FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
GBPUSD (Cable)

Currently at 1.9845. It may reach 1.9880 ( immediate target ) within 1 day from now.:D

Zuke and Trendie, Do you trade to make profit or for excitement ? The reason I ask is that the motivation between the two is very different in my view.

Paul

Hey Paul, Ive been trading for over 10 years now, so the "excitment" factor has long since gone! "All about the Benjamins, baby!"!

I am pleased with my 9837 entry, but this really is dull stuff!! Tempted to do some large CAd trades just for some excitement!

Well this trade was stopped out for +4 yesterday. A new dawn and a new day so looking for my next entry. Looks like its broken res, but I need confirmation for me to go long.

Long since yeserday, my first target 850 been closed , now for second target at 910. After the pull back planing for long to 925 .

Good trading every body.

I have had a long signal triggered so currently looking for an entry. My first target will be 9899 then 9923 and finally (if we get there!) 9956

morning all,

i cant go long until my pitchfork is invalidated which it isnt at present. waiting for invalidation, or for end of correction to the upside for the fall to continue.

so sitting on my hands until the close of the next 4hr bar (after the school run)

good trading

j

Attachments

• pitchfork correction.gif
    pitchfork correction.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 200
I'm still on a short from last night - now looking for 1.9831 for break-even.

Yesterday's trade netted 29 pips - so that was a nice start to the week - just don't want to hand it all back now! :rolleyes:

Zuke and Trendie, Do you trade to make profit or for excitement ? The reason I ask is that the motivation between the two is very different in my view.

Paul

very good question, and one that I am addressing.
although I have been trading off and on for 6 years, and reasonably consistently for past 3 or so years, I have only recently started thinking about it seriously as a primary income, so it used to be for the fun. (had alternative income to write off losses)

but now, clearly I need to get professional about it.
the pressure to be right(ish) is on, as its money I hope to earn to pay the mortgage, so the losses are wasted opportunities as well as wasted time.

there are other aspects about my responses that concern me, particularly my impatience, as it may uncover deeper problems about my perspectives.

I have had a long signal triggered so currently looking for an entry. My first target will be 9899 then 9923 and finally (if we get there!) 9956

Im in, LONG 9839, SL 9819, TP1 9899, TP 2 9919, TP3 9959

A funny thing happened this morning after i posted my trade on this forum. I noticed that i began to get a weird and uncomfortable feeling, about me and my trade etc. I hadn't felt like that for a long time and couldn't work out why.

Then it hit me. After so long not discusing or talking about my trading with anyone for so long, i found that i had exposed(not literally but trade wise) myself to many people. I found myself momentarily in that mode of opinion fixation about the market because i had made a public standing to my position.

Its funny how the things you overcame and FORGOT about over the years just come back to haunt you.

I laughed to myself and was grateful for the realisation. Moved my stops closer and see what happens.

Well done you guys that have been posting their live trades on here . I think you all deserve a round of applause . Even better a great and highly profitable trading session/s.

Im off to a first birthday party today mid day ish , so I wont be able to hold for total trend. So will be brutal on exit maybe an early one depending what happens.

Looking forward to it, and hope they have plenty off jelly and ice cream. Last kids party I went to the adults told me off. :LOL:

A funny thing happened this morning after i posted my trade on this forum. I noticed that i began to get a weird and uncomfortable feeling, about me and my trade etc. I hadn't felt like that for a long time and couldn't work out why.

Then it hit me. After so long not discusing or talking about my trading with anyone for so long, i found that i had exposed(not literally but trade wise) myself to many people. I found myself momentarily in that mode of opinion fixation about the market because i had made a public standing to my position.

Its funny how the things you overcame and FORGOT about over the years just come back to haunt you.

I laughed to myself and was grateful for the realisation. Moved my stops closer and see what happens.

Well done you guys that have been posting their live trades on here . I think you all deserve a round of applause . Even better a great and highly profitable trading session/s.

Was it like feeling naked in the middle of Trafalga? :eek:

right, now looking for the entries short. will look for an attempt at the highs.

good trading

j

edit: i am affraid its going to be like watching paint dry

edit 2: if anyone fancies a short on eurusd, appears to have a similar setup. IMHO it will give an inverted hammer on the daily and signal the end of the pullback for continuation down. i will wait on that one

Attachments

• pitchfork correction close.gif
    pitchfork correction close.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 188
  • pitchfork correction close lines.gif
    pitchfork correction close lines.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Dont know, never actually done that before, but might have a go this weekend after a few beers. Let you know monday. :LOL:

Save it for 2008 new years - and you might get a chance at going commando and if do - get a lucky dip in :LOL:

flyer from Cantor Index: (new tightened spreads for some currencies)

EURUSD - 1 pip
EURGBP - 1 pip
GBPUSD - 2 pip