GFT....Any good?

sure. I was comparing prices,executions and fills etc. I have a separate data feed so never looked at their charting package

No i didn't mean their charting software , i meant the whole service , IG is much better and faster ...

0 fines levied on GFT's operations in 5 regions servicing over 120 countries

For a bucket shop, that's not too bad........ I suppose.

For the Period: 1 October through 31 December 2011 :cheesy:

Anyways, with the help of a member of T2W we proved that i was being treated differently (we put in the exact same orders at the same prices / same times).
Just to be sure.......You were both doing the same size orders?

When my account has grown massively, I'll come back and tell ya'all about it.
Haha I hope so although I'm sure that sooner or later they'll move you over to their milking bucket and will start milking your account till its dry....

I dont think soand GFT spreads are much better,take a look again

just opened a new demo account , cfds execution is noticeably slower than IG ... just my 2 cents , however i am interested in their binaries and FX options will check it out ...

just opened a new demo account , cfds execution is noticeably slower than IG ... just my 2 cents , however i am interested in their binaries and FX options will check it out ...

i only trade sb and binaries with them.binaries seem much better when selling at higher prices. I do sometimes incorporate binaries,but once taken i found they influenced my other intra day trades.

Make a complaint through the FSO and have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them money, which might make them act more fairly in future. They wouldn't want to 'do an FXCM'.
Yeah I wouldnt get any satisfaction from that tbh. In general i like GFT, but. Better for me to make folks aware i think.

Theres many ways of looking at things. I can confirm that what Darktone is saying is true, although I just dont understand why they did that and their answers.It just didnt make sense, from what I think he is volume is not enough for them to worry overly about,so why do what they did? Is it possibly something to do with the software? That being said Ive had accounts will most firms and so far GFT and intertrader are by far ahead on overall performance,although there is one very clear point made by darktone, They could lay off all my trades if they wanted to. Seeing what governing bodies says is worth looking at as would be the rules that regulate these type of bets. If they clearly give a different price to one trader from another taking the same trade then questions have to be asked.

Thanks for chiming in Flash. Yep the size was fairly modest and wasnt the issue imo. I think it was more that saw me as somone who was taking advantage of their order execution, which i was! Pinpoint execution isnt part of reality on market order stops in the real market, the strat i used wouldnt have been profitable in using futures.
As you say the key point here and the one i had issue with is they point blank would not admit that they were treating me differently to other clients in view of execution, even though it was proven. Would be interesting to find out what the rules are in this area. Sounds like a job for Mr Boyles, he like to make waves doesnt he :D.

All this said, I did actually enjoy trading with GFT, it was the fobbing off that made me walk.

Just to be sure.......You were both doing the same size orders?
Yep the size was the same, only 1ppp as an experiment. On the entry we were filled at the same price as the market traded there. On the exit the price gaped a few ticks past the stop level. I recieved the first price while the other person was filled at the order price.