Have all the posts re: SIBKIS and JonnyT system disappeared?

Can T2W not devise a strategy to vet members who are real people, and are not just a nik?

Why can't we use a identification system that most brokers and SB firms use, e.g.,
1. First register online. You can use a username, but you have to disclose your real name and address.
2. Then send out a bank statement/utility bill or something like that bearing your real name and address to T2W.
3. Your account will be activated only after the mods are happy.

If this is too cumbersome (particularly for overseas members), then get the members register using their credit/debit card card, thereby validating their identity. Even better: give every member an option: either they send out some official docs, or they send out card details.

If that's also not possible, then make step 1 above mandatory, but steps 2 and 3 optional, but give the members whose identities have been verified, a special status. Abolish all these status words like 'Rookie', 'Legendary member', etc. Instead have just two categories 'Stranger' (and people should take their opinions with a pinch of salt) and 'Real person'. You are publishing the total number of posts made by the member anyway, so that should tell people how experienced the member is.

These might sound too complicated and too much work, but what's better: doing some work once and seting up an effective system, or the mods spending endless hours moderating discussions?

Last edited:
Bank statements, credit card details and other financial identification should not be requested, for security reasons. Identity theft, a growing crime, is reduced if people keep their bank and identity details to themselves. Suggesting that T2W members give such details to an entity that has no need or right to them is naive in the extreme.

The Moderators, albeit not perfect (they are human) do an excellent job despite the enormity of their task. Fellow T2W members are also good at policing their respective threads of interest. Sometimes there is misunderstanding among us, sometimes tempers flare, but thread quality prevails.

neil said:
Suggesting that T2W members give such details to an entity that has no need or right to them is naive in the extreme.

Not sure what is naive: a new system, or endless, and recurring, bickering among members on who is a nick and who is real. At the end of the day this bickering wastes everyone's time.

I don't think there is a question of T2W have the 'right' to these proofs. If the rules are made, then they will become the part of the forum, and people are always free not to join T2W if they don't like those rules, so there's no compulsion. I believe majority of the members who value T2W will have no problem with the system.

I've said enough. I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
Quite simply using multiple nics is a deliberately malicious deceptive measure.

People who do so should be banned.

JonnyT