FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

I am trying out the demo account and to close all bets button which stopped working, couldn't close off any trades. Does not inspire me with confidence using real money, to easy to make a loss in these markets. Deposit on a bet is heavy at £1000 per lot.

dont forget its a demo account, i had problems at first as the platform is miles ahead of the norm.But once your ok with it i think you will change your mind.
The deposit to open an account now is £2500,when i joined it was £5000 so i think they have realised that the initial deposit was to much, but your betting into the market and not against FB so the £1000 margin is not that much really.

Thank you pit pony, that's a great help. It's a bit concerning to hear about the problem with closing off trades though. I wonder if that's only because it's a demo account and is not applicable to a real account?

Just one more question though, is it possible to open two opposite positions on the same instrument? Long on one and short on the other?

not to sure what your getting at, if i was long 1 lot and then went to sell 1 lot i wuld be flat no?

Yes price the trade out button and when try to close the trades manually its just started new trades. Just doesn't give me confidence when real money is used.

the fills are very fast and if your home system or pc is slow this maybe adding to the double clicking so reversing your position and entering a new trade, but i cant find 2 many negatives with the platform or them, it beats re-quotes and slow fills or fast fills when it suites the other guys.

I have a few questions for any FB customers, as i'm interested in opening an account with them.

1. One of my major strategies is scalping, and from what I see FB is ideal for doing this because I could buy at the bid and sell at the ask. Could anyone confirm if it is as easy as that? For instance could I simply place a market order to buy at the bid and get an instant fill and do the same at the ask?

2. Could anyone confirm that there is no overnight financing charge for open positions as there are with other SB firms?

3. Could anyone confirm that on their charts they have volume as one of the indicators?

Thank you in advance.
we provide a DMA platform you can place orders where you wish so they are working orders or you can just trade at market price with a click of a mouse.
as long as you have sufficient funds in your account that covers the position you are running o/v there are no charges.
we dont offer charts as yet, but we will be.

I am trying out the demo account and to close all bets button which stopped working, couldn't close off any trades. Does not inspire me with confidence using real money, to easy to make a loss in these markets. Deposit on a bet is heavy at £1000 per lot.

i am sorry to state the obviouse but it is a demo account and work gets done on the demo account before going to the live platform.Any problems with the platform just e-mail or call the office and the guys will explain.

not to sure what your getting at, if i was long 1 lot and then went to sell 1 lot i wuld be flat no?

Apologies for the confusion. The reason I ask that is because if for instance I spot weakness in the Dow, I can take a short position and carry that until say the next day when strength comes in or the trailing stop gets triggered.
But in the meantime I will still be able to scalp with new trades whilst leaving that first position to be.

Hope that clarifies.

Apologies for the confusion. The reason I ask that is because if for instance I spot weakness in the Dow, I can take a short position and carry that until say the next day when strength comes in or the trailing stop gets triggered.
But in the meantime I will still be able to scalp with new trades whilst leaving that first position to be.

Hope that clarifies.
if you wish to trade this way, you can open 2 accounts 1 for log term and one for scalping, other than that your positions will be cancelled out by each other.

if you wish to trade this way, you can open 2 accounts 1 for log term and one for scalping, other than that your positions will be cancelled out by each other.

Thank you for your answers.
Just one thing about when your charts are up - if you can provide volume with the charts that would be fantastic (y)

Hi future betting,

Say I long one FTSE future contract and hold it for 1 night, how much interest will I be charge for that.
Will the same amount applied to shorting one FTSE contract overnight?

Thanks.

Hi future betting,

Say I long one FTSE future contract and hold it for 1 night, how much interest will I be charge for that.
Will the same amount applied to shorting one FTSE contract overnight?

Thanks.
we dont charge any interest for you running a position o/n long or short.But you have to have enough funds in your account to run the position o/n.

Whats the minimum stake size? and cost of eacht trade?

Ive opened the demo account, looks very daunting and complicated as compared to the simple buy/sell from cmc.

Does the platform include charting?

Whats the minimum stake size? and cost of eacht trade?

Ive opened the demo account, looks very daunting and complicated as compared to the simple buy/sell from cmc.

Does the platform include charting?
the minimum bet is 1 lot (a futures contract) so there are different values per point
Ftse is £10 per point, Mini Dow is $5 per point per 1 lot.
the cost per trade is a fixed spread that is advertised at FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage
but for Ftse 1st 200 lots is 1/2 tic and the mini dow is 2 tics, then after 200 lots completed on your account they go down to .25 of a tic and 1 tic.
the platform offers much more information than most other platforms, but you can configerate you platform till it suites you.
charts are coming but not here yet.

Feature Request:
As has been mentioned on another thread, the moving ladder interface is very cumbersome. Fixing the mouse to the ladder is even less intuitive and much more cumbersome.

A very very simple solution:
When the mouse is on the ladder window, the ladder should not move (prices do not scroll, volumes change as normal).

Also, is it possible to change the default volume values in the Quick Ticket? Current shows as 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50. Would like to change these values.

Just opened a Futures Betting Account .

Tight Spreads with NO RE QUOTES done it for me .

Feature Request:
As has been mentioned on another thread, the moving ladder interface is very cumbersome. Fixing the mouse to the ladder is even less intuitive and much more cumbersome.

A very very simple solution:
When the mouse is on the ladder window, the ladder should not move (prices do not scroll, volumes change as normal).

Also, is it possible to change the default volume values in the Quick Ticket? Current shows as 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50. Would like to change these values.
to my knowledge there is 1 company that have the pattern to the static ladder, this may be available soon but no ETA.
As for changing the QT ticket, just double click on the number and change it to what you wish.

I just opening and account using futuresbetting.com & there real data feed + Ninjatrader as platform

I wanted some clarification of latest status of the company due dillgence !!!

[email protected]
show details 04:49 (14 minutes ago) Reply

We are owned by London Capital Group, who are a listed company on the London Stock Exchange, who also own Capital Spreads, Capital Forex.So a very large company.
We are still based in Gibraltar and our regulator is the FSC ,but LCG are regulated by the FSA, we are a registered company by the FSA and on their website.
If you wish to see the capital have a look at Capital Spread and LCG.

All funds are held in Barclays London and in 100% client segregated accounts.

Andrew Woolley
Sales Manager

Futuresbetting.com
Suite 10 | Watergardens 2 | Gibraltar

FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage

I just opening and account using futuresbetting.com & there real data feed + Ninjatrader as platform

I wanted some clarification of latest status of the company due dillgence !!!

[email protected]
show details 04:49 (14 minutes ago) Reply

We are owned by London Capital Group, who are a listed company on the London Stock Exchange, who also own Capital Spreads, Capital Forex.So a very large company.
We are still based in Gibraltar and our regulator is the FSC ,but LCG are regulated by the FSA, we are a registered company by the FSA and on their website.
If you wish to see the capital have a look at Capital Spread and LCG.

All funds are held in Barclays London and in 100% client segregated accounts.

Andrew Woolley
Sales Manager

Futuresbetting.com
Suite 10 | Watergardens 2 | Gibraltar

FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage

Johncare not too sure what you are asking here! i had a account pre the whole 'Global Trader' and received all my funds back when futuresbetting.com suspended trading, since relaunching i have returned and all looks as good as before

I was just looking for INFO on the company FB b4 i funded account

wanted 2 make sure other traders did not know something i did not

THANKS 4 reply

I was just looking for INFO on the company FB b4 i funded account

wanted 2 make sure other traders did not know something i did not

THANKS 4 reply

i agree with Pete, i have done exactly the same and very happy with the service and the platform functions, 'it does as it says on the tin'

I dont understand the "Transparancy/Level2" data?

Yes you can see the bids/offers, but that dosnt nescesarily mean the person has bought/sold does it? What I mean is platforms like tradestation you can see the sales and price, here you can see how many people have bought/sold.

Am I correct in saying that?

Thanks