Housewife's Guide to Trading the EURUSD

fxmarkets said:
Hello JO, Zed did post multiple charts with detail about setups 1 hourly charts on pull backs to s/r overbought stocks as signal setup. 20 point stops 10 target and kelly staking method. But the mods closed the thread..... Perhaps he should paste them back here for new readers..... ?
Yep, that's what I am hoping for. Start with "here's how I traded this one, and why." Then move on to "here's how I'm applying this strategy to today's situation.
JO

Risking 10% of equity per trade is pure madness and the way to the poor house as anyone who understands probability will understand.

JonnyT

OK,

Here is how we trade our method:

1) Trade only between 5pm - 8pm EST time
2) Trade 1 pair: EURUSD
3) Trade 1 trade per day
4) Use 10 pips profit target, and 20 pips stoploss
5) use any Overbought, Oversold you like.(We like to use Stochastics and MACD on 4 time frames 3 min, 15 min,30 min and 1hour

The Why:
We have found that trading in this time frame is highly predictable using trading range indicators, and its low volatility.

We will be showing you how we apply our trades realtime, here on trade2win (If we are allowed to by the moderators).

So Hang on guys and lets keep pipin! See you at 5pm EST

As JohnnyT says, risking 10% per trade is folly, and so is a stop loss twice as big as your target. Because I am always interested in that which flies in the face of accepted wisdom, I eagerly await the results your online demonstration. At the end of 3 months, there should be about 90 trades to review, dissect, analyse, etc..

JO

zdforex said:
OK,

1) Trade only between 5pm - 8pm EST time
2) Trade 1 pair: EURUSD
3) Trade 1 trade per day
5) use any Overbought, Oversold you like.(We like to use Stochastics and MACD on 4 time frames 3 min, 15 min,30 min and 1hour

The Why:
We have found that trading in this time frame is highly predictable using trading range indicators, and its low volatility.

We will be showing you how we apply our trades realtime, here on trade2win (If we are allowed to by the moderators).

You are using now 4 timeframes? I thought it was just 3min, 30min and 1 hr.

When and why did you change?

Regards

hittfeld

Ah excellent! Another pointless thread with a stupid name started by the same doofus as all those previous ones.

Spam Man said:
Ah excellent! Another pointless thread with a stupid name started by the same doofus as all those previous ones.

I'm afraid I have to agree. On the 2nd September he begins this thread and includes a link to a page explaining his strategy at http://zdforex.com/strategy.html

A few minutes later someone's edited the original post and the links been removed, and shortly after that the page gets pulled.

If you've got a system to sell great, post it in classifieds or pay for advertising. If you've got a system to give away and share, again fine, lets hear about it but please can you stop posting complete drivel simply to drive traffic to your site :p

JumpOff said:
As JohnnyT says, risking 10% per trade is folly, and so is a stop loss twice as big as your target. Because I am always interested in that which flies in the face of accepted wisdom, I eagerly await the results your online demonstration. At the end of 3 months, there should be about 90 trades to review, dissect, analyse, etc..

JO

IMHO, 90 trades in 3 months is not realistic, given the fact he only trades once a day.

If this thread is still going in three months, I will eat my computer, live, in the chat room.

your moneys in Zed.... did you hold that trade 1.2418 the other night. made its target just late... ?

Hi fxmarkets, no the other day i just closed it at breakeven it took too late to get to target, however today target was reached +10 pips

zdforex said:
OK,

Are you really serious or have you just lost your marbles?
:-0

Hi Seguna,

What matters is performance and consistency, and we're happy on both fronts.

Thanks

Texas_Hedge said:
Is it a large computer, Spam Man??

It's one of those Cray supercomputers that fills an entire room.

By the way, do we know yet why this is specifically aimed at housewives? I just popped down to WH Smith and bought myself a magazine featuring numerous housewives, but none of them seem that bothered about trading the EURUSD.

Spam Man said:
It's one of those Cray supercomputers that fills an entire room.

By the way, do we know yet why this is specifically aimed at housewives? I just popped down to WH Smith and bought myself a magazine featuring numerous housewives, but none of them seem that bothered about trading the EURUSD.

I feel you may have to eat this machine, ZD just won't go away. He's like one of those little dogs biting away at your ankles.

Yes I know of the Mag your referring (cough cough) Never seen that topic come up either...

Last edited: