FX Trading July 2nd > July 6th

Cable closed at 2.0089 on Friday. Will it..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whos taking tomorrow off?
in fact, will the US be sober on July 5th?

I have a short signal, but Im a long way off an entry price, so just monitoring at the moment.

May try a 10 pip straddle again at the 9.30 minor news.

Finally got my entry!

SHORT 2.0172, Stop 2.0207, Target 1: 142, Target 2: 112 Target 3: 072

scaling out 33.3% each time.

good morning for me, and afternoon for you guys

this time zone is no good for trading. easy to drink one tequila too many with your mates, come back try to trade and bang. good its paper:eek: . 2 losses overnight. nice.

i´m affraid that i will be better off taking the week off as well :mad: since i got again another late lunch today, and tomorrow, and thursday, so, wont push it.

good luck

j

Finally got my entry!

SHORT 2.0172, Stop 2.0207, Target 1: 142, Target 2: 112 Target 3: 072

scaling out 33.3% each time.

Closed out this trade 5 mins prior to news for +4 pips.

The only thing that did concern me is that we have not had any volatility downside since NY .... so I hope that aint coming now.. and its up from here, would of been happier to see a swift prod to 50 or so ..

mind you, they might be in party mode already as its the 4th tomoz? maybe thin from here on...

The only thing that did concern me is that we have not had any volatility downside since NY .... so I hope that aint coming now.. and its up from here, would of been happier to see a swift prod to 50 or so ..

mind you, they might be in party mode already as its the 4th tomoz? maybe thin from here on...
Thats it for today, all the MAs and BB are becoming flat ready for an easy day tomorrow, even ADX is just above 15 with stochastic in oversold on 15 min cable.

+ 10.3, exit 2.0178.4 im chuckin the towel in.

Hi everyone,

For what it's worth I dont see the BoE raising rates. They always like to wait a little while to see impacts of previous changes. Interest rates always work with a lag at least 6 months. And so I reckon the Bank will wait 3 months and raise prior to the Festive season. I'd say September-ish.

Cable is now on the upper Std Err channel line and so a decent drop to $2 is due.

It's been a good rise up and now I'm looking for some give on the down side.

I'm short on cable at the mo. It may be a scary ride until Thursday though. I have no stop loss in place. :devilish:

Good trading everyone... :)

Attachments

• GBPUSD Cash-070703.png
    GBPUSD Cash-070703.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 135
Hi everyone,

For what it's worth I dont see the BoE raising rates. They always like to wait a little while to see impacts of previous changes. Interest rates always work with a lag at least 6 months. And so I reckon the Bank will wait 3 months and raise prior to the Festive season. I'd say September-ish.

Cable is now on the upper Std Err channel line and so a decent drop to $2 is due.

It's been a good rise up and now I'm looking for some give on the down side.

I'm short on cable at the mo. It may be a scary ride until Thursday though. I have no stop loss in place. :devilish:

Good trading everyone... :)

Hi Atilla, what got me thinking about no rate increase this month was the notes from the last meeting, in which inflation rapidly decreased . So i see it makes sense to hold rates as is, if thats how they use them mainly as an inflation control. But I aint no economist but I see the basic logic of it.

If that was a freak month for decelerating inflation and it looks rampant since, then a hike will probably be prudent sooner rather than later, thats what i'd be thinking anyhow.

gone short 2.0192, although looks like a bullish session to me. hopping on short for a better entry for a long, hopefully it aint gonna bust higher first.

gone short 2.0192, although looks like a bullish session to me. hopping on short for a better entry for a long, hopefully it aint gonna bust higher first.

Exactly the same entry as you. Short 192, SL 216, TP 162

Exactly the same entry as you. Short 192, SL 216, TP 162

:) looking ideally for it to be contained 198, If it starts beating there i'll be left thinking, CB you shoulda waited.... looking ok at the mo tho. Target, well ,taking out the low's at 70 .

Still short after a very near miss on (already stupidly raised) stop. Wondering if this will be another going nowhere day, meandering along in the 160-200 range?

Still short after a very near miss on (already stupidly raised) stop. Wondering if this will be another going nowhere day, meandering along in the 160-200 range?

mmm, well next leg should be up, an attempt to prod 190 beyond ? how high it goes ,dunno, looking for 170 to hold, for longs.

capped at 2.0200 ? 26 yearly highs and a rate decision out tomorrow , I cant see it going mental up before hand. But markets being markets...

I gave up trying to be logical with FX some time ago, but we do seem to have been flatlining for the past hour or two. Calm before the storm, you reckon?