FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
Aternoon All,
Not been posting so far this week so have just caught up with the thread. I'm long from yesterday on cable at around 9830, took half off at 64 and am trailing a stop on the rest. It seems to be one of those slow grinder moves up where it's very difficult to know when to take profits.

Well I took half off the remainder at 75 odd, stop at b/e on the rest. Let's hope we get some overnight follow-through to keep this thing going.

well, confession time.

I shouldnt have shorted today. I should not try to call tops.

Ok, with that out of the way, i am looking for the short setup tomorrow :LOL:

well, confession time.

I shouldnt have shorted today. I should not try to call tops.

Ok, with that out of the way, i am looking for the short setup tomorrow :LOL:

Shorts looking good to me too.

Might have a dabble tomorrow as morning should be quiet for me. My last day of leisure before I start real work on Thursday. :cry:

Good stuff! I have had to sit waiting for it to hit my next target (9899)..came within 11 pips but has now retraced. If it runs down to 9869, Ill scale out some more size (another 1/3)

Closed out the rest of the trade at 9887 for +48 pips. The doji on the 4HR concerned me and didnt want to hold going into the Asian session.

Don't know which way to trade tonight, so I'm going to sit it out.

The high was formed at 17.40, but the price has been near, 1-2 pips away several times this evening. This would suggest a good buy signal - but I'm hesitant of any potential pullback overnight, therefore my decision is not to trade it.

My market matrix still gives an upward bias for the moment - as I said in one of the early posts here, and do think that after a pullback early next month, we could well see 2.000 again before a sizeable retrace. Just my 2p's worth. I'm trying to get the hang of the Market Matrix stuff - it's very complex and takes some getting used to. We'll just have to wait and see what happens and if this thing does actually have something to it. :eek:

mmm, last cuppa before kip, short still 1.9885, Short of styaing up all night which is not an option. So gonna have to close it after a brew regardless.

+9.7 closed, being prudent . There I'll sleep better now..... :)

don't trust cable this side of mpc and cable chart showing divergence.

so might trade euro.

maybe 8 am gives a better view.

Morning all, I have just opened my first trade of the day. SHORT 9891, SL 9921 (will switch to long bias if it reaches here and wait for subsequent pullback), TP1 9861. Due to the MPC minutes, I have cut my size in half today (trading only 4 lots).

Have a good day all!

still long . my target not reached but raised stops. my signal for short not ready yet, still some breath left on upside.

happy trading everyone

Morning all, I have just opened my first trade of the day. SHORT 9891, SL 9921 (will switch to long bias if it reaches here and wait for subsequent pullback), TP1 9861. Due to the MPC minutes, I have cut my size in half today (trading only 4 lots).

Have a good day all!

Closed 3 lots for +10 will let remaining 1 lot run to stop or add if it reaches target. At the very least, the trade will be at break even.

Mmm notice the old eur/usd has packed on a few pounds relative to cable off its lows. :)

Dull showing from cable at the mo.

Closed 3 lots for +10 will let remaining 1 lot run to stop or add if it reaches target. At the very least, the trade will be at break even.

Stopped out for -30 on final lot, b/e for trade. Now Short 9919, SL 9949, TP1, 9879

morning,

went long on the pullback at the RN. got the stop to BE. honest, my cpu is giving me a nightmare. so, better safe than sorry. calculating targets now. still waiting for the storm to clear.

the minutes should fuel the bulls big time, but im surprised cable is not at 9950 by now.

good day

j

edit: forget it. out for + 0.5 pips. best trade ive had this week. lol.
need to upgrade my memory. this week has been tough on that front.

edit 2: well too bad. for those interested, the measured move target is 9945 which concides with the ultimate target from post #1 of the tread.

Last edited:
morning,

went long on the pullback at the RN. got the stop to BE. honest, my cpu is giving me a nightmare. so, better safe than sorry. calculating targets now. still waiting for the storm to clear.

the minutes should fuel the bulls big time, but im surprised cable is not at 9950 by now.

good day

j

Whats an RN ? Appologies for being thick.. :)

Attachments

• cablex.GIF
    cablex.GIF
    189.9 KB · Views: 175
long triggered at r1 for limit r2. [930] macd and ma and rsi going the right way on hourly.