explosive two or three up-days and brand new trend starts.

Long thread. How do you recover from a big loss? the same way you recover from every other setback in life. You either realise it's not for you. Or you pick yourself up, make sure you learned the lessons of what you did wrong (in this case at least one lesson is ridiculous money management), and go at it again, but this time better. Doubt there's anyone who never had a setback in their trading.