GTEX Global

Stay well away from these people.
Really wish I saw these threads earlier...

Last edited:
I joined these people last year. I wish I never bothered with them now.
Try to ring the number on their website: 0207 856 2475 no answer...

I have never encountered such mugs in my life before.

The training course is really just a couple of strategies you can learn with just a few minutes on youtube really. I was tough a strategy and when I asked why we are all learning different strategies, I was told that they don't put their eggs in one basket.

That's when I thought I should get the hell out of there.

After I asked for a partial refund, as I was only 3 months into my 6 month contract, I could not get hold of them. No replies to emails and they don't answer the phone.

The weird thing was that I received an email from Accidents Direct explaining that the company has under gone "changes" and will be shutting down soon. Now the "trading floor" they talk about is a office full of Accident Direct call centre people. At one point I was told that Accidents Direct is backing them as Gtex Global is partly owned by them. Not sure, but they did email me. I asked this person if she could tell me what is happening and that I can not get in touch with Gtex staff. She said she will try and get hold of Ralph (the then Director of Gtex Global), but heard nothing back.

I have had some good advice from Thompsons Solicitors today and I will now have to go to the small slaims court as the amount I was scammed out of was £2800.

I will send them them their 14 days notice today. I will also be writing Accidents Direct as they are involved with this in some way also.

I really can not believe how stupid I was in joining them. It really did sound like they are trying to be a legit company. I initially would have joined SAVI trading, but the sales person Garth Paul, who worked there was leaving and convinced me that Gtex Global is a better choice.

Then they moved to 30 Crown Place and shared the office there with Accidents Direct. They had a section for us there with the multi monitor setups and a Bloomberg feed and it all seemed legit.

I joined up in December and then the drama started. They had a "head trader" there but he left after two weeks as he and the "head trader" wasn't on the same page. Ralph Anderson, the head trader, then came on the scene and we started the training.

I received a handbook and did a test, which I failed horribly, but the test didn't count for anything as you can not fail it. The test was about institutions and GDP, candle patterns etc.

I started my training I thought. I got my demo account and away I went. At this time there were other people there training away as well.

The thing that bothered me was that we were not taught about trading the markets as such. We were taught a strategy and that was it. Now I can understand why as they want you to trade a certain way when you are supposed to trade for them as a prop trader, but I was sold a training course (http://www.gtexglobal.com/App_Themes/GtexGlobal/docs/Intermediate.pdf) and I didn't feel like I am getting what I paid for.

I requested a partial refund as I was only 3 months into my "training" and was told Gtex don't do refunds. My contract states other wise. I have been trying to get in touch with them ever since. And since they are going to shut down, if they haven't already in which case I have no chance, I want a full refund now as they have breached contract now by not being able to offer the proptrading opportunity as stated in the contract and they are not completing the training programme.

Gtex Global is trading under SEED Capital Limited, Company no: 07319389

If anyone here has any advice, please help.

For those of you who really want to learn trading FOREX, I would strongly suggest to buy the Chis Lori trading course and please avoid these so called "mentors".

Sorry to hear about the problems, I hope you are successful with your claim but remember these guys will operate through a limited company and just go bust if they get too much heat. What I'm saying is you may end up getting nothing back so don't go spending too much on solicitors etc in case it's good money after bad.

According to Companies House webcheck service Gtex have now changed their company name to Broad Legal Cover Ltd. This was a previous name as well.

Bigdog,

Thanks for your reply, a couple of points.

On your website it states that GTEX Global is a 'trading name of GTEX Trading Ltd a company registered in England company number 07052047 whose registered office, place of business and address for all correspondence is 4 Broadgate, London, EC2M 2QS'.

Companies House records show a GTEX Trading with company number 07052047. Their records clearly state that there are 3 previous names for GTEX Trading one of which was Intelligent Trading. Maybe you can explain, perhaps Companies House have made a mistake.

Name & Registered Office:
GTEX TRADING LIMITED
4 BROADGATE
LONDON
EC2M 2QS
Company No. 07052047
Date of Incorporation: 21/10/2009
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
8042 - Adult and other education
Accounting Reference Date: 31/10
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 21/07/2011
Last Return Made Up To: 21/10/2010
Next Return Due: 18/11/2011
Last Members List: 21/10/2010
Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
23/12/2009 CAREFUL COVER LIMITED
20/09/2010 BROAD LEGAL COVER LTD
27/07/2010 INTELLIGENT TRADING LIMITED

I'd also like to ask why you didnt mention being employed by GTEX in your first post (where you didnt have a vendors badge either).

I suppose the biggest mistake is having T2W delete critical posts about you, you know that only makes people more determined to find out whats really going on, I think that was a bit of an own goal.

Sorry about the problems, I visited their Crown place office as well, too much of a front in my view.

I really can not believe how stupid I was in joining them. It really did sound like they are trying to be a legit company. I initially would have joined SAVI trading, but the sales person Garth Paul, who worked there was leaving and convinced me that Gtex Global is a better choice.

".

Saffer,

Garth Paul (actually Garth Ross Paul) was, until recently, a Director of Seed Capital Ltd. No wonder he was putting you off Savi and trying to get you to go to GTEX.

Saffer,

Garth Paul (actually Garth Ross Paul) was, until recently, a Director of Seed Capital Ltd. No wonder he was putting you off Savi and trying to get you to go to GTEX.

He is also currently the Company Secretary of Broad Legal Cover, the new name for GTEX Trading Ltd. This information is publicly available from Companies House.

My personal thinking is that they are looking for people who are so interested in the markets and determine to succeed that they will be prepared to pay a sum of money (which compared to other trading schools is more than reasonable) and by paying that money they are demonstrating their determination.

If I am right and GTEX does have the goal of becoming the next big prop house, anyone who jumps on this ship now whilst it is setting off is much more likely to make it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

If you live long enough I guess you get to see everything.

What an a$$hole!

In regards to my original post regarding Gtex Global, I will be keeping you up to date on my attempt to get my money back from these cowboys.

I do feel that I have to add that my grievance is with the owners (mr and mr Cris) of Gtex Global and not the person who sold me the training course. It was a friend, through work, who put me in touch with Garth Paul when we talked about trading at work. I don't think its really fair that he is the only one being mensioned here. I think he is just as gutted as the trainees.

I will try again to contact Louise of Accidents Direct to see if she will reply to my email requesting a full refund. I will then start legal action in the form of a CCJ as advised by my solicitor.

Hopefully they will own up and admit that they breached my contract.

I will post as soon as I have news.

Thank you for all your support.

Is this one of the guys ? He goes by the name of anthonyb

Attachments

• Bissong.jpg
    Bissong.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 823
Hi all,

Just seen this thread and would like to clear up a few points. The City trading industry is much smaller than many people believe and consequently many of us know one another. I can say although I have had no experience with GTEX global myself I am familiar with the name of the head trader/trainer there. He is well known in the City and has years of experience in the hedge fund industry. You guys have nothing to worry about. I have every confidence that it is legit.

p.s. I am in no way connected to this organisation, I just wished to clear up any doubts that people may have over the legitimacy.

I wonder if you'd like to apologise to the people who lost their money with this company, perhaps based on your personal recommendation.

so sad to read about these stories, scum people taking peoples hard earned cash. you should report it to bbc watchdog, i for one have had enough of so called prop houses offering training and then doing a runner or so called traders like vince scamzione and greg "IT consultant" secker claiming to teach trading for thousands and then get stuff you can get for free on the net.

I am have now informed Trading Standards who are going to investigate this lot.

This is what Companies House brings up on them. They filed to get scrapped and it doesn't seem like I have a chance to get my money back of them any more.
Failure Page

Just discovered this thread. Just curious, what actually did this company do wrong?

From what I understand you paid them £2k. What did you actually receive for this? Eg materials, classroom time, mentoring? And what was promised at the outset?
What did you discover when you went to their offices, or was it like a boiler room or something?

Just discovered this thread. Just curious, what actually did this company do wrong?

From what I understand you paid them £2k. What did you actually receive for this? Eg materials, classroom time, mentoring? And what was promised at the outset?
What did you discover when you went to their offices, or was it like a boiler room or something?

Disappeared with people's money it seems. Anything wrong with that in your books?

Disappeared with people's money it seems. Anything wrong with that in your books?
[/QUOTE]
Unless they Itemise everything they are going to get then nothing is wrong. 3K for investment advice without guarantee means that they can take the 3K and bugger orf with it. 3K for training means that they can show you a candlestick pattern and tell you what to do when you see it on a chart. If it works so much the better, if it doesn't well they still have the 3K and the argument that the trader must not have learned how to manage the trade properly. No money in trading is ever guaranteed, none of the agreements are guaranteed, the only thing that is guaranteed is there are going to be a lot of disgruntled people arguing the rights and wrongs to no avail.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistling

What I meant was, there is difference between paying £2k and getting nothing, and paying £2k, getting a training course, and not being able to make money with the info.
I presume Gtex were the latter?
It seems there's only 1 guy on this thread who did the course, the Saffer.