Futures Biases

sorry but i find your posts cryptic and hard to understand. Im not sure what you mean by "match your tech's with fundie's for trade opportunities" and when you say "I feel you'll probably enjoying eating the market on a regular basis" i take that as meaning that i suck? (a well founded assumption). I am playing with real money but i recently opened an account with oanda which lets me trade with tiny lot sizes so losing several hundred pips would mean a buck or two (I plan to scale up once i can sustain profits more).

Jack is referring to fundamental analysis and technical analysis of the market. Hes saying if you match your trade setups with the two pointing in the same direction, your results will be better.

Last edited:
ah i see im not too educated with fundamental analysis stuff. I understand that interest rates up = stock market down and vice versa but not a whole lot more. I am currently reading a book on macroeconomics as i am realizing how important this stuff is even in short term trading.

the world seems like a big puzzle initially, but as time passes, it becomes less and less of one.

sorry but i find your posts cryptic and hard to understand. Im not sure what you mean by "match your tech's with fundie's for trade opportunities" and when you say "I feel you'll probably enjoying eating the market on a regular basis" i take that as meaning that i suck? (a well founded assumption). I am playing with real money but i recently opened an account with oanda which lets me trade with tiny lot sizes so losing several hundred pips would mean a buck or two (I plan to scale up once i can sustain profits more).

Sorry if I come off rather cryptic it's just the way I've been hard-wired/trained, thanks xymox for explaining my train of thought.
What I mean is, I very routinely try to match a fundamental angle to the technical picture in front of me...xymox is much better than I but c'est la vie.:p...
What I mean't by saying you'll enjoying feasting on the markets someday is just that... It'll take some really hard work...Personally speaking this stuff is my bread, my oxygen I cannot afford to be wrong and if I am wrong I don't eat, I don't breath.
When I do lose, I try to focus just that much harder. ( I do kick myself from time to time but that doesn't put bread on the table.)

what is your level of education? do you hold a degree in business or are you completly self taught?

Sure I don't mind sharing... I majored in finance. But the trick was not taking anything they teach to heart:p... Too much school tends to make people stupid as well, believe it or not.
I worked under and was trained by some big FX fish @ B of A.( banc of America) who taught me nothing more than how to survive, the rest was up to me.
I'm not going to go into my present workplace cause it wouldn't make a bit of difference and dropping names around makes me a little uneasy.

But I do appreciate your posts and am here to help as much as I can.
Regards,

Noob,

noone really has the answers to the markets, its just a probability science, the key is to look for high probability situations and those are encountered with extremes of emotion. If your young and starting out, if I had to do it over, I would learn computer science and quantitative finance, I'm in my mid thirties now, and reading up on quantitative finance, its not the holy grail, just another tool.

again the key is to figure out the factors that shift probability as high as possible.

extremes of emotion can manifest in intraday timeframes and daily timeframes, such as the dollar and oil trade.

I majored in finance. But the trick was not taking anything they teach to heart:p... Too much school tends to make people stupid as well, believe it or not.
Regards,

As a rule I try to think of things differently than other people. Too many people blindly take everything they hear as fact and rely on other people who they think are smarter to come to the conclusions. Little do they know many of the "smarter people" are people with an inferiority complex who just want people to listen to them talk.

profits <------trends <--- price action <----orderflow <---- supply demand <---- psychology <---- fear greed <---- market makers...

market makers you will find them in any market, basically a market maker is any institution or body that has the most capital that it bring to bear on the market daily. Market makers paint pictures and try to control the fear/greed cycles on multiple timeframes.

market makers goal is to create volatility and price action to kill as many stops as possible and to take as few people with them as possible. They seek to 'entrain' the market, basically through operant conditioning, a deceptive practice, and when the majority of the herd are lined up on oneside, they can kill the positions. Will post charts.

Last edited:
entrainment and harvest. These cycles work with the backdrop of macro economic principles. Meaning the macro economic situation is used in the favor by market makers to take orderflow and trend it.

Attachments

• 11152007-221451.jpg
    11152007-221451.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 181
Noob,

if I had to do it over, I would learn computer science and quantitative finance, I'm in my mid thirties now, and reading up on quantitative finance,

Ive been programming for a few years now basically as a hobby I started back in gr 9 on qbasic then went onto something like Rbasic then vb and currently c++. If i cant sustain any kind of profit from trading in the next year or so (which is unlikely) i think im going to get a degree in software engineering. I think alot of the future of trading is with AI. Ive got a notebook that i add ideas to for different types of neural networks that I think would be good for solving complex wholistic problems like the financial markets.

Edit: UNlikely

Ive been programming for a few years now basically as a hobby I started back in gr 9 on qbasic then went onto something like Rbasic then vb and currently c++. If i cant sustain any kind of profit from trading in the next year or so (which is likely) i think im going to get a degree in software engineering. I think alot of the future of trading is with AI. Ive got a notebook that i add ideas to for different types of neural networks that I think would be good for solving complex wholistic problems like the financial markets.

your on the right path, you skillset will be in demand, by money managers and backoffices. You will be able to command a high 6 figure compensation package.

surreal almost a movie, tis truly good to read your posts again, brother.

thanx Jack.

I fear the world is entering a pessimistic mode.

1) bonds up
2) equities down
3) dollar down
4) oil up
5) gold up

dollar will turn around at the later stages.

As a rule I try to think of things differently than other people. Too many people blindly take everything they hear as fact and rely on other people who they think are smarter to come to the conclusions. Little do they know many of the "smarter people" are people with an inferiority complex who just want people to listen to them talk.

That's more like it!