Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi everyone, hi Bashir,

I started the room trader yesterday ahead of the open toghether with the AT platform. Unfortunately the trades triggered by Sierra did not go thru AT. Could you please explain how to connect Sierra with AT? Or is this done automatically? What went wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Saico

Hi Saico,

You can also use the Simulationmode in SC itself. then the transactions will go through SC.

Go to TRADE in SC on the bottom you see SIMULATION MODE ON/OFF, make sure this is checked...

~Sebastian

Hi Saico,

You can also use the Simulationmode in SC itself. then the transactions will go through SC.

Go to TRADE in SC on the bottom you see SIMULATION MODE ON/OFF, make sure this is checked...

~Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your help! (y) Looking forward to monday to see how its working out.

Saico

For the scalper fans i will post a automateded scalper here that everyone can use with sierracharts.

Only 2 charts and bollingerbands, and slow stochastics, its funny how well things work when keeping it simple :)

Ill post it in a few hours.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

For the scalper fans i will post a automateded scalper here that everyone can use with sierracharts.

Only 2 charts and bollingerbands, and slow stochastics, its funny how well things work when keeping it simple :)

Ill post it in a few hours.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Nice work Bashir!(y)

How did you come up with the idea to use Bollinger Bands:?:

~Sebastian

Nice work Bashir!(y)

How did you come up with the idea to use Bollinger Bands:?:

~Sebastian

I was hearing alot people use the bollinger bands with good succes, so i though why reinvent the the wheel. SO i used the bollinger bands and try to trade in the direction of the general pricedirection using a 50ema on bigger timeframe, and take the trade on the bands on a lower timeframe, profit target is alway the midline of the bands, and i short the upper and lower bands, when the slow stochastics on the main chart is under 20 and crosses up. Pretty simple and works pretty well.

I will release it as a standalone autotrader, if anyone wants to, i can build it into the main trader, so both will funtion at the same time.

Should make some tea and get to work and finish this before it gets to late now :sleep:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi guys, i will incorperate the scalper into the main system instead, in there i will add a funtion where you can enable and disable the scalper, i have finetuned it and it seems to give me around 75% hitrate, most of the bad trades are breakevens and a couple of stops. Average target is around 10-20 targets depending of the spacing of the bollinger bands.And i will be using 10tick stops. Its only trading 1 car at a time.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: I have talked to my friend and i think we will be able to get it done alittle sooner then predicted, ill keep you all informed by mail and the forum.

Hi guys, i will incorperate the scalper into the main system instead, in there i will add a funtion where you can enable and disable the scalper, i have finetuned it and it seems to give me around 75% hitrate, most of the bad trades are breakevens and a couple of stops. Average target is around 10-20 targets depending of the spacing of the bollinger bands.And i will be using 10tick stops. Its only trading 1 car at a time.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: I have talked to my friend and i think we will be able to get it done alittle sooner then predicted, ill keep you all informed by mail and the forum.

Bashir,

I oppened the demo account in IB, and could open your chartroom at Sierra Charts yesterday at the end of the day.

What should I do to alternate between the YM and the ES contracts?

When I oppened the chartroom I got this screen attached. Is it correct? is there any other window that should be open? do I control the trades and fees by the Sierra or by the InfinityAT orders window?

Regards

Jordao

Attachments

• SierraRoom.jpg
    SierraRoom.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 309
Bashir,

I oppened the demo account in IB, and could open your chartroom at Sierra Charts yesterday at the end of the day.

What should I do to alternate between the YM and the ES contracts?

When I oppened the chartroom I got this screen attached. Is it correct? is there any other window that should be open? do I control the trades and fees by the Sierra or by the InfinityAT orders window?

Regards

Jordao

Hi Jordeo, the windows you see there are all of them,so everyhting looks okey.
If you want to change from the YM to the ES, just click on each chart and then go to chart settings, and there in the symbol area, change it from YMH9 to the ES symbol.
Then click on any chart and then go to the chart---> reload and recalculate, not sure if you need to do that, but i have a habit of doing that when changing markeds.

You can controll all the trades with sierra, since you have a demo account the orders put on simulated mode will not be shown on the the IB platform, but you can buy/sell and cover in sierra. The windows where you can do all this is located at
Trade--> Open Trade/settings window

Let me know what if there any other problems okey(y)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I had put the room trader on at around 11pm and went to work (i am in CA so it was 8 am in the morning) I came back and I had +25 ticks. Still it was not turned on the right time i.e. 6:40 am . WIll do that on monday.

I am eager to see auto+scalper in action - especially on stocks -
Good news if it is coming out faster - Congrats Bashir on this achievement !

thanks

Guru

Thanks bashir,

Hi Jordeo, the windows you see there are all of them,so everyhting looks okey.
If you want to change from the YM to the ES, just click on each chart and then go to chart settings, and there in the symbol area, change it from YMH9 to the ES symbol.
Then click on any chart and then go to the chart---> reload and recalculate, not sure if you need to do that, but i have a habit of doing that when changing markeds.

