FX Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i will share the results. Its on my laptop at home. Will share the results here this weekend. But I will re-iterate. The startegy is profitable only if you are the only person tarding it. Else, betonmarkets worsens the odds to much if many people trade the same strategy.

Yes, i will share the results. Its on my laptop at home. Will share the results here this weekend. But I will re-iterate. The startegy is profitable only if you are the only person tarding it. Else, betonmarkets worsens the odds to much if many people trade the same strategy.

Only trade that has come up for me this evening is EUR/USD at no touch above 1.3307.

Bet on markets will only offer odds at 1.3012 so no trade available.

Have I got this right?

Only trade that has come up for me this evening is EUR/USD at no touch above 1.3307.

Bet on markets will only offer odds at 1.3012 so no trade available.

Have I got this right?

Exactly the same as me only EUR/USD showing @1.3307 and BOM won't quote at
that level.

Will try again on Monday morning.

What a great system :whistling

I'm too lazy to fill in the spreadsheet myself tonight but have just tried BOM using 1.3307 and didn't get a quote either.

My enthusiasm for this system has already gone so I'll be asking for a refund.

No price again this morning, tried putting some of the other pairs through the system as it says
you can do this in the manual, only thing I could get a price on was AUD/JPY , the stake a mere
£93.36 for a return of £100 giving a whopping profit of £6.64.

Pay for your Friday night out it says in the sales blurb, you might just be able to cover your bus
fare into town and back with your £6.64, does McDonalds still do the 99p menu?

No price again this morning, tried putting some of the other pairs through the system as it says
you can do this in the manual, only thing I could get a price on was AUD/JPY , the stake a mere
£93.36 for a return of £100 giving a whopping profit of £6.64.

Pay for your Friday night out it says in the sales blurb, you might just be able to cover your bus
fare into town and back with your £6.64, does McDonalds still do the 99p menu?

LOL unfortunately you're spot-on!

I'm still waiting for the first official "results" email for FX Friday. Is going to be a bit pointless though because it will be easy for the official results to be massaged. As we've already discovered, the time of placing the bets can have a bearing on not only the odds but also which trades are considered valid by the spreadsheet. So no doubt the official results will simply reflect the best possible scenario each week, which will not necessarily reflect the reality of the situation for those of us that are actually trying to trade the system.

I was fortunate enough to have made £26 profit on my first trade, friday before last. And based on the time that I placed the trades, it was the only opportunity identified by the spreadsheet. And wasn't able to trade last friday so I'm in profit to date.

Definitely made me wary about placing any more trades with this system though, I'll certainly only be staking small amounts going forward so that I can only lose my previous winnings, not my original capital. Because I'm pretty certain that this system will either turn out to be a loss maker, or you'll be making such small profits that it'll take months of winnings to pay for a weekend of drinks, not just one Friday's winnings as the sales blurb boasts.

gold,

Just stay away from really high places and those half empty glasses - you inspire me.

I took uj and also made a profit.

lol, well if it hits the 90% win rate I am told by the author should be fine, time will tell eh

Anyone else trading this evening? On Week 3 and just identified USD/CHF no touch above 10533. Odds offered are 14% – no trade. Do you agree?

I agree. Only the one potential trade signalled - USDCHF at 10533. Price a non-starter though. Very disappointing beginning to this "trial".

Agree with you both for the USD/CHF trade. I'm being quoted 15% at BOM, so another no trade week.
Will check again on monday morning but i doubt the price will have changed that much.

Boring spreadsheet, boring system....

Yes only USD/CHF showing at 12% for me. Ran a few of the other pairs through the system
and EUR/CHF came up no touch above 1.3457 BOM gave no quote for this. Will try again
on Monday morning.

Beginning to think the system is a waste of time, already had one loser and now 2 no trade
weeks, it doesn't even improve your knowledge and understanding of either FX or how the
market works which for me is important as I try to develop my own trading methods and plan.

Talk about get rich slow, you need to live to about 300 years old to benefit from this system,
providing that there's no more losers and you don't miss any winning bets. Anyone not
thinking of sending their's back?

I am an absolute old fart beginner at this but is it possible to "back test" this system using the closing figures on Friday as a consistent benchmark?
I found this a few minutes ago - "Forex Tester is a computer simulator of the FOREX market. It allows the user to practice trading and test out different trading strategies against the historical market data" (There is a free trial apparently)
Beta testers reporting "Good results so far" is a bit vague as validation
Why doesn't the publisher show his positive spreadsheet results with dates and times?
Beginning to doubt I have enough life left to recoup my "investment"

I am an absolute old fart beginner at this but is it possible to "back test" this system using the closing figures on Friday as a consistent benchmark?
I found this a few minutes ago - "Forex Tester is a computer simulator of the FOREX market. It allows the user to practice trading and test out different trading strategies against the historical market data" (There is a free trial apparently)
Beta testers reporting "Good results so far" is a bit vague as validation
Why doesn't the publisher show his positive spreadsheet results with dates and times?
Beginning to doubt I have enough life left to recoup my "investment"

I would say NO! You need the prices that BOM were offering, so backtesting looks like a non starter.

Any statstical system designed for BOM would be a loser very soon. Unless you have competion ot BOM, they can worsen there prices and your system loses.

Anyone around still using this or did you all send them back by now?

Another disappointing week anyway, only one trade showing on the AUD/USD but the odds are way too low...

By the way, has anyone else tried to use any other pairs, rather than just use the quoted seven?
Just wondering if it might be a good way to get better odds, there won't be so many people trying to trade them.

Couldn't find any others that qualified for a trade tonight though.

Last edited:
I've tried some of the other more left field pairs in previous weeks but the odds on those that
qualified for a bet were still very poor and not worth taking.

Couldn't face another Friday evening of tedious spreedsheet filling so have not even bothered
tonight, sending the system back next week.

I too had the same result last night. I am going to give it one more go next week and will then be sending it back to. Very disappointong and after 4 weeks I am 24% down on my original pot having had one win and one loss in week 1. I really don't understand how the beta testers can have had 100% success over the 8 weeks they tested the system unles they never actuall placed any trades?!

Status
Not open for further replies.