Gascoigne Sectioned Again

I somehow think that if Gazza had gone to Man Utd, he would have been shown the door pretty early on.

I reckon even Ferguson would have failed to mould him into the required United shape and he would have fallen foul of the great man.

BTW, if you believe yesterday's papers he has been sectioned again for 3 months.

I somehow think that if Gazza had gone to Man Utd, he would have been shown the door pretty early on.

I reckon even Ferguson would have failed to mould him into the required United shape and he would have fallen foul of the great man.

BTW, if you believe yesterday's papers he has been sectioned again for 3 months.

At 19,and with good senior (and) "geordie" players (people coming from the same origin, and with a very similar experience) like Robson, Bruce, then Pallister, (Bobby Charlton also) and also, disciplined top players like Hughes, Strachan etc. around him to help give him some leadership/take him under their wing etc. i can imagine a very different Gazza developing, but we'll never know. He'd have had to have shaped up or be shipped out, as happened with McGrath who was a drinker. He'd have found "tough love" at MUFC.
He didn't have anything like that level of discipline or leadership at spurs or in Italy (where he spent the best part of 3 years injured), and it was only at Rangers, under a tough Manager in Walter Smith that he found a comfortable environment.

The gus just been unlucky, and at times has compounded his bad luck by making things worse for himself by making bad decisions etc.

Last edited:
At 19,and with good senior (and) "geordie" players (people coming from the same origin, and with a very similar experience) like Robson, Bruce, then Pallister, (Bobby Charlton also) and also, disciplined top players like Hughes, Strachan etc. around him to help give him some leadership/take him under their wing etc. i can imagine a very different Gazza developing, but we'll never know. He'd have had to have shaped up or be shipped out, as happened with McGrath who was a drinker. He'd have found "tough love" at MUFC.
He didn't have anything like that level of discipline or leadership at spurs or in Italy (where he spent the best part of 3 years injured), and it was only at Rangers, under a tough Manager in Walter Smith that he found a comfortable environment.

The gus just been unlucky, and at times has compounded his bad luck by making things worse for himself by making bad decisions etc.

I think the idea he'd have been straightened out at ManUre almost laughable.

McGrath was eventually shipped out because he was so drunk he didn't turn up for training.

Robson, Bruce, Pallister - "allegedly" not afraid of the odd tipple. Lee Sharp was there a few years, and had a VERY good freind named Charles:whistling

If you were good enough, ManUre were very capable of turing a blind eye.

I think times have changed, and the culture of most football clubs is different these days.

UTB

I think the idea he'd have been straightened out at ManUre almost laughable.

McGrath was eventually shipped out because he was so drunk he didn't turn up for training.

Robson, Bruce, Pallister - "allegedly" not afraid of the odd tipple. Lee Sharp was there a few years, and had a VERY good freind named Charles:whistling

If you were good enough, ManUre were very capable of turing a blind eye.

I think times have changed, and the culture of most football clubs is different these days.

UTB

Maybe, but you would have ended up with a slightly different person due to a different experience. All I'm saying is, having "mens men" and top pro's like Charlton, Robson, Hughes, Strachan etc. as mentors/role models, would be good for any young man - in any walk of life.

McGrath was shipped out because Ferguson lost patience with an aging player who liked a drink.

We can only speculate what would have happened though.

Maybe, but you would have ended up with a slightly different person due to a different experience. All I'm saying is, having "mens men" and top pro's like Charlton, Robson, Hughes, Strachan etc. as mentors/role models, would be good for any young man - in any walk of life.

McGrath was shipped out because Ferguson lost patience with an aging player who liked a drink.

We can only speculate what would have happened though.

Damn shame, eh?