You can controll all the trades with sierra, since you have a demo account the orders put on simulated mode will not be shown on the the IB platform, but you can buy/sell and cover in sierra. The windows where you can do all this is located at
Trade--> Open Trade/settings window

Let me know what if there any other problems okey(y)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

hi bashir
thanks man. but u work too hard. seriously, do you get any sleep?? doesnt seem like it. in regards to the es, i understand how you can change the symbol, but wouldnt we have to change some of the settings too in the excel room file to change the stop out ticks and first profit ticks? for instance, if we take a +10 point profit on the YM on the first contract, wouldnt we need to change that to +1 es point or if we have -20 stops on the YM would that be like a -2 stop on the ES? or is this system somehow know how to scale whatever equity or index we're trading. thanks again

hi bashir
thanks man. but u work too hard. seriously, do you get any sleep?? doesnt seem like it. in regards to the es, i understand how you can change the symbol, but wouldnt we have to change some of the settings too in the excel room file to change the stop out ticks and first profit ticks? for instance, if we take a +10 point profit on the YM on the first contract, wouldnt we need to change that to +1 es point or if we have -20 stops on the YM would that be like a -2 stop on the ES? or is this system somehow know how to scale whatever equity or index we're trading. thanks again

In fact this is what I wanted to know... how do you change the system to trade YM to ES... tweaks, adjustments, etc

Regards

Jordao

P.S.: I think Bashir must be walking around with Santa Claus, because we are all getting the best Christmas gift ever... hehe:innocent:

Bashir thanks for your work again, my question is with the Auto trader which chart does it actually trade from, do I need to have the chart trade mode activated on just the 3 min or the 89T charts or all of them.
Thanks again.:)

hi bashir

Ahh dident really think of that, i will try to see if i can make it automaticly make it understand when its ES or YM, that way the targets and stops will be right.I will see if can get that done.Yeah i do get some sleep, not as much as i would like to, but nothing is archived if not hard work is put behind it ;)

Another thing is if i can get a option for the traders to change their stops and targets in the studies page. I think that will be better, then people can change it as they like.

With kind regards
BashirNaimy

Bashir thanks for your work again, my question is with the Auto trader which chart does it actually trade from, do I need to have the chart trade mode activated on just the 3 min or the 89T charts or all of them.
Thanks again.:)

There is not need to do anything, when the chartbook is open the woorkbook opens automaticly and thats it, it will start working just like that.The charttrade mode is if you want to manually take the trades yourself on the chart.But i recommend you the the option called show orders/positions on chart, then u will see where it buys and where it shorts.

I hope this makes sense ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Ahh dident really think of that, i will try to see if i can make it automaticly make it understand when its ES or YM, that way the targets and stops will be right.I will see if can get that done.Yeah i do get some sleep, not as much as i would like to, but nothing is archived if not hard work is put behind it ;)

Another thing is if i can get a option for the traders to change their stops and targets in the studies page. I think that will be better, then people can change it as they like.

With kind regards
BashirNaimy

bashir,
i'm extremely grateful for you looking into an ES option. i was just asking out of curiosity and didnt mean to imply we get another autotrader program. i dont want to make any additional work for you. but the heavy volume on the ES with an autotrader does sound intriguing.. anyways, thanks again and get some rest

I'm Back!

There is not need to do anything, when the chartbook is open the woorkbook opens automaticly and thats it, it will start working just like that.The charttrade mode is if you want to manually take the trades yourself on the chart.But i recommend you the the option called show orders/positions on chart, then u will see where it buys and where it shorts.
I hope this makes sense ?
With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Bashir,

Mate I just got back from holidays in the USA. Travelled to New York for the first time and checked out Wall Street... It was totally inspiring(y). Anyway I think the last page I left a post on was 76. This thread has since got out of control! 150+ pages. Just wondering if you could sum up in one or two sentances or perhaps send me a link with what you have changed in your method. And what you are trying. Any results with the DJEUROSTOXX50 as we discussed?

I have noticed the VIX has quietened down somewhat... however I'm not sure if this is because of all the traders on holidays or volatity has organically subdued.

I look forward to your response.

Cheers.
JWG

Hey Bashir,

Mate I just got back from holidays in the USA. Travelled to New York for the first time and checked out Wall Street... It was totally inspiring(y). Anyway I think the last page I left a post on was 76. This thread has since got out of control! 150+ pages. Just wondering if you could sum up in one or two sentances or perhaps send me a link with what you have changed in your method. And what you are trying. Any results with the DJEUROSTOXX50 as we discussed?

I have noticed the VIX has quietened down somewhat... however I'm not sure if this is because of all the traders on holidays or volatity has organically subdued.

I look forward to your response.

Cheers.
JWG

Hey M8, good to hear that you had a great time at new york, its really a live and exciting city.I was there a few years ago and took a picture with the bull :D Look at the attachment :cheesy:

The thread have grown buts nothing much have happend, i dide post a new manuall trading method, i have attached it as well in a text file for you , but in addition to that,also use a 89tick chart, to get into trades early. And also add a 2min chart with a macd with 12,26,3 settings. That will give you a good indication of where is price is going on the shortterm.

I have also released a autotrader that works with sierracharts, its a very simple version and i dont recommend using it live. I am releasing a new version that i am usingmyself latest 9 of januar,hopefully before. That one is somehting i recommend using 1 month on sim until you get comfortable with it, then you can try it live, as its more robust and saver. And you can set maximum daily loss,this is something you can change after your own comfort level.

The Vix is lower,but i think its a mixture of the investors are not getting scared with bad news anymore, when you get bad news evertyhing then another one does not really scare you :)
And its december, alot of traders leave for vacation to celebrate christmas and the newyear, i am guessing the Vix will go up allitle when everybody comes back from their vacations.I have tryed the method on the DAX and the Eurostoxx, i am keep getting around the same results, witch is very postive.I have also tryed it on the NASDAQ, and it seems to be even better there, cause it looks like when the nasdaq finds a direction it keeps at it for a long time, and for the autotrader that is perfect as it rides the entire move up.
Anyways, send me a email and i will send you the autotrader, dont want to post it here.

Let me know what you think.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• Rules.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 320
Last edited: