• USD/CHF

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
28 May 2007 00:24

Dollar v Yen current level: 121.77

Expect trading to be on the sluggish side for the first 24 hours or so. Looking at the JPY to be providing the bulk of the early action overnight. The early trading should see some waning of the Dollar resilience noted of late. Dollar v Yen levels are seen at sub 121.50 stops are set just above the current levels.

28 May 2007 22:07

Yen: update

The Dollar/Yen traded as expected throughout the previous 24 hours or so. No surprises here. With the Asian open, expect progressive trading. Eyeing 121.50 from the 121.77 level. A breach will see a 121.30 exit overnight into early morning.

Dollar: Update

Dollar resilience seen on Thursday and Friday may be showing signs of exhaustion. The beginnings of a gradual weakening over the next couple of days looks possible across the currency majors. GBP could be set to test the 1.9900 key level. The Euro may be seeking out the 1.3550 levels.

29 May 2007 08:40

Yen update:

The Dollar/Yen performed precisely as expected overnight with an initial move down to the 121.50 level from the indicated sell area of 121.77 and the subsequent move lower still to the 121.20’s level. Position now closed.

29 May 2007 09:35

GBP: update

GBP has seen a very early run at the 1.9900 level. Sideways ranging at 1.9870 -1.9890 could now develop with further tests of the key level. A breach of 1.9900 (earlier rather than later) will see 1.9980 targeted.

28 May 2007 00:24

Dollar v Yen current level: 121.77

Expect trading to be on the sluggish side for the first 24 hours or so. Looking at the JPY to be providing the bulk of the early action overnight. The early trading should see some waning of the Dollar resilience noted of late. Dollar v Yen levels are seen at sub 121.50 stops are set just above the current levels.

28 May 2007 22:07

Yen: update

The Dollar/Yen traded as expected throughout the previous 24 hours or so. No surprises here. With the Asian open, expect progressive trading. Eyeing 121.50 from the 121.77 level. A breach will see a 121.30 exit overnight into early morning.

Dollar: Update

Dollar resilience seen on Thursday and Friday may be showing signs of exhaustion. The beginnings of a gradual weakening over the next couple of days looks possible across the currency majors. GBP could be set to test the 1.9900 key level. The Euro may be seeking out the 1.3550 levels.

29 May 2007 08:40

Yen update:

The Dollar/Yen performed precisely as expected overnight with an initial move down to the 121.50 level from the indicated sell area of 121.77 and the subsequent move lower still to the 121.20’s level. Position now closed.

29 May 2007 09:35

GBP: update

GBP has seen a very early run at the 1.9900 level. Sideways ranging at 1.9870 -1.9890 could now develop with further tests of the key level. A breach of 1.9900 (earlier rather than later) will see 1.9980 targeted.

29 May 2007 09:54

Euro: update

The Euro has traded higher, inline with expectations. Reaching 1.3470’s in early trade. It looks perfectly poised for an assault on the 1.3500 level quite early on. 1.3500 if breached will see 1.3550 level targeted.

tpf

i don't understand the posts. are they your views and expectations or from some website? how are you trading these views? thanks

tpf

i don't understand the posts. are they your views and expectations or from some website? how are you trading these views? thanks

They are my own views of the market. My personal trading is based on these views.

If there is any objections to my posts, I will cease to post them.

What is it you don’t understand exactly?

When I just posted my trades ie Long at x.xxxx SL at x.xxxx I got complaints “why are you just posting trades” “there is no point in just showing your trades” and more comments such as that.

Now. I give my market analysis based on much of my extensive daily research .

Now is this wrong too? Am I even welcome here at all?

OffT

do you have a target/ time frame? the only immediate target i can see at the mo is 9980?

tpf

now i see it is 'thinking aloud 'then it makes more sense for me.

thanks

“Thinking aloud”

Don’t rile me into a personal insult match. You will lose.

Show me what contribution you have made to this thread.

All I can see going back through some of your posts is:

“Hi guys, OH had a trade from this morning Long GBP/USD at X.XXXX “

And a quote from your posts. “made a nice 59pts on the yen drop with a short made earlier.”

Well we can all post here hours later and claim we made big profits from earlier trades we didn’t even mention.

cb

yes i was tempted by that! and the euro one but will still wait till lunch [which might be a mistake]

What is it you don’t understand exactly?

When I just posted my trades ie Long at x.xxxx SL at x.xxxx I got complaints “why are you just posting trades” “there is no point in just showing your trades” and more comments such as that.

Now. I give my market analysis based on much of my extensive daily research .

Now is this wrong too? Am I even welcome here at all?

I enjoy your posts mate. Good to see others views, thoughts and whether they are looking to position on a bullish or bearish stance.

I read somewhere that its ok or it was better to say looking to get long, or looking to get short, generalising etc. But really i think its up to the individual how or what detail they want to speak out...

Give out what you want I say.

tpf

seems a bit of an over reaction? it wasn't meant as an insult. i was just curious why the style had changed. I asked, you answered end of story as far as i can see. i hope i haven't been misunderstood. i have always found your trading posts interesting.

got a long coming up, entry sub 1.9860 (or best judgement) if it comes that way stop likely to be 1.9816 (its fat, but just based on volatility) But this might be a short term long as it may likely drag the intemediate trend down to look to sell..

Hmm well gone long 1.9868, wanting to see it hold and close above 1.9860. stop outside this range at the mo.

tpf - easy my friend, anyone should be able to ask polite questions

oiltanker- my breakout system has no target other than to take 1/2 position profit at +100 and close at 3.55 p.m.

I enjoy your posts mate. Good to see others views, thoughts and whether they are looking to position on a bullish or bearish stance.

I read somewhere that its ok or it was better to say looking to get long, or looking to get short, generalising etc. But really i think its up to the individual how or what detail they want to speak out...

Give out what you want I say.

tpf

seems a bit of an over reaction? it wasn't meant as an insult. i was just curious why the style had changed. I asked, you answered end of story as far as i can see. i hope i haven't been misunderstood. i have always found your trading posts interesting.

I think there is something very self congratulatory with regard to posting in the style of (long at x.xxxx taken xx pips profit) I am continually adjusting the way I post with regard to market direction and trying to find a way of giving my view and contributing to the thread without sounding like “hey look at me , aren’t I great trader”

Purely on a personal note, I don’t wish to P--s people off by announcing I made xxx pips today.