Good prospects and undervalued (USA)

Taken a small profit in Balchem in order to purchase Western Union WU. Look very attractive at current levels.

Recent recommendations in larger companies have worked out well, particularly PG and a few medical device picks. I have had some time to revise my strategy and it has worked out well, looking for the best companies at the best price. Tesco which has always adhered to the strategy has finally started to move back to fair value, I still expect upside here. WU is getting the chop very soon, worked out well though. I have listed a few good companies below which I shall be looking to take positions in when this market falls from grace after this mass manipulation.

WMT
GOOG
IBM
ORCL
PEP
SNY
MCD
NVO
EBAY
AZN
MA
WMMVY
TSCDY
ACN
COST
DTV
TJX
WAG
CELG
BAX
AGN
YUM
AMT

One wildcard worth a look that doesn't meet my strategy is NUS, had a recent shock after been targeted by a short hedge fund for illegal selling in China.

Mondelez MDLZ may be worth a look, i've just taken a position.

Cheap, renowned brands and a healthy dividend yield.

9 overbought stocks to consider. The stocks selected from marketvolume's stock filter. I checked all them on charts - they were in up-move and have strong volume surge which my mark the end of the recent up-trend

EWH*(PACF) iShares MSCI HONG KONG IN
GOOG*(Nasdaq) GOOGLE
CAG*(NYSE) CONAGRA FOODS
IAU*(PACF) iShares GOLD TRUST
GILD*(Nasdaq) GILEAD SCIENCES
ACN*(NYSE) ACCENTURE
BRK.B*(NYSE) BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY
NYB*(NYSE) NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCOR
TSM*(NYSE) TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR

P.S. Overbought does not mean these stocks will reverse. It mean that they are highly predisposed to reverse down or at least have correctional move down. This is just stock selection and I would recommend applying additional (your) analysis before any decision.

10 oversold stocks selected from the same Marketvolume's stock filter.

QCOR*(Nasdaq) QUESTCOR PHARMACEUTICALS
ADTN*(Nasdaq) ADTRAN
CIG*(NYSE) ENERGY CO of MINAS
ETP*(NYSE) ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS
MSCI*(NYSE) MSCI
IHS*(NYSE) IHS
ZUMZ*(Nasdaq) ZUMIEZ
AMTD*(Nasdaq) TRADE AMERITRADE HOLDINGS
EDR*(NYSE) EDUCATION REALTY TRUST
JBL*(NYSE) JABIL CIRCUIT
AVT*(NYSE) AVNET

All these stocks in crash and they may continue to move down. However, all of them have indications of panic selling which may mark the bottom of their decline. I would say, from this point, these stocks are worth monitoring for reversal signals as the reversal could be strong enough to pay attention to it.

Qualcomm (QCOM) looks attractive at $60 although $50 may be in sight if we hit a rough patch.

EDIT: Actual buy price $50.

Last edited:
9 overbought stocks to consider. The stocks selected from marketvolume's stock filter. I checked all them on charts - they were in up-move and have strong volume surge which my mark the end of the recent up-trend

EWH*(PACF) iShares MSCI HONG KONG IN
GOOG*(Nasdaq) GOOGLE
CAG*(NYSE) CONAGRA FOODS
IAU*(PACF) iShares GOLD TRUST
GILD*(Nasdaq) GILEAD SCIENCES
ACN*(NYSE) ACCENTURE
BRK.B*(NYSE) BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY
NYB*(NYSE) NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANCOR
TSM*(NYSE) TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR

Just follow up

EWH 0.9% down
GOOG 2.9% down
CAG 0.2% up
IAU 17.2% down
GILD 1.4% down
ACN 1.4% down
BRK.B 0.8% down
NYB 6.7% up
TSM 5.5% down

Average 2.6% down

:):):) Let's see how it goes further

OCT 6, 2012, 1:46AM #112
Vicorka
Rookie Member
Member Since Oct 2012
21 Posts
Re: Is Trading the Same as Gambling?
It could be gambling or it could be work. It is completely up to you. Those who work take money from those who gamble.

Volume surges sounds a lot like gambling, if you look objectively of course.

Last edited:
Volume surges sounds a lot like gambling, if you look objectively of course.

You should not use volume surges to generate signals. You may use volume surges to spot periods of panic selling and greedy buying, overbought and oversold condition when a stock is predisposed to change its rend. After that you may see a reversal or you may not. You are right that trading solely on volume surges it's a pure gambling. That is why we use other indicators. I selected only 9 from the top 15 reported overbought stocks. Despite big volume surge I dropped 6 because I did not like what I saw on other indicators.

PG was a sell at around $70, Baxter looks like one to hold on to, WU I would take at around $20, however you may get more upside.

Time to start reducing Baxter, especially as it moves towards $70, nearly a 30% gain.

Swapped Mondelez for Kraft upon closer analysis.

RBC bearings was worth a buy at around $44.

RGA is a shorter term holding, looking to hold until $60 due to the competitive landscape.