GBP/USD 4hr Setup in The Daily Time Frame

Something that intrigues me in forex. Yesterday, we had a very large candle on the 5second chart to the downside in what was a little uptrend, this candle was approx. 20/30 pip in value, this to me is institutional selling (in this case). Today, the Turkish Central bank has purchased $100m ? Are we in for a big drop on both the euro and the pound or most others against the dollar? I remember when china suddenly and not for some years raised their interest rates a few weeks ago and the euro along with the GBP dropped like a shot duck over 250pips.

Think we might be nearer your original figure for shorts, I think you said 5880. She's still strong again. My daily indicators show an uptrend! What is your view.

I guess no person knows where she is heading, but the price action for me, is up.!!

Morning Rolston
Am still long, I guess you are too. Looks like she is back to bullish? Are you still thinking of shorts at 5880?

look for long plays at 1hr support

Here is my 4hr chart showing a clear and strong uptrend, I find these first on the daily using my indys. For support/resistence, I buy near the bottom or tops on the trendline, sometimes I will just stay in and ride the pullbacks. Price has twice broke through the top trendline. What I find difficult, is judging a precise entry, for example, when price is going back down, it may hit my 18ma support or go further down the bottom trendline? All I can then do, is rely a little on my ATR (average true range). As I do not know how to even begin to work out the varying s/r on the different timeframes, I am forced to only go with the daily for trend and entry on the 4hr (probably not a bad thing). Would you agree with this strategy or would you add something to it.

Attachments

• 30m  trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    30m trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 129