Good prospects and undervalued (USA)

I would like to share my strategy with you, unfortunately, it has been patented after four years hard work.

I can only tell you what i'd buy and at what price.

Sorry if this is of any inconvenience to you.

I would like to share my strategy with you, unfortunately, it has been patented after four years hard work.

I can only tell you what i'd buy and at what price.

Sorry if this is of any inconvenience to you.

wow, you are seriously committed to this lie. you really know nothing about value investing. other people knowing your "strategy" doesn't make a difference with value investing. your earlier idea/scam of trying to pretend you had a secret formula made a lot more sense, value investing doesn't work that way at all (trying to sell "your strategy" for $5000 was pretty laughable too), it is qualitative. to sum up, you don't have a strategy, your just trying to scam people. end thread.

Last edited:
No I think he has a few DCFs, probably put together with material from a degree course, that he believes in. It's the only explanation I can come up with for these valuations. The Gazprom thing sealed it for me, personally.

You're not selling anything are you, James?

Oldschoolvalue.com has a couple of good screeners for value investors. You may want to wait for the general market to pull back before following either the NCAV or Ben Graham checklist screen. Both should deliver outsized returns in the long run, just avoid the foreign NCAV's and commodity/tech Ben Graham checklist issues.

Best regards

I considered selling the strategy a while back, however, it is not for sale now, and never will be.

The strategy was devised privately.

I am not looking to share but to tell others what I would buy, that is all.

Enough of the small talk, if you want to know if I would buy a particular issue and at what price, post it up, if you don't like it, wait for the price to approach and then watch it rise, and then be sorry.

Best regards

No need to get so defensive - I'm not attacking you I just don't understand where you're getting your numbers from e.g. 6.42 buy price for gazprom. It hasn't traded in that territory for 10 years and without some sort of rationale for your numbers it comes across as quite pie in the sky. That'l like me telling you to buy apple at 390 and calling it a strategy is it not?

I considered selling the strategy a while back, however, it is not for sale now, and never will be.

The strategy was devised privately.

Wow, you are really certifiable. We know your lying! Everyone can see what you have posted since you have been here! Why are you still going? Your best option would have been to fess up and start explaining your picks (or at least issue some targets). Again, value investing, particularly the stocks your suggesting, isn't about the numbers, your paying for growth (I should add I have followed some of the stocks your talking about for a while so I am aware of how they are being priced).

My bet is that your probably in your first or second year of uni (your definitely in uni though) and, given you have made various stories up to make yourself smart, your probablly doing something like management at a third tier. I also seriously doubt your putting money behind these ideas. Am I close? Thoughts scose?

Either way, the fact that your aware of OSV suggests you have some vague idea of value investing, although clearly you have little idea of what it means in practice. I'll remind you of Buffett's number one rule: honesty and integrity...think about that.

Cr, I have little time for discussing what I am and what I do. Let me tell you something about Buffetts honesty, he doesn't value the underlying company at all, it is all about relativity, do you really think the market rallies at the price he picks because they realise it's absolute value? Naive, that's enough of you anyway, you're counterproductive with all this social talk, OSV is a good place for beginners, here's the address again oldschoolvalue.com .

Scose, the strategy is fitted to picking stability at its finest, anything with massive growth or volatility in business conditions will come out with a substantial margin of safety required. The margin of safety I calculate is one I feel absolutely comfortable with. Gazprom is undervalued but not by a sufficient margin for the risk you take on, you must determine the margin of safety if you find mine out of line. I would not invest in anything relying on a commodity, the downside protection just isn't there should we hit harder times.

Best regards

Last edited:
I don't think that James knows what he's actually saying when he's valuing companies at 40% below market cap. That's the given for me, really. Stinks of basic formulaic valuation methods.

You've drawn your conclusion and your opinion triumphs in your life, so let it be truth.

Best regards

I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong but I just don't understand your numbers - and you're very mysterious. A nice guy though :D

Last edited:
Please note these valuations will change hence be invalid when quarterly earnings are next released.

Hello Gibson,

Starbucks is a fantastic business, however it is reliant on a commodity, but in this instance, at the right price, it would constitute a buy for me.

$33.58 would be my buy price, with fair value at around $41.14.

Best Regards

James