Gold

don't believe him, he's like Soros and Buffett, 'kin tells you one thing and does another...look at the lap top he posts from to get a clue FFS!!!

MUHAHAHAHA....;)

gold-apple.jpg

They do some amazingly good spray paints these days in Halfords.

really tickles me that there has been no post on zerohedge about golds massive 40$ loss today

really tickles me that there has been no post on zerohedge about golds massive 40$ loss today

Not the end of the bull run. Just a downside day. We have been in a bull market for the past 10 years with plenty of days where gold has dropped. This is all to do woth the euro, among other factors. US looks in worse shape as they seem to want to continue with the stimulus and the Keynesian economics.

Gold could drop slightly more, I currently believe that there is strong support at $1065. I do not believe gold will drop below there. Great buying opportunity at the moment.

Are you one of these people who starts panicking and sells low while buying high?

Best of luck to you.

Not the end of the bull run. Just a downside day. We have been in a bull market for the past 10 years with plenty of days where gold has dropped. This is all to do woth the euro, among other factors. US looks in worse shape as they seem to want to continue with the stimulus and the Keynesian economics.

Gold could drop slightly more, I currently believe that there is strong support at $1065. I do not believe gold will drop below there. Great buying opportunity at the moment.

Are you one of these people who starts panicking and sells low while buying high?

Best of luck to you.

That's red rag to a bull (well, to a bear maybe). NR is not a panic merchant, but there is no problem selling lows if the overall market is in a downtrend, however gold isn't there yet. I'm out of gold at the moment (trail stopped at 1225 yesterday). If this move starts to develop on the downside, at some point I'll end up getting short, but we're a little "in the middle" right now. Similarly, I need to wait for it to recover before going long again.

NR - I think you're getting a bit too emotional about this one market; let it go!

Very concise.

Best of luck to you.

Sold 1250's covered a few at 1200, prolly cover another few at 1160

What do you reckon? 1170 before a rally to new highs?

There is a big cycle arriving which is apparently due around the 7th August. According to a Fund Manager at RBS, did a speech at the STA last month. Could set Gold and the Bonds off on a mad one.

GOLD1170mark.jpg

I think buying gold may involve a great amount of risk but you may get the latest ups and downs in the market most accurately which would be very useful.

Gold fell below $1,200 an ounce on Thursday(8/07/10), might be promising news to all those interested in gold

As I posted earlier "Looks like some banks had to scramble on currency bets yesterday. Sharp move lower in gold being attributed to need to raise margin. Makes sense!" As much as I hate to quote Rothschild (altough I'm sure that he stole this quote from somewhere ;) ) The bond market is smarter than the gold market http://financialfutures.typepad.com/kiss/ July 2
This being exemplified in the fact that moneyweek article was written by a voice-over actor.
I'm no expert and as I've said before I'm not profitable but for reasons I won't go into now I don't think that planned austerity has anything to do with the gold drop and as for the sterling strength against the dollar arguement :S ...