GFT....Any good?

Well BillV, I'l let you know how they are. Just this week I'm switching to GFT.
Their charting I think is the best of the lot. I'm switching over from CMC and what a joke they are.

As long as you realise what you are getting into they'll do the job.
I like their charts as well but I'm using esignal so I don't need them.
If you are switching for the charts, remember that if your account isn't active they'll charge you fees.

People always point out the slightest mistake. I actual meant I used them and not sued them:) and they are far from what we know as a bucket shop.I was refering to teh other broker I use

It's been two weeks now with GFT. They are a massive improvement over CMC.
GFT say they have .8 spread on the Euro but that must be an average of sorts because in the Asian session they are closer to two points and during the European session it oscillates from .6 to a 1 point spread. I don't mind because it probably simulates reality rather then the fake permanent .7 that CMC offers.
I've set my allowable slippage to 1 point and occasionally a market order is not filled which is fair enough, but every other time I got pretty well what I was after.
Their live chat is very prompt and very helpful.
Also you can have MT4 free of charge. It is very interesting to watch DealBook 360 and MetaTrader side by side. MetaTrader definitely lags DealBook by a milisecond or two and so the candles can form slightly differently. GFT told me they have the identical data feed.
Over about a four hour period I notice the occasional gap in M1 candles. Would this be gaps in the data feed or does the Euro gap minutely every now and again?
All in all GFT has been a very positive experience.
I find it interesting that they comparatively do very little marketing or advertising. So maybe they simply rely on giving quality and maybe...dare I say it......

honesty.
Time will tell.....I suppose.
When my account has grown massively, I'll come back and tell ya'all about it.

Moonrocket

Cant believe you didnt let me get a commission for you joining. Ive been with them a while as I've said earlier,they are miles ahead of IG and Fxcm in many ways

Moonrocket

Cant believe you didnt let me get a commission for you joining. Ive been with them a while as I've said earlier,they are miles ahead of IG and Fxcm in many ways

How much is it worth? They don't seem to have any account opening bonuses now.

Moonrocket
I actually did try.
I even mentioned your nic name on T2w and how the recommendation came from you, but they said they offer no commissions to anybody. :cry:

Now able to access the site.

Received an email from GFT customer service to say they "experienced a short service interruption with the website earlier today but this is now rectified".

Does this sort of service interruption happen frequently?

Now able to access the site.

Received an email from GFT customer service to say they "experienced a short service interruption with the website earlier today but this is now rectified".

Does this sort of service interruption happen frequently?

not in the 3 months ive been with them

I had a problem with GFT recently which lead me to close my account. They filled my orders differently to other clients.
The strat i was using was very agressive, a stop entry with a contingent stop placed as close asp to the entry. One morning i started to experience consistant slippage rather than just the odd one or two so phoned to enquire what was happening. I was told that the slippage was as per tick (which i do agree with) but they denied that anything had changed or that i was being singled out for special attention (which i thought was BS and the point i had issue with).

Anyways, with the help of a member of T2W we proved that i was being treated differently (we put in the exact same orders at the same prices / same times). Mine were slipped and theirs were not. I phoned back and talked to a back office manager. He looked throgh trades and said that i was very agressive (which i was), that i was scalping (which i wasnt), that i was trading latency (which i wasnt if take it to mean trading a lagging or frozen price). The conversation got heated when i explained id got someone to mirror orders and we were filled at different levels!

The way i see it is this, you are one of three types of client:
1) one that loses consistantly.
2) one that wins but can be hedged.
3) one that wins but cant be hedged. (this would describe my trading with GFT at that time)
1 and 2 are fine, 3 is a problem. Id see like this if i were running the outfit.

I had a problem with GFT recently which lead me to close my account. They filled my orders differently to other clients.
The strat i was using was very agressive, a stop entry with a contingent stop placed as close asp to the entry. One morning i started to experience consistant slippage rather than just the odd one or two so phoned to enquire what was happening. I was told that the slippage was as per tick (which i do agree with) but they denied that anything had changed or that i was being singled out for special attention (which i thought was BS and the point i had issue with).

Anyways, with the help of a member of T2W we proved that i was being treated differently (we put in the exact same orders at the same prices / same times). Mine were slipped and theirs were not. I phoned back and talked to a back office manager. He looked throgh trades and said that i was very agressive (which i was), that i was scalping (which i wasnt), that i was trading latency (which i wasnt if take it to mean trading a lagging or frozen price). The conversation got heated when i explained id got someone to mirror orders and we were filled at different levels!

The way i see it is this, you are one of three types of client:
1) one that loses consistantly.
2) one that wins but can be hedged.
3) one that wins but cant be hedged. (this would describe my trading with GFT at that time)
1 and 2 are fine, 3 is a problem. Id see like this if i were running the outfit.

Make a complaint through the FSO and have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them money, which might make them act more fairly in future. They wouldn't want to 'do an FXCM'.

Theres many ways of looking at things. I can confirm that what Darktone is saying is true, although I just dont understand why they did that and their answers.It just didnt make sense, from what I think he is volume is not enough for them to worry overly about,so why do what they did? Is it possibly something to do with the software? That being said Ive had accounts will most firms and so far GFT and intertrader are by far ahead on overall performance,although there is one very clear point made by darktone, They could lay off all my trades if they wanted to. Seeing what governing bodies says is worth looking at as would be the rules that regulate these type of bets. If they clearly give a different price to one trader from another taking the same trade then questions have to be asked.

Moonrocket

Strange how people can have different experiences ,i tried all 3 and i would be shy if i compared GFT to IG and Fxcm , GFT is way behind , however i didn't use GFT for sometime now don't know if they've improved , but i don't like IG's new charts as well .

Make a complaint through the FSO and have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them money, which might make them act more fairly in future. They wouldn't want to 'do an FXCM'.

UK regulators sucks ...

Strange how people can have different experiences ,i tried all 3 and i would be shy if i compared GFT to IG and Fxcm , GFT is way behind , however i didn't use GFT for sometime now don't know if they've improved , but i don't like IG's new charts as well .

sure. I was comparing prices,executions and fills etc. I have a separate data feed so never looked at their charting package