FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

Its a bit naive to say that "It's not going to be direct access to the markets, because it's BETTING". The way DMA would work normally is:
a) I place a join bid to buy S&P500 future at 1013, FB/ProSpread placed bid to buy S&P500 future at 1013
b) FB/ProSpread bid gets hit in the market, my bid is filled by FB/ProSpread. That is also what most of their site/documentation and interview by Simon implies.
c) Once my bid is filled, FB/ProSpread reduced a fixed spread, equivalent to $10 commission for the trade and that is how they make money.

I have a feeling that this is how the system used to work when it was launched. Only recently I have started noticing that my orders are getting filled late and after some tests it appears to be getting internalised. If this is the case, they should have had the honestly to inform customers about it.

Please note that in this "ideal case" the round trip commission (or cost of trade) is about $20 per trade or in other words there spread is 0.4 S&P500 points for the round trip trade. That is also the "cost" of doing this trade under spread bet umbrella and still retaining DMA functionality.

However what ProSpread seems to be doing is internalising the orders. Which is what every other spread betting company does. With ProSpread you are getting same internalisation plus you also pay $10 per trade.

For buying and selling as you call it - you can use any discount broker (interactive broker cost of trade would be about $4.8 round trip for the same trade, nearly 4 times less than ProSpread/FB.

Once they start internalising the orders, it is not DMA. It is same CMC/IG-Index. They will take positions against the clients or match client flow to collect spread without doing any trade on exchange and hedge at their convenience like every one else does.

Futurespreads/Prospreads was always expensive compared with DMA futures or ordinary SB, the only advantages being platform speed, the possibility of buying/selling at the bid/offer, and no tax on profit (assuming you made one...). They've already lost NinjaTrader integration, so they're running out of USPs.

PS
This thread need amalgamating with the Prospreads one, Mr Mod!

Futurespreads/Prospreads was always expensive compared with DMA futures or ordinary SB, the only advantages being platform speed, the possibility of buying/selling at the bid/offer, and no tax on profit (assuming you made one...). They've already lost NinjaTrader integration, so they're running out of USPs.
automation via Metatrader was promised soon.

PS
This thread need amalgamating with the Prospreads one, Mr Mod!

I'll pass the idea on to the right people, In the future though please make the request using the report post function as otherwise theres a very good chance we wont see the request.
:)

automation via Metatrader was promised soon.
This is certainly not the case, if you have spoken with sales or e-mailed, the answer would have been that we are looking at different automated trading platforms, meta trader being 1 of many, but nothing certain or in place yet.

This is certainly not the case, if you have spoken with sales or e-mailed, the answer would have been that we are looking at different automated trading platforms, meta trader being 1 of many, but nothing certain or in place yet.

Why not just fix the API with Ninja? It's a 90% working and largely tested route to automation, with customers just waiting to use it. Customers who are already putting many contracts through DMA, and who technology-wise could switch in ten minutes.

We're you at the seminar last week with Simon?

We were told it was Metatrader and hopefully early next year.

Why not just fix the API with Ninja? It's a 90% working and largely tested route to automation, with customers just waiting to use it. Customers who are already putting many contracts through DMA, and who technology-wise could switch in ten minutes.

Maybe because Prospreads isn't fully auto now?

We're you at the seminar last week with Simon?

We were told it was Metatrader and hopefully early next year.

Yes i was, we are looking and talking with Metatrader, this system looks like the one we will be hopefully offering, but no deal agreed yet.

Maybe because Prospreads isn't fully auto now?

Hmm.. an interesting and topical point.

[although I'd be very surprised if the strategic hedge wasn't also pretty automatic, otherwise how would you guarantee the DMA price]

It does tie in with a shift at PS towards new clients and increased revenue from strategic hedging rather than increased volumes from existing clients.

Having said that, it should be fairly easy for automated trading to just be flagged and defaulted to pure auto hedging, which still makes them money, and plenty of it if high volume automated. Even if this wasn't possible (and it wouldn't surprise me) the auto auto/strategic system should just do the strategic if it can, and pure auto if it can't, regardless of where the trades have come from.

Good point though.

Yes i was, we are looking and talking with Metatrader, this system looks like the one we will be hopefully offering, but no deal agreed yet.
it was a very good seminar, you have a potentially great product which I was keen to join up to.

I hope you can clear up the questions raised in the other thread. I got the impression you saw it as a big advantage that you clearly had no potential conflict of interest with your traders and I hope it is the case that you have no interest in our positions just like the other SB firms do but I'm too confused to tell anymore.

btw charts early next year? (y